Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

rear sway bar installed, service stabilitrak light

james04xlr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Xenon Blue XLR
did any of you other guys get the service stabilitrak message after installing a rear swaybar on your base xlr? I don't know if it's coincidence or, if the sway bar is messing with the way GM intended the rear suspension to travel. The message has come on twice now in the past week since I installed the rear bar and it's not everytime I drive it. Any suggestions? :blinzel:

Never had any problem after I installed the sway bar... no lights, no service stabilitrak message at all. Not sure what the problem would be...

ok, thanks guys. It didn't do it at all yesterday after a 75 mile drive. So, if it comes on again I'll investigate further.

did any of you other guys get the service stabilitrak message after installing a rear swaybar on your base xlr? I don't know if it's coincidence or, if the sway bar is messing with the way GM intended the rear suspension to travel. The message has come on twice now in the past week since I installed the rear bar and it's not everytime I drive it. Any suggestions? :blinzel:

It's not the addition of the rear swaybar. I would bet you have a C0710 code stored for a loose connection @ the Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) @ the base of the steering column. Bulletin #06-02-35-002B. :wave:

It's not the addition of the rear swaybar. I would bet you have a C0710 code stored for a loose connection @ the Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) @ the base of the steering column. Bulletin #06-02-35-002B. :wave:

I'll plug in my code reader and see what comes up. If you have a more exact description of where this plug is, I'll check it out. Thanks

service stabilitrack....

Weird coincidence: my XLR's DIC said the same thing this morning BUT I have not yet installed the sway bar! :rolleyes: It actually said it once or twice before, just after I bought the car too.

I have a sway bar awaiting the time & the hoist to install. (My son is doing a motor switch right now, he is dropping in a 6L in his 06 GM short box)

Will the code come up on a code reader even if it is not currently displaying the message on the DIC?

Weird coincidence: my XLR's DIC said the same thing this morning BUT I have not yet installed the sway bar! :rolleyes: It actually said it once or twice before, just after I bought the car too.

I have a sway bar awaiting the time & the hoist to install. (My son is doing a motor switch right now, he is dropping in a 6L in his 06 GM short box)

Will the code come up on a code reader even if it is not currently displaying the message on the DIC?

It would depend on the code reader. Most models do not read body or suspension codes.

I was getting the same message and it turned out to be a bad body control module

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom