Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Taillights

kpg

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Black (no V yet)
When in brake light mode, my tail light has two dim "bulbs". Typically, when LED lights start to go bad, be it in a building exit sign or a car tail light, the entire unit needs to be replaced to correct the problem.

Is anyone aware of any other way to correct the type of problem I describe, short of replacing the entire unit? I've got nothing to lose by asking before I spend the $500+ for a new tail light assembly.

Thanks !!

Kevin

Ouch!

The units are not "serviceable", but are meant to be replaced entirely.

I'd do one of two things:

1. Try to open it up and repair it myself. Maybe there's a bad trace on a circuit board or something. If that failed (or if I broke it beyond all recognition), I'd

2. Ask Cadillac Tech for a new one - he usually gets us good prices on parts and such.

You aren't terribly far from me. I wouldn't mind helping with the "surgery" on the old one if you decide to go that route.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions on the tail light.

And to HOMEGAMEROOM, thanks for the offer of help, although after doing the research, I will likely avoid the aggrevation of trying to repair it and just replace the unit. (And I'll be posting another lamp related question regarding the high beams.)

I live not far at all from both you and Harrower. Maybe we can meet locally sometime.

Kevin

Thanks for the suggestions on the tail light.

And to HOMEGAMEROOM, thanks for the offer of help, although after doing the research, I will likely avoid the aggrevation of trying to repair it and just replace the unit. (And I'll be posting another lamp related question regarding the high beams.)

I live not far at all from both you and Harrower. Maybe we can meet locally sometime.

Kevin

Works for me - just let me know when and where!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom