Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

service stabillatrak

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
A couple weeks ago "service stabillitrak, engine reduced" came on my DIC. I took it in to my local Cadillac dealership and they told me that 3 of the 4 codes pointed to the throttle body. I told them, "Strange, that would be the third throttle body in 2 years." The XLR tech then continued to check and found my battery had a small crack that was leaking acid onto the battery tray and then onto the ECM, which sits directly below the battery tray (I know... good place for it, right?) Anyway, the acid had shorted out a couple wires on the ECM. The tech had to build a new wiring harness from the ECM to the throttle body, cost was $830. Most of that was labor, of course, but the car again runs like a dream!!!
Hence, the reason to have a certified XLR tech service your XLR; they know the little ins and outs of the XLR.​

A couple weeks ago "service stabillitrak, engine reduced" came on my DIC. I took it in to my local Cadillac dealership and they told me that 3 of the 4 codes pointed to the throttle body. I told them, "Strange, that would be the third throttle body in 2 years." The XLR tech then continued to check and found my battery had a small crack that was leaking acid onto the battery tray and then onto the ECM, which sits directly below the battery tray (I know... good place for it, right?) Anyway, the acid had shorted out a couple wires on the ECM. The tech had to build a new wiring harness from the ECM to the throttle body, cost was $830. Most of that was labor, of course, but the car again runs like a dream!!!
Hence, the reason to have a certified XLR tech service your XLR; they know the little ins and outs of the XLR.​

Glad they were able to find the cause of your problem. As Ive reported in the past all of the DIC messages that I received, well I found the problem!
The dealer installed a recorder to the OBD II connection. When a message popped up I was to press the top of this recorder to capture the cause.

While the engine was off I was showing the tech all of the wires that are in the hydraulic pump compartment were not secured as they should be. This pump was changed out at one time and the wires were just stuffed into the compartment.

After I showed him this I shut the trunk and went to start the car. No luck. Press the start button and NaDa. Then the messages started to flow across the DIC. I called the tech over so he could see this. He tried to start the car and NaDa for him too. I then moved the wires around and the car started. No more messages flowing across the. DIC. Problem solved??

So far it has been two weeks and no messages! I'm going to disconnect the battery and one by one, disconnect each wire connector, clean up all of the pin/connectors and apply a very thin film of dioelectric grease tomthe connectors, the try and find where these should be secured to. :party

Glad they were able to find the cause of your problem. As Ive reported in the past all of the DIC messages that I received, well I found the problem!
The dealer installed a recorder to the OBD II connection. When a message popped up I was to press the top of this recorder to capture the cause.

While the engine was off I was showing the tech all of the wires that are in the hydraulic pump compartment were not secured as they should be. This pump was changed out at one time and the wires were just stuffed into the compartment.

After I showed him this I shut the trunk and went to start the car. No luck. Press the start button and NaDa. Then the messages started to flow across the DIC. I called the tech over so he could see this. He tried to start the car and NaDa for him too. I then moved the wires around and the car started. No more messages flowing across the. DIC. Problem solved??

So far it has been two weeks and no messages! I'm going to disconnect the battery and one by one, disconnect each wire connector, clean up all of the pin/connectors and apply a very thin film of dioelectric grease tomthe connectors, the try and find where these should be secured to. :party

Fine mess you got into this time ain't...
Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics