Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Pets

Here is Brigette with her costume from last Halloween.

Maryann:wave:
She is soooo cute. I will try and get Kevin to post pics of Samantha in her Halloween costume.

Oh my gosh ..... aren't these the most adorable pets ever (even the cars!) ....

HGR .... I think that is the first time I've seen Cinder ... she's a beautiful girl.

Your designer doggie is so cute Marion ... I love her!

And LinSue ... you're holding out ... where are the pictures of the bunny, the kid goats .... and the rest of the crew that roams your property??

SouthernV .... where is the picture of XLRVLVR with Bridgette???

All the pets are soo cute. RA Ollie looks just like my inlaws Bernie. He was a great dog.
Linsue how big is Moosie?
Bruce and Kathy where is your cat? We know you must have a picture of the kitty?

RA, Here is the picture you were talking about.

Maryann that is a cute picture with Floyd and Brigette. Does Brigette give you a hard time about dressing her up? Samantha gives me a rough time when I try to dress her. The only thing I can get her to wear with out a fight is a handkerchief or her winter coat.

Here are our two...
Suga on the left is a 3 year old German Shepard/Chow that "found" me a few years ago. She stays at the shop and guards the place (truth be known, she would invite anyone in and help them carry things out). She is really camera shy so I had to take her picture through the office window hence the blurriness.
BoJangles on the right is a Shorkie - a 3 year old Shih Tzu/Yorkshire Terrior cross - a designer breed such as Cubby's.

Here are our two...
Suga on the left is a 3 year old German Shepard/Chow that "found" me a few years ago. She stays at the shop and guards the place (truth be known, she would invite anyone in).
BoJangles on the right is a Shorkie - a 3 year old ****z zu/Yorkshire Terrior cross.

Cuties mtrocket. What is it with little ones. My little girl would do the same. She would not only invite them in, she would show them where I would be hiding.

Cuties mtrocket. What is it with little ones. My little girl would do the same. She would not only invite them in, she would show them where I would be hiding.

Mine probably wouldn't care where I was hiding... they would be having too much fun trying to get the "new big ones" to play with them!!

I'm really loving this thread. I just learned how to post pictures today (guess you all could tell :chuckle:chuckle).

Marion....Brigette does NOT like to be dressed up. She has even figured out how to wiggle her way out of her sweatshirt.

Our last dog was a collie/shepherd mix and he loved to be dressed up (we only put bandana's on him and every halloween he was a clown). :dunno:

I love all the pictures so far and hope to see lots more added here.

This is THE BEST thread yet...such an insight into our "lives" and "loves". If the "Old Wives Club" is in jeapordy, where would this one be? :squint: Thanks Rob for letting us share...:blinzel:
Well, Marion, Moosie is ALL hair and just a hollow body, kind of like Stanley (he never has to fear Thanksgiving) and RA, Tasha & Nellie (kid goats) never stop moving long enough for a picture, unless their horns get caught in the fence.....and the bunnies are about to leave for the bunny farm (need I elaborate:() WTH do you do with 9 rabbits? They'll be fed, have room to roam and dig, and whatever happens happens:ugh:.
Today, my son's wife called w/news they had to put down kitty Sparkle. So I sent her a picture of Bobo's new Kandi's mom (hope the breeder's sealed the deal, Bob). She'll be hooked. Guess you can see why I live in the country. Ya shoulda been here when we had llamas. So you can also see why it's hard to leave for Florida.
LS

Hey! I went to a Pumpkin Patch yesterday (that's where kids in the city go .... to places that truck in pumpkins and create carnival atmospheres) .... we petted the llamas, the emu's and ponies and 'looked at' the chickens, bunnies and goats (in their pens) .... and then we all washed our hands with sanitizer and went out to dinner! Yes .... I love this thread too ....
Our diversity is really something .... we all live somewhere different and live different lifestyles :blinzel: fun to share!

Here is my first Norwegian Forest Cat..........Dustmop, now residing in Rainbow bridge waiting for me to pick her up and bring her into the light when I go.
DustySpecial-1.jpg

And here is my 7 year old Mocha Almond Fudge...aka Mocha

MochaSpecial.jpg

New Kitty not happening, I think he got a better offer, I love doing business with moron's. I would have given him more if he would have asked me. Guess I have to start my search all over again and there aren't to many Norwegian Forest Cat breeders out west. Dam. Think I'll get away with the mispelling?

You can't help but love those faces BoBo.

Rainbow Bridge

For those that have never heard this poem that have lost a pet that was close to their heart,

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... As Red Skelton used to say, "God Bless"

You can't help but love those faces BoBo.

In loving memory of Earl
P6120295.jpg
and Waldo
P6100281.jpg

About a month ago Waldo went to Rainbow Bridge and this afternoon Earl followed his life long friend! :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: :grouphug::grouphug:
Jean

For those that have never heard this poem that have lost a pet that was close to their heart,

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... As Red Skelton used to say, "God Bless"

Jean,
I'm very sorry to hear about Earl and Waldo. I know it's tough when you lose pets.
Kathy

Jean sorry to hear about Waldo and Earl.

Bobo Beautiful poem

And to you both you made me cry.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry