Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

question with driver information center (question answered)

TheOldMan

My XLR/V(s)
2007 black/black xlr base
So, my driver information center (DIC) is functioning half way, I think. I start the car, in park, lights off, and I push the information button thinking I will scroll through the features like odometer, trip odometer, miles per gallon etc. Well I don't get any of those functions, BUT when I push the OPTIONS button I can scroll through the personal functions and can change these like the manual says I can. Is there something I am doing incorrectly or is something on the car not functioning?
Can I fix this myself? If so, please clue me in. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OKAY then, does any one know where the DIC information is stored or when you push the DIC button, what is supposed to come up on the bottom of the DIC display.

Read this:
"Driver Information Center (DIC) This display gives you the status of many of your vehicle’s systems. The DIC is also used to display driver personalization features and warning/status messages. All messages will appear in the DIC display, located at the bottom of the instrument panel cluster" pg 203

I can't see or get into the information to change the trip odometers .

Morning.

2007 manual (from a pdf that I have), page 204:

HTH! :thumbsup

Attachments

• 2007 p204.pdf
    416.1 KB · Views: 116
Thanks Gord, mine says on page 204: Use the " i " button to get to the info
to see and change the available features.
I can not get to the info highlighted below.
I can get to the personal driver one and driver two info using the OPTIONS
just like it says.

1667743505685.png

Welcome!
So does the switch actually toggle yet do nothing? Maybe just a bad switch? I don't honestly recall the sequencing but it has to be a top-level menu selector, and maybe whatever next level you're in isn't set.

I'd be quite tempted to toggle it up and down quite a few times and maybe just reset whatever sub-menu it's in and see if that'll get it to give in. Hopefully someone who has used the thing recently will chime in, then we'll all know.

:)

Thanks, Yeah Gord, the switch toggles and does nothing when I try it in the available features position,
but works after I push the options button to change the driver 1 and 2 options.

Strange to me why it doesn't let me in to change the trip a mileage from wheatever to 0.

Well, found out that the DIC will not show any trip a or b or anything else while there is an error showing on the output screen.
I Clear the error and my DIC up and down toggle switch started to work. My situation';

PO cut 4 wires to left headlight in fender. Put an error on DIC output about SFC problem.
Fixed wires and put in light then DIC started to work letting me do all the things written on pg 204.

Done.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back