Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Replacing the Seat Control Bezel

johnchasxlr

Just in case you need to replace your seat control bezel here is the procedure:

(gm part number for the driver's side is 88991573 available from gmpartsdirect for about $54.00)

Please see attached photo.

The seat really should be removed to do this properly however did OK with a short phillips screwdriver.
It may be a good idea to disconnect the battery however I did not do so.
This procedure worked great for me, a Cadillac Tech may have a better procedure.

1. Remove the old bezel assembly by removing the 3 phillips screws you will find under the bottom lip of the assembly.
2. Using a small plastic screwdriver unplug and pry out (from the back) the seat control switches marked in my photo as "3"
3. Using a small plastic screwdriver pry OFF (from the front) the two plastic switch covers marked in my photo as "2"
4. Using a small plastic screwdriver pry out (from the back) the main seat control switch assembly marked in my photo as "3"
5. You will NOW be able to unplug the main seat control switch assembly using the push tab on the BOTTOM of the plug.
6. Using a small plastic screwdriver pry out (from the back) the seat memory switches marked in my photo as "1"

Everything MUST go back in the same order as it was removed or you will end up removing everything and starting over.

xlr_drivers_seat_plastic_facia.jpg

Replacing Bezel

Thank you for this post. I did not have a clue how to remove the switch covers.

I've attached a pic showing two of the screws on the switch cover, --one of which is recommended the seat to be removed for access on the lower/outer edge. On mine, it wasn't even fastened through the tab hole. On the passenger seat, the mounting tab was broken off. In both cases, the switch cover was loose and flexed whenever entering/exiting the car. I've attached a pic.

Seat removal is fairly easy, but a second set of hands is recommended since the seat is bulky and a lot heavier than it looks, making it very easy to scratch the kick panels when moving the seat in or out. A heavy mover's blanket or something similar is recommended to protect the kick panels as well. I've documented seat removal on this site in another post.

CC :wave:

Attachments

• Seat Switch Bezel (1).jpg
    Seat Switch Bezel (1).jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
seat

Clark, help the guy out that was trying to get his seat out with no power to it. I am going to pull one myself this weekend on a car with no electronics, Front bolts easy to get to but the rear are hard to access without power to move the seat forward.

Unfortunately.....

Unfortunately there isn't a way I know of to get to the back seat bolts without power to the seats. I've had my seat out twice and always move the seats forward to remove the rear nuts, before raising the seat all the way up and then backward to remove the front nuts and then disconnecting the power. The back of the seats will move forward a little, but not enough to get a to nuts if the seat is all the way back. My have to find a way to get power to the seat to move it.

Clark, help the guy out that was trying to get his seat out with no power to it. I am going to pull one myself this weekend on a car with no electronics, Front bolts easy to get to but the rear are hard to access without power to move the seat forward.

Yeah If you are going to break a car apart the seats should be moved forward before disconnecting electronics. I bought mine 1/2 apart so I am stuck .

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom