Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rotors & Pads 16,000 miles

standby-V

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V
I know we haven't discussed to many brake problems in the four years I've been on here, but at 16,000 my adviser put all new rotors and pads under warranty which to this day I don't know how he pulled that off. Sad to say he is a victim of the economy and was let go.
Just turned 35,000 and heard the Birdie chirp and took it to Goodyear and all rotors where below specs and if cut would warp the rotors in no time, and most pads had about a half inch left.
Cadillac wanted a ridiculous price to replace everything and Goodyear's price was way below Cadillacs with GM parts @ $1,142
I'm not questioning the price but I am questioning the softness of these rotors. They looked like the grand canyon in places and I down shift when stopping.
Think this is normal guys/gals?:pat:

I know we haven't discussed to many brake problems in the four years I've been on here, but at 16,000 my adviser put all new rotors and pads under warranty which to this day I don't know how he pulled that off. Sad to say he is a victim of the economy and was let go.
Just turned 35,000 and heard the Birdie chirp and took it to Goodyear and all rotors where below specs and if cut would warp the rotors in no time, and most pads had about a half inch left.
Cadillac wanted a ridiculous price to replace everything and Goodyear's price was way below Cadillacs with GM parts @ $1,142
I'm not questioning the price but I am questioning the softness of these rotors. They looked like the grand canyon in places and I down shift when stopping.
Think this is normal guys/gals?:pat:
Go to ebay you can get the whole works for under $600.00 Brake Max will install $80.00 in Tucson. You can upgrade the pads to Hawk High Performance pads which I have on my Vette and yopu will love them. Check it out you'll be happy you did.

Fred:patriot:

I just purchase drilled and slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads (front & back) from iRotors on eBay for $377.00 with free shipping, Goodridge stainless brake lines $145.00 also shipped free. :cool:

While I appreciate all this information, I already have the cart in front of the horse.:pat:
I was trying to teach my daughter about taking care of her car, the minute you know it needs fixin instead of buying clothes or a do over of her bedroom but it seems I'm the one that has learned to ask first and fix later.:pat:
Thanks guys:wave:
I just purchase drilled and slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads (front & back) from iRotors on eBay for $377.00 with free shipping, Goodridge stainless brake lines $145.00 also shipped free. :cool:

While I appreciate all this information, I already have the cart in front of the horse.:pat:
I was trying to teach my daughter about taking care of her car, the minute you know it needs fixin instead of buying clothes or a do over of her bedroom but it seems I'm the one that has learned to ask first and fix later.:pat:
Thanks guys:wave:

I know what you mean...been there....done that ...many, many times. :willy_nilly::dunno:

Just an fYI... for the XLR-V, the rotors and pads are the same as the C6 Vette with the Z51 performance option.

So buying those parts may be less expensive when shopping for parts.

I have 17k miles and my rotors/pads and they still seem fine... most likely I'll be replacing them with a BBK from Brembo when the time comes.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom