Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Should Michael Vick be allowed to play again.

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
Michael Vick was released yesterday for his dog fighting. He wants to go back to the NFL and is suppose to meet with the NFL today to try and get reinstated. Should he be allowed to play in the NFL? My opinion is NO. There needs to be a few others suspended from the NFL. JMO. What is your opinion.
Disgraced former National Football League star quarterback Michael Vick finished on Monday the electronic home monitoring part of his sentence for dogfighting, the federal Bureau of Prisons said.
Vick was released from a Kansas prison on May 20 and was on supervised home confinement in Virginia for two months. A Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman said Vick was done on Monday with home monitoring, but he will be on probation for three years.
Vick pleaded guilty in 2007 and was convicted of conspiracy charges in an interstate dogfighting enterprise on one of his properties in rural Virginia. The federal judge in the case sentenced Vick to 23 months in prison.
The fallen sports star was the No. 1 pick in the 2001 NFL draft and a three-time All-Pro quarterback with the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons last month relinquished their contract right to Vick.
Vick remains suspended by the NFL. But his lawyers have said he would like to play professionally again.

I agree, NO

When I was young we all admired and looked up to people that played sports. They set good examples for the younger generations, they didn't murder, cheat, steal, cheat on their wives, do drugs or deal drugs and so forth, nor did they get multi million dollar contracts. The kids today have no good examples from the sport world, look at all that has gone on in the past ten to twenty years. The punishment does not fit the crime, they go to easy on these people. A Bronco player was just sent to jail in Montana for dealing in drugs, he needed to make money to pay child support to several women that were mothers of his children, thirteen I think the news said. Guess we should give him credit for wanting to pay child support. All of this makes me want to :pukeface::pukeface::pukeface:

That's a NO from me. He should be forced to work a few hundred hours in animal shelters.

You don't just wake up one morning and say to yourself; "I think I would like to get into the dog fighting business. Honey, where is the phone book, I need to look up Dogfighting"...............

Perhaps shoveling some dog crap would provide him with a new outlook on life.

That's a NO from me. He should be forced to work a few hundred hours in animal shelters.

You don't just wake up one morning and say to yourself; "I think I would like to get into the dog fighting business. Honey, where is the phone book, I need to look up Dogfighting"...............

Perhaps shoveling some dog crap would provide him with a new outlook on life.

I agree Mark, these sports guys get off way too lenient with the sh*t they do. Perhaps if they had to deal with real sh*t for a job, it might make them think!!

I agree Mark, these sports guys get off way too lenient with the sh*t they do. Perhaps if they had to deal with real sh*t for a job, it might make them think!!
We agree with BOTH of you .... only his sentence shouldn't be just for a few hundred hours .... the dogs are dead forever .... how about Michael's forever is shoveling the cr*p. :rocker:

Sad but true.........However; once your money runs low and your fame becomes a shrinking memory, you can be convicted of armed robbery.......in Nevada !!! Long live the Juice !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sad but true.........However; once your money runs low and your fame becomes a shrinking memory, you can be convicted of armed robbery.......in Nevada !!! Long live the Juice !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, yeah - now there's a subject we forgot to cover ... :pat:

O.J.? That could be a thread by itself. Bet that's one golf trip he wishes he had never taken. :blinzel:

Yesterday on the news they were talking about if Michael Vick gets reinstated that a team would still have to pick him up and what team would do that? :dunno: I can think of one team in the NFL that would probably take him, Dallas. I have noticed that Dallas tends to pick up the bad boys of the NFL. JMO.

WELL, HERE IT IS.....

Michael Vick reinstated by NFL

By BARRY WILNER AP Football Writer The Associated Press
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:10 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — The door is ajar for Michael Vick to return to the NFL. Only Vick, and any team willing to sign him, can open it fully.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated Vick on Monday, with conditions.

Free after serving 18 months in prison for running a dogfighting ring, Vick could participate in regular-season games as early as October.
Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games — if he can find a team. A number of clubs have already said they are not interested.
Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.

