Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM Press Release sunvisor with Homelink?

ron6962

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR Platinum Edition
I have a 2007 XLR with the Lear Car2U transmitter in the sunvisor. Have tried everything from every source, and cannot get my garage door remote nor my gate remote to work with it. The gate remote is fixed code (dip switches) and the Marantec 4500 garage remote appears to be rolling code (no dip switches) but the motor unit does not have a "learn" button that appears to be required for programming the Car2U transmitter. Nothing works! My other car has a Homelink transmitter in the rear view mirror and it works A-OK.

So...I'm curious if it is possible to swap out the sunvisor and get one with a Homelink transmitter. Has anyone tried that? I found a 2004 sunvisor with Homelink, but want to make sure it is compatible with a 2007 before purchasing.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

The HomeLink-equipped visor should work. The only input required is 12vDC power. As long as the connectors are the same, it ought to be plug-and-play.

CCC :wave:

I had a problem with my visor vanity mirror doors on my '06 V and had them replaced by my dealer. When I attempted to "learn" my garage door it would never activate.... using the Homelink learn sequence, of course. I finally determined that '06 vanity's were no longer available and they had installed the '07 version which used the Lear Car 2 U system.

Apparently, the Lear system requires a separate module that links with certain devices... at a cost of around $40 in my specific case. I've resigned myself to using the clipped controller on my visor that is parked beside the visor controls. Yet another instance of some specific parts not being available when you attempt to duplicate your OEM.

Great info. I have a 2006 with a driver visor that is missing the plastic cover (black). I may try to mock up a cover rather than buying another visor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back