Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Power Window problem

S

speedway

Having a problem with the power windows both sides when I express up or down they close but then immedately go back down half way. This does not happen every time. If I hold the button for a few seconds they remain closed. I thought maybe there may be a quick fix if not I will take it to the dealor. Anyone else had the problem?:dunno:

Pretty simple fix, Speed. Just hold the button down for about 10 seconds when the window is raised, then lower the window, and hold again for about 10 seconds. This will recalibrate the travel distance. This will usually have to be done each time the battery is disconnected also.

Floyd (BB)

:willy_nilly:
Pretty simple fix, Speed. Just hold the button down for about 10 seconds when the window is raised, then lower the window, and hold again for about 10 seconds. This will recalibrate the travel distance. This will usually have to be done each time the battery is disconnected also.

Floyd (BB)

Thanx, it appears to have worked.

Fred (speedway)

Ya know Floyd. We really shouldn't have to do this at all with all the high tech stuff on this car. Imagine being in a rain storm and it decides to unlearn and needs to go back to school. I've had one window do that for no reason at all. Just decided to unlearn...........not that it takes long to fix but sometimes these old brains have to think about it for a half hour and by that time I look like that commercial with the beer up to the window............Sir, have you been drinking?

Floyd (BB)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back