Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Stock wheel finish peeling

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
Saturday, while installing my HID fog lamps, I noticed a couple of small peeled spots on my right front rim. I have stock '06 V wheels and had them straighted and polished back in March, '11 after purchase.

What is the "finish" on these rims... and has anyone had the same issue requiring some type of touch up or refinishing to correct the blemish? It's not highly noticeable, but it's there and shouldn't be. Tips and suggestions are appreciated!

The Black V's look awesome with chrome OEM wheels. You may want to contact L.A. Wheels and do an exchange--it's around $800.00 or so. That's one option!!:):)

Saturday, while installing my HID fog lamps, I noticed a couple of small peeled spots on my right front rim. I have stock '06 V wheels and had them straighted and polished back in March, '11 after purchase.

What is the "finish" on these rims... and has anyone had the same issue requiring some type of touch up or refinishing to correct the blemish? It's not highly noticeable, but it's there and shouldn't be. Tips and suggestions are appreciated!

The Black V's look awesome with chrome OEM wheels. You may want to contact L.A. Wheels and do an exchange--it's around $800.00 or so. That's one option!!:):)

I'd like to see a pic of a black V with the chromed stock wheels, if anyone has or can direct me to one.

Perchance the L.A. implies Lower Alabama versus Los Angeles? Certainly would be less shipping cost for me!

Go to this link of kbonita's garage pics:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=66

Website for L. A. Wheel is: www.lawheel.com

They will quote you on an exchange that will include shipping both ways. They send you the rims, you get them changed out and ship your old rims back in the boxes to them--shipping tags come with the shipment. Couldn't be easier, they are great to deal with!!

'gatorwilly' also has a set for sale here on the forum with tires. He is in Stuart, FL

I'd like to see a pic of a black V with the chromed stock wheels, if anyone has or can direct me to one.

Perchance the L.A. implies Lower Alabama versus Los Angeles? Certainly would be less shipping cost for me!

Thanks for the links, Cubby! Those are nice looking rims on kbonita's XLR! The L A Wheels outfit is solid by all appearances, and I've spoken with gatorwilly. A future project in the making for my V, hopefully. :cool:

i dont have a "V" but you can click on my photo and see what a black XLR with LA wheels look like. I did an exchange.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom