Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Seeking XLR V !! Please help !!

The OP posted "Seeking XLR V !! Please help !! I was told a couple months from a former V owner the value is going up, but he didn't say how much...

I am in the same "boat" as JWade. Also in the market for an XLR and would rather purchase a "V" if I can find one (Black & Ebony) in my price range with not to many miles on it. Been watching them and prices seem to very pretty much on mileage and year. Have seen late models 06-09 with pretty high mileage for sale pretty low ( high 20's to very low 30's) and once in awhile a low mileage one as high as the upper 50's. I recently purchased a Chevy SSR (3 years ago) and it was pretty much the same....mileage had a large factor on the price. Both the XLR's and the SSR's are what are called "niche" vehicles...only appeal to smaller group of people than the high performance vehicles like Vette's, Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers (staying with domestic brands here...LOL) that have a larger customer base. The SSR's have been holding their value in the last 3 years....since I have only been looking at the XLR's for a couple month's now do not have any history on them...rarely do you see one go up for auction on tv......I did read on this forum that a few are going up for auction at the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction next month but that Barrett Jackson auction is the "Na Na Land" of auctions....most others do not get anywhere near what those vehicles sell for. Too many bidder's there with more money than they have sense.....(just my opinion..I am sure there are others who will disagree...LOL)

The OP posted "Seeking XLR V !! Please help !! I was told a couple months from a former V owner the value is going up, but he didn't say how much...

Last edited:
I think a low mileage V will loose a lesser amount but I do not think any XLR will retain its value or increase for another 5-7 years. Stick with the later years 07 08 09 . I think people read about the 04 and 05 having a lot of problems and I just do not see an 04-05 ever being worth top money .That's my opinion. Others mileage may vary

Sometimes a good car will pop up on one of those sites. I found one on auto-trader or cars.com about 700 miles away but was fortunate to have a friend in the same town who could inspect it for me. There’s always some risk when you buy on-line or try to set up a purchase that includes a one-way airplane ticket.

That looks like a car well worth the money . low enough mileage to drive it a while without any loss in value. I would follow up on that one for sure.

Yep, I sent them a reply..........does sound too good to be true.....that one would need a very close look at.... (professionally......at a Cadillac dealer with a tech that has worked on XLR'V's before)).....but at that price have to try.....LOL

That looks like a car well worth the money . low enough mileage to drive it a while without any loss in value. I would follow up on that one for sure.

Our '05 was pristine condition w/new tires, 36K miles and brought top dollar this year...... Never had any issues. Would loved to have kept it, but too many cars and with so many discontinued parts unavailable, believed I made the right decision.

May I say this I would closely look at all the electronics in a vehicle like that if you see fog in the headlamps are moisture in any part of that vehicle walk fast there was numerous floods hurricanes and tornadoes within the last year that's why you'll see a lot on the net reasonable prices so it seems until down the road.... out there now I will say this I been on this site for a while I own a silver over black 06 V what would you people out there recommend the fair value for that car it is pristine 8300 miles original down to factory pirelli's what should that bring at auction just a question thanks. jerz........

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

May I say this I would closely look at all the electronics in a vehicle like that if you see fog in the headlamps are moisture in any part of that vehicle walk fast there was numerous floods hurricanes and tornadoes within the last year that's why you'll see a lot on the net reasonable prices so it seems until down the road.... out there now I will say this I been on this site for a while I own a silver over black 06 V what would you people out there recommend the fair value for that car it is pristine 8300 miles original down to factory pirelli's what should that bring at auction just a question thanks. jerz........

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

12 year old tires are not a good idea IMHO. Suggest you fit new ones. Have a good 2019.

We have a 2006 XLR/V with 48602 miles on it that we would sell it for 32000 obo. This is a California car so you could buy it and go to Disneyland! Its black on black and runs great and yes the top goes up and down just fine.

That's what a totally original car has original original original of course the tires would be swapped out but you would have the factory issued rubber that's all thank you
12 year old tires are not a good idea IMHO. Suggest you fit new ones. Have a good 2019.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep, I sent them a reply..........does sound too good to be true.....that one would need a very close look at.... (professionally......at a Cadillac dealer with a tech that has worked on XLR'V's before)).....but at that price have to try.....LOL

I saw a couple scams on cars.com, and autotrader.com in the year that I looked for mine...The ones that seemed to good to be true...were just that... The email address name didn't match up with the name in the email, and it was always a story about someone died, and I just want the next owner to be as happy as my poor deceased wife (or husband) was with this car.. Each time, what made them go away, was asking for a copy of the title, told them to block out any info that thought was personal, etc. And each time they never responded..... and for god's sake, NEVER send money to an individual without driving away with the vehicle AND the title.

Hey Hof just curious I don't post often but you might have remembered my name that's neither here nor there but what do you think a 2006 V with 8,300 miles is worth silver over blk. as new . since you seem to watch prices more then myself appreciate any help before I put it up for auction/ sale owned for 6 years in the registry I'm on the site for a few years and I have paper in hand I've owned it I paid cash for it I am the second owner just curious thanks for your help.jerz
I saw a couple scams on cars.com, and autotrader.com in the year that I looked for mine...The ones that seemed to good to be true...were just that... The email address name didn't match up with the name in the email, and it was always a story about someone died, and I just want the next owner to be as happy as my poor deceased wife (or husband) was with this car.. Each time, what made them go away, was asking for a copy of the title, told them to block out any info that thought was personal, etc. And each time they never responded..... and for god's sake, NEVER send money to an individual without driving away with the vehicle AND the title.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back