Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Service Stabilitrack on DIC

Oldtimer

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR
Well I have about 1,000 miles (since I bought it) on my 2008 XLR and was getting an intermittent warning on the DIC (see above) I took the car to the shop today and was told that I had a short in the steering column. it was supposedly fixed within 20 minutes and I was on my way.
<O:p
I have noticed other postings that reference this warning and some have indicated that this might have something to do with a battery problem. (common on Corvettes). <O:p
<O:p
Any thoughts?

Yes, it's true a low charge in the battery will show many unusual problems in the DIC. If you don't drive the car very often a trickle charge system usually takes care of things.

Floyd

Thanks for the input, I do drive the car almost every day but I still could have a bad batery....

It says I am not authorised to read....

Thanks anyway...

Here you go;
Document ID: 2032653

<FORM name=CellHandlerForm onsubmit="JavaScript: return true;" action=/si/cellHandler.do method=post><HR>
#06-02-35-002B: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC, DTC C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal Set (Install Clip in SWPS Connector) - (Oct 19, 2007)

999999995.gif
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Subject:</TD><TD vAlign=top>Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC, DTC C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal Set (Install Clip in SWPS Connector)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Models:</TD><TD vAlign=top>2008 Buick Lucerne</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2004-2008 Cadillac XLR</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2006-2008 Cadillac DTS</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2005-2008 Chevrolet Corvette</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>with Steering Wheel - Tilt, Telescoping (RPO N37 or N38) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<HR>This bulletin is being revised to update the models and provide new correction information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-02-35-002A (Section 02 -- Steering).

<HR><A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2032653&from=sm#ss1-2032653">Condition

Some customers may comment on a Stabilitrak® or Active Handling System light being illuminated. Also, this warning light will be accompanied by a SERVICE STABILITRAK or SERVICE ACTIVE HNDLG message on the DIC.
Diagnosis with a scan tool may reveal a DTC C0710.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2032653&from=sm#ss2-2032653">Cause

The most likely cause of a DTC C0710 on a vehicle equipped with telescoping/tilt steering wheel is high resistance in SWPS connector C202. Fretting terminal corrosion may be present in the SWPS connector due to the telescoping motion of the steering column. When the steering column is telescoped in and out, the female terminals within the SWPS connector may move on the male terminals of the SWPS. This movement between the terminals may cause a high resistance condition in the SWPS connector.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2032653&from=sm#ss3-2032653">Correction

1. <LI type=1>Remove the driver's side closeout (insulator) panel.
  2. Locate the SWPS connector that connects to the steering angle sensor, located on the lower center of the steering column.

1. 2030089.gif

<LI type=1>Install the clip (1), P/N 19179794, into the connector. This clip will act as a terminal positive assurance (TPA) and prevent any movement of the terminals. <LI type=1>Reinstall the closeout panel. <LI type=1>Clear the DTC with a scan tool and road test the vehicle.
  2. If DTC C0710 resets during the road test, refer to DTC C0710 in SI.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2032653&from=sm#ss4-2032653">Parts Information

<TABLE width="95%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Part Number

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Description

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Qty

</TH></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle>19179794

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle>Clip, Steering Angle

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle>1

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
<TABLE width="95%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Labor Operation

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Description

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Labor Time

</TH></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle>E9464*

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle>Install Clip into Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Connector

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle>0.3 hr

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center colSpan=3>* This labor operation number is for bulletin use only. This number will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width="80%">GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

</TD><TD align=middle width=42> </TD><TD align=middle width=167>WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
</FORM>​

Where's Standby? He said that he was getting these warnings, and we told him about this fix. BoBO,,, Did this fix your problem?

Thanks for the concern but I just put it in neutral and shut it off while driving, then restart and it goes away. Kinda like lighting the afterburners on an
F-18.:pat:
Where's Standby? He said that he was getting these warnings, and we told him about this fix. BoBO,,, Did this fix your problem?

BAD YAW SENSOR

A bad Yaw Sensor can cause the light to come on too... Dealer is replacing mine in the '04. We'll see if it fixes it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom