Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.:) Although, my XLR currently is sporting after market wheels (I don't know who or what happened to the OEM wheels), but I plan on changing out to HRE 19/20 I hope this month or so ( I need to start a new thread for that). I'll keep the current wheels as shop rollers.

32564_.jpg

32565_.jpg

Looks like you have your baby tinted? Looks nice

Looks like you have your baby tinted? Looks nice

Also just joined the Cadillac/LaSalle Club $35.00 a year they also have forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Also just joined the Cadillac/LaSalle Club $35.00 a year they also have forum!

Dan - are you part of an Allante/XLR chapter as well? I had joined the Cadillac/LaSalle Club last year - because it was required to join the Allante/XLR Chapter ...

just about every "Topless" newletter (for Allante/XLR club) that came out was 95% Allante... not much XLR information at all. I didn't renew my club membership. Mostly what I found with the CLC is that they focus on the older, "classic" Cadillacs - not so much the newer ones. I hope the club out by you has a bit "younger" mentality. :)

Dave,

The Allante/XLR association in the greater Phoenix area has a very active club. I am a member of both Cadillac/LaSalle Club, Allante/XLR Association. CLC has a dinner meeting once a month and Allante/XLR has a breakfast meeting once a month. Both do shows and trips plus provide a lot of information on upkeep of our vehicles as well as dealer information on service and repairs. We also invite guest speakers that give demonstrations on interior and exterior products to keep our vehicles looking the very best. We have a mix of younger and older members. I would say the majority of our members in both groups are Cadillac enthusist from the older the newist Cadillacs. I would encourage all members on this foarum to become active in both organizations. CLC is an international organization providing a lot of events in not only the United States but also foriegn countries. For only $35.00 per year membership you get the Self Starter every month. It is this organization that is building the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center. Start inviting XLR owners to join and change the profile of the amount of Allante/XLR. Several members here own both or have in the past owned both so our meetings give out info on both. Hope this helps in better understanding what these organizations are really all about. Oh yes, you will also get a new directory every year which you will find very useful.

CLC

Dan - are you part of an Allante/XLR chapter as well? I had joined the Cadillac/LaSalle Club last year - because it was required to join the Allante/XLR Chapter ...

just about every "Topless" newletter (for Allante/XLR club) that came out was 95% Allante... not much XLR information at all. I didn't renew my club membership. Mostly what I found with the CLC is that they focus on the older, "classic" Cadillacs - not so much the newer ones. I hope the club out by you has a bit "younger" mentality. :)

Not sure Dave :dunno: I just became a member on Monday and got my club membership number! As I was approached and invited by the South Central PA head of Directors of CLC for local PA area. He had seen my XLR pictures on Facebook and said I should bring that Awesome Caddy to Kelly Cadillac Show(Any type of vehicle can enter), but had a trophy group section for my year of the Cadiillac, the show is this Saturday in Lancaster PA. Then he mentioned a scheduled show @ the AACA Museum in Hershey in July which was only for CLC Members Show and if I was interested in showing Roxy I would need to be a CLC member! I do agree with what you are saying about the older "Classic's" but remember they where new once too as time passes our XLR's are becoming "Classic's" Next year the 2004 will be10 years old already. Anyway I believe the lack of XLR's in the club may cause the lack of being noticed, if more XLR's owners would join :blinzel: the CLC they would get recognized :rocker: and our XLR's would become more involved with the club!

allante /xlr meet up in sarasota

I remember seeing a thread from a xlr guy in south florida on here. But since i can't remember where i saw it. i thought that id post it here. I think he is a new member but i just remember him saying that there was no shows in south fl. If he can make it over to sarasota/osprey florida, then he can probably find this group. I also inclosed a web link. If i can find the other thread i'll post it there too

Home - Allanté Club of America

florida_allante_club_logo.jpg

Sarasota-Osprey, FloridaMEET
April 26-28[SUP]th[/SUP], 2013

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375666010.413214.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375666059.698093.jpg
Now we got triplets.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Cool pics.

ubupyse8.jpg

gupujave.jpg
pe3yme2y.jpg
a4a4a6ur.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com

Local Macco Centercar show yesterday over 200 vehicles showed

Thanks Dan Gouker

Ok, gearing up for this coming Saturdays show. Printed out a make shift window sticker and other ideas from other xlr owners. This is what I have so far. But really can't decide where the best place for this display can be. So here are some photos. This all depends on if the rain holds out. Pray for no rain

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375973767.709836.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375973786.099880.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375973805.339969.jpg

Oh and yes that is a red die cast xlr

Yes I figured. That's why I'm debating on using that. Unless I leave the top up and if the top is down then hiding it in the trunk. Or better yet just leaving it at home. Where it'll be safe. Because I want to show off the car and not worry about the die cast. If there was a way to plexiglass the half trunk space when the trunk is open and lock it up. Then I think that'll be better. But this is the 1st time taking the car to a show and displaying it. So I'm getting ideas. I c some vettes have their die casts on the engine block on a turn table.

To be completely honest, I'd leave the diecast model at home.

I have been to many, many car shows in my life and participated in quite a few as well. In my humble opinion, a nice car stands on its own and doesn't need "props".

A placard or display sign that explains details about the car, copies of original documents such as window stickers and build sheets or other relevant information is ok, as it helps the spectators understand more about a rare or unusual vehicle.

Just my opinion! :dunno:

Yes. I'll leave the die cast at home and only use this. I went out the other day and bought a frame. 3.99 at Walgreens. I printed this off the computer and this explains about my ride and about our cars. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375985187.605966.jpg

Yes. I'll leave the die cast at home and only use this. I went out the other day and bought a frame. 3.99 at Walgreens. I printed this off the computer and this explains about my ride and about our cars. View attachment 3100

I agree about the diecast; they are nice to have, but no reason to display with the car for the main reason that it may disappear.
Where did you find this to print off; I would like to do the same.
thanks

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back