Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Part(s)

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Will Cadillac agency's sell parts over the counter to me? The passenger door open pad is not working, and I'm thinking of replacing it myself. Is that something I, as a former mechanic, can replace easily?? I mean, is it as easy as removing the bad one, and just disconnectig some wire ( or plug in), and cementing the new one in place?? Can I assume the old one has an adhesive backing on it?

Yes this is relatively easy to replace; two screws and disconnect the plug-in. You can find the part numbers online at gmpartsdirect.com

They are actually pretty cheap.

Will Cadillac agency's sell parts over the counter to me? The passenger door open pad is not working, and I'm thinking of replacing it myself. Is that something I, as a former mechanic, can replace easily?? I mean, is it as easy as removing the bad one, and just disconnectig some wire ( or plug in), and cementing the new one in place?? Can I assume the old one has an adhesive backing on it?

door opener pads

Yes this is relatively easy to replace; two screws and disconnect the plug-in. You can find the part numbers online at gmpartsdirect.com

They are actually pretty cheap.
I took the r/side off(not working) and took it apart, cleaned all contacts w/400 wet or dry sandpaper. Now it works like new!! So L /side worked, but I thought, "That was an easy fix on the right one", so I took the left off and did it too. Now the left works even better than it did!!I googled how to repair them. it was so easy to do! WOW!!!!

Last edited:
It is the same switch on the rear trunk switch above the lic. plate.

switch

HAHA, a switch that you can easily clean and may last forever and is cheap. They have about 1000 of them in stock. However sealed parts that cannot be repaired and cost a fortune are No longer available.

Close, but they are not the exact same part. Look it up, different part numbers.
Door part #22751230. Trunk part #20785843.

It is the same switch on the rear trunk switch above the lic. plate.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom