Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rubber moldings; discoloration & decomp.

Yes - we have more than enough to leverage the buyback, but Doris still hold out hope the problems will eventually get worked out.

It didn't help that the front end started popping when driving up an incline the day she picked it up. This will be its sixth time back for that issue, the last time it was in they swapped numerous suspension pieces before they got it to stop for what is now proving to be a very short time. :dunno:

All I can figure is GM really likes buying back their cars. :(

Well, I hope everything gets squared away on the car .... I know how much PD loves it .... and it suits her too!:rocker:

So ---- are we going to see you guys take a road trip in it??? Like to San Antonio..... or are you going to drive the snake???

I'll buy dinner for the snake and his lady the first night if he puts the snake on the road. I want to cuddle up to it with my V. This would be to much to hope for.
Come to think of it, I have enough issues to scrap my V too............don't get me started, I love my V.
Well, I hope everything gets squared away on the car .... I know how much PD loves it .... and it suits her too!:rocker:

So ---- are we going to see you guys take a road trip in it??? Like to San Antonio..... or are you going to drive the snake???

I "cuddled up" to one of the new Challenger SRT8's two nights ago on the way home from work. We waited patiently until we had open road then rolled from 65 on up. Before we hit 100 he was over a car length behind and then he might as well of parked it...........at 150 he was so far back it was hard to tell what color he was. According to my Skyway Smart Alert tracker, my top speed was 161 mph before dropping out of warp. The new intake, pulley, exhaust and tune really makes the Snake sing! It should noted there is more left on the top end - just can't get enough straight and clear road to test my theory. My 2003 Cobra pegged the speedo several time (160) a fact Doris can attest to.......:laugh::laugh::laugh:White knuckle fever!

Please remember; this was a closed track event, children should not attempt to duplicate this incident at home and no animals were injured.

Well, okay -so there were a couple of children involved = boys with really fast toys. :reddevil

Bring it on BoBo!!!!!!!:cool:

Let's go back to a subject that's been covered before about the XLR .... but not any other car, I don't think. Isn't there a "gentleman's agreement" that applies to the speed of cars made for the U.S. streets .... a limiter applied from the manufacturer?

Ohhhhhhhhhh, knowing you, I'm sure Doris can attest to seeing the other side of 150 several times.... :willy_nilly:

But, heck, I bet she's no virgin ...... when she picked us up off of the highway to bring us into Chowchilla, we were being led at a good pace ..... and looking for anything wrapped in black and white! :reddevil :lol:

Isn't that cool seeing the guy get smaller and smaller in the mirror? Sounds like you have her humming. If your car changes into a Night Rider, the best I can transform into is a convertible.
BTW, I don't do rolling starts. Standing starts only. Separates the men from the boys. I also have that 100 MPH lock down that I have decided not to go over anymore, unless I'm at the track.
You don't have to test your theory, we believe she will get way up there well above 160. We don't want to loose our wine man.
Just take PD's car down and drop it off, you know your gonna do it. Good time to buy PD a Maserati like the one on Desperate Housewife's. She would look good in that baby, I think I saw where that car has the hardtop convertible now.
I "cuddled up" to one of the new Challenger SRT8's two nights ago on the way home from work. We waited patiently until we had open road then rolled from 65 on up. Before we hit 100 he was over a car length behind and then he might as well of parked it...........at 150 he was so far back it was hard to tell what color he was. According to my Skyway Smart Alert tracker, my top speed was 161 mph before dropping out of warp. The new intake, pulley, exhaust and tune really makes the Snake sing! It should noted there is more left on the top end - just can't get enough straight and clear road to test my theory. My 2003 Cobra pegged the speedo several time (160) a fact Doris can attest to.......:laugh::laugh::laugh:White knuckle fever!

Please remember; this was a closed track event, children should not attempt to duplicate this incident at home and no animals were injured.

Well, okay -so there were a couple of children involved = boys with really fast toys. :reddevil

Bring it on BoBo!!!!!!!:cool:

Let's go back to a subject that's been covered before about the XLR .... but not any other car, I don't think. Isn't there a "gentleman's agreement" that applies to the speed of cars made for the U.S. streets .... a limiter applied from the manufacturer?

Ohhhhhhhhhh, knowing you, I'm sure Doris can attest to seeing the other side of 150 several times.... :willy_nilly:

But, heck, I bet she's no virgin ...... when she picked us up off of the highway to bring us into Chowchilla, we were being led at a good pace ..... and looking for anything wrapped in black and white! :reddevil :lol:

Most of our cars do have speed limiters, but I had my tuner remove it from the program, along with the rev limiter.........:lol:

Isn't that cool seeing the guy get smaller and smaller in the mirror? Sounds like you have her humming. If your car changes into a Night Rider, the best I can transform into is a convertible.
BTW, I don't do rolling starts. Standing starts only. Separates the men from the boys. I also have that 100 MPH lock down that I have decided not to go over anymore, unless I'm at the track.
You don't have to test your theory, we believe she will get way up there well above 160. We don't want to loose our wine man.
Just take PD's car down and drop it off, you know your gonna do it. Good time to buy PD a Maserati like the one on Desperate Housewife's. She would look good in that baby, I think I saw where that car has the hardtop convertible now.

See needs a Maserati like a hole in the head. Don't be giving her any ideas. :pat:

See needs a Maserati like a hole in the head. Don't be giving her any ideas. :pat:

Awaaaaaaaa, it would sure look nice with her new shoes and handbag and parked in the driveway at the new house. Valentine's day is coming soon, would make a nice present for your Valentine!!!!!!:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle First Robin

Awaaaaaaaa, it would sure look nice with her new shoes and handbag and parked in the driveway at the new house. Valentine's day is coming soon, would make a nice present for your Valentine!!!!!!:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle First Robin

You are a bad influence too! No shoes - no handbags - no Maserati!!!!! NO! :willy_nilly:

You are a bad influence too! No shoes - no handbags - no Maserati!!!!! NO! :willy_nilly:

Ha Ha Ha, I saw the shoes and the handbag. Just wait until I go shopping with Doris in San Francisco. You talk about a Stimulas Package, what she will spend will make the Stimulas Package look like peanuts.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Hey.................remember that song? "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets."
PD I know you know how to get that Maserati. Think girl, think. April 14th, right around the corner.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! PD and 1st Robin in Shaky City? Better get the Knight Rider warmed up and a GPS installed on 1st Robin's car.
When are you guys moving in the new place?
:party:bar00: and wine.
Ha Ha Ha, I saw the shoes and the handbag. Just wait until I go shopping with Doris in San Francisco. You talk about a Stimulas Package, what she will spend will make the Stimulas Package look like peanuts.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

We are all moved in; still hanging pictures and arranging things but I have the new grille set up out back and the bars stocked, so we are good to go!!

We are all moved in; still hanging pictures and arranging things but I have the new grille set up out back and the bars stocked, so we are good to go!!
You will be hanging pictures for the rest of your life .... :lol:

Funny you should say that; I was not aware PD had taken one of the serigraphs we had bought some time back to the frame shop. Then, while packing we discovered one still rolled and tucked away in a corner of the guest room closet. So now it is on its way to the frame shop........ :pat:

Please - make it stop!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back