Michael Vick reinstated by NFL

By BARRY WILNER AP Football Writer The Associated Press
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:10 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — The door is ajar for Michael Vick to return to the NFL. Only Vick, and any team willing to sign him, can open it fully.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated Vick on Monday, with conditions.

Free after serving 18 months in prison for running a dogfighting ring, Vick could participate in regular-season games as early as October.
Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games — if he can find a team. A number of clubs have already said they are not interested.
Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.
The team that picks him up will have a big PR problem. There has been a lot of teams that have already said they will not be interested in him.

I think the Colts are talking to him and making Peyton Manning his backup!!:lol::lol:

I think the Colts are talking to him and making Peyton Manning his backup!!:lol::lol:
I don't think so. :mad: The Bears could use him they already have a PRs problem. :wave:

He will play again. The public has very short memories when it comes to who they consider a sports hero. Now, in Vick's case, there's an oxymoron for you. :bash:

He will play again. The public has very short memories when it comes to who they consider a sports hero. Now, in Vick's case, there's an oxymoron for you. :bash:
That is true people do have short memories, except when it comes to animals. JMO.

You knew this was coming... now you know where.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Michael Vick is in Philadelphia looking for a second chance and a fresh start with the Eagles.
"I know I've done some terrible things, made a horrible mistake. Now I want to be part of the solution and not the problem," Vick said Friday, referring to his conviction for his role in running a dogfighting ring.
Vick was introduced at a press conference a day after signing a one-year deal with an option for a second year with the Eagles.
Vick was flanked by Eagles coach Andy Reid and mentor Tony Dungy.
The 29-year-old Vick has been out of action since 2006. The former Atlanta Falcons star served 18 months of a 23-month sentence in federal prison.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Michael Vick is in Philadelphia looking for a second chance and a fresh start with the Eagles.
"I know I've done some terrible things, made a horrible mistake. Now I want to be part of the solution and not the problem," Vick said Friday, referring to his conviction for his role in running a dogfighting ring.
Vick was introduced at a press conference a day after signing a one-year deal with an option for a second year with the Eagles.
Vick was flanked by Eagles coach Andy Reid and mentor Tony Dungy.
The 29-year-old Vick has been out of action since 2006. The former Atlanta Falcons star served 18 months of a 23-month sentence in federal prison.
Had he admitted to all his wrong doing, he wouldn't even be getting a second chance to play in the NFL. I hope he hears the BOO's nice and clear. JMO.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Michael Vick ....."I know I've done some terrible things, made a horrible mistake. Now I want to be part of the solution and not the problem," Vick said Friday, referring to his conviction for his role in running a dogfighting ring.

Words of remorse .....
from a man who got caught.

Interesting his choice of words .... "terrible things" ... "a horrible mistake...."

After a few boo's and jeers in the beginning, those same fans will be high-fiving and jumping up and down everytime this guy gets the ball. And his wallet will get fatter.

Oh ... I forgot ... that's okay though, because after all, he did spend 18 months in prison and served his debt to society.

Another sports hero.

Words of remorse .....
from a man who got caught.

Interesting his choice of words .... "terrible things" ... "a horrible mistake...."

After a few boo's and jeers in the beginning, those same fans will be high-fiving and jumping up and down everytime this guy gets the ball. And his wallet will get fatter.

Oh ... I forgot ... that's okay though, because after all, he did spend 18 months in prison and served his debt to society.

Another sports hero.
You ask me he didn't pay his debt. He never admitted to betting on the dog fights. He knew if admitted that guilt he would never be allowed to play in the NFL again. I hope people show up at the games wearing dog mask. It makes me sick when someone does that to a poor defenseless animal. That bread of dog has gotten a bad name because of people like him. These people that run those dog fighting rings steal little dogs out of people's yards to use to teach the dog to fight. It's crazy that this jerk gets to play again. Shame on the Eagles for picking him up. I'm a big Colts fan and Tony Dungy fan but I am even disappointed in Tony Dingy over this. He got caught that is the only reason he is saying he is remorseful.
Off my soap box now.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back