Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Stay safe Florida friends

I know we have a lot of members in Florida - praying that you, your families, & your homes stay safe through Irma. :grouphug:

Just thought I'd post some pics. I live in st Augustine but not in the old historic Part. I'm not in a evacuation zone I'm in the area of white. Everything outside has been either packed Inside or in garage
22d0a6dbd29d35cecd8ec34ea5a5144b.png
8aac4183f8370eb4f63f3260621e31b4.png
232d5095dff446bb705fd1edc1b8b6a6.jpg
fcc273db2cfac6eae0a38a481bf0ef5b.jpg
times like this I wish my mom and I had a 2 car garage instead of the single car garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thought I'd post some pics. I live in st Augustine but not in the old historic Part. I'm not in a evacuation zone I'm in the area of white. Everything outside has been either packed Inside or in garage
22d0a6dbd29d35cecd8ec34ea5a5144b.png
8aac4183f8370eb4f63f3260621e31b4.png
232d5095dff446bb705fd1edc1b8b6a6.jpg
fcc273db2cfac6eae0a38a481bf0ef5b.jpg
times like this I wish my mom and I had a 2 car garage instead of the single car garage

Stay safe! Prayers for you all! [emoji1374]

Just thought I'd post some pics. I live in st Augustine but not in the old historic Part. I'm not in a evacuation zone I'm in the area of white. Everything outside has been either packed Inside or in garage times like this I wish my mom and I had a 2 car garage instead of the single car garage

Wow how fast things change. 5 days ago I thought your side on Fl was going to get beat up and our side (North Port/Port Charlotte) side was just going to to get a good blowing. Now it has all changed and our side is going to get a whooping. Our home is built to withstand Florida storms and has full hurricane shutters and doors and not officially on the flood zone...... but who knows? I am safe in Ontario Canada and what will be, will be. No one in Florida is going to be spared part of the storm so hunker down and hope for the best Hawkeye.

Wow how fast things change. 5 days ago I thought your side on Fl was going to get beat up and our side (North Port/Port Charlotte) side was just going to to get a good blowing. Now it has all changed and our side is going to get a whooping. Our home is built to withstand Florida storms and has full hurricane shutters and doors and not officially on the flood zone...... but who knows? I am safe in Ontario Canada and what will be, will be. No one in Florida is going to be spared part of the storm so hunker down and hope for the best Hawkeye.

I think the only part that MIGHT be safe is the fl/bama line
But I'll help by sending prayers to your home.

LIVE IRMA radar tracking,,,

Maps - MSN Weather
Live IRMA radar tracking...

Stay safe out there....

Jose is gone & Maria isn't here yet, so had a chance to enjoy a gorgeous, perfect temperature fall day with the top down. Enjoyed getting to listen to my iPod for the first time in the XLR. Those old speakers manage to sound pretty good! Plus had children running out of buildings to tell me "nice car," guy at a stop light asking me what model year, & a convertible Camaro giving an easy going chase (I even get some of that with my CTS coupe, wondering if anything close to that happens with current gen Caddies ...)

The other day I took mom to get a procedure done. So when I went to get the car and drive it around to the pick up point. Security officer came up and was surprised at how clean I kept mine. He said must be garage kept. I said yeper

Finally! After 2 solid weeks of constant rain/mist (thought maybe I'd been teleported to London), we have crystal clear blue skies, 75 degrees, & 0% rain forecast. Hitting the streets with the top down & working out my new stereo! :thumbsup Life is GOOD!

Finally! After 2 solid weeks of constant rain/mist (thought maybe I'd been teleported to London), we have crystal clear blue skies, 75 degrees, & 0% rain forecast. Hitting the streets with the top down & working out my new stereo! :thumbsup Life is GOOD!

Sorry to read it’s been ugly and rainy for you guys...... It’s been mild,sunny and beautiful up here low to mid 70’s in South Central Pennsylvania for about 2 weeks now.... I do see though Rain on Wednesday than temps dipping in mid/low 60’s. Had Roxy out topless today too ....got to 76 today [emoji41]

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine out all week/month. Top down driving mid 80’s but temps this week are dropping to mid 70’s cool evening with lows in the mid 50’s. We have lost our humidity here in northeast Florida

Today was a picture perfect day. Upper 60’s-low 70’s. Low humidity so I went to the bank and then got hungry. So I went down to tropical smoothie just down from the bank. Had lunch there and drove home. Great day for top down driving before
de98e9757f5e59f13206a4a2d1174fe6.jpg
the only bad thing was the guy decided to go smoke right next to my car.

Well sorry if I’m rubbing it in but here in north Florida it turned out to be near to mid 80’s. So I moved the xlr out and was going to put away some things that were on the floor and table areas. Decided to take advantage of the nice weather and drive the car around topdown. Then decided I would add some (non drivable) decorations to the car.
ae62df47a86d2e5b0c82c4d04dafda1f.jpg
74431749dd7e9548024fdