Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Run Flat tires

Mike, They appear to be close in size, a little bit larger diameter. Don't know if the speed rating is the same and don't seem to be a high mileage tire at a 220 rating. You may want to do 255 all the way around and give you the ability to rotate the tires. I'll be needing tires this fall as well and haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

I just picked up an '06 V with 40,400 on it. It has OEM tires that were installed on 3/11 went the car had 26K on it. Today I had the painted rims swapped out for some freshly chromed ones and got to inspect the tires up close. I figure there's maybe 10K left on the outside. I was just wondering if you reached a tire decision and what your experience was following up.

Thanks...

I just replaced my Pirellis with a set of the new Bridgestone run flats.

They carry a 50,000 mile warranty which is 20,000 miles more than competing brands including Michelin.

I have run them hard from the beginning and I can assure you these bad boys are very smooth and extremely sticky.

The Pirellis don't even come close in any parameter.

BTW...I paid $185 apiece with a $125 Bridgestone rebate.

I just replaced my Pirellis with a set of the new Bridgestone run flats.

They carry a 50,000 mile warranty which is 20,000 miles more than competing brands including Michelin.

I have run them hard from the beginning and I can assure you these bad boys are very smooth and extremely sticky.

The Pirellis don't even come close in any parameter.

BTW...I paid $185 apiece with a $125 Bridgestone rebate.

Did you find the OEM staggered sizes or did you use the same size all around. If so, which size?

I just picked up an '06 V with 40,400 on it. It has OEM tires that were installed on 3/11 went the car had 26K on it. Today I had the painted rims swapped out for some freshly chromed ones and got to inspect the tires up close. I figure there's maybe 10K left on the outside. I was just wondering if you reached a tire decision and what your experience was following up.

Thanks...

I'm getting ready to purchase Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

This is as close as I could could find to front OEM. I believe Chad (Popbigguy) put these on in April.

Mike

Another poster of an owner of a base model, who doesn't realize the V's have 19" wheels. Finding run-flats for the V's is getting hard. I haven't replaced mine yet, but will have to before the upcoming trip in 2015 to Va. Beach. Will probably end up going with non run-flats.

Did you find the OEM staggered sizes or did you use the same size all around. If so, which size?

This is as close as I could could find to front OEM. I believe Chad (Popbigguy) put these on in April.

Mike

YEP!!! I love them Mike!! Sticky! But not worth a POO in the rain, snow, and hail we went thru in MT. In the rain they're a little slick, after all, there're Summer tires! I'm not worried about not having run-flats. That's what AAA is for, and the compressor I carry in the trunk.

See ya' in the Spring!
Chad

Mike

Great tire Mike
Roxy wears them on all 4 corners my biggest gripe for the price is 30k mile tire! Otherwise we love'em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Mike

In case anyone is contemplating, I just replaced mine with the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position Run Flat. They don't make them in the OEM size so I ended up with

• Size: <sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">245/45RF19</sbold>
  • <sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">Run Flat</sbold>
  • Sidewall Style: <sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">Blackwall</sbold>
  • Serv. Desc: <sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">98W</sbold>
  • UTQG: <sbold style="outline: none; font-family: gibsonsemibold;">400 AA A</sbold>

On all four wheels. I know it's smaller than the OEM in the rear, but it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference. I can say though that the tires are much more comfortable than the Pirelli Euphorias that were on previously. This tire doesn't even really feel like a run flat. I also like that it's an all weather tire with a 40K mile warranty.

The tires don't look that same as the OEM since they're 45 instead of 40. I don't think it looks bad, but I would have preferred them in a 40. Here's what they look like.

IMG_2286.jpgIMG_2289.jpg

No problems with rubbing in the front. Doesn't seem to have any less grab in the rear. I've only put about 150 miles on them so far but seems like it might be an option for some.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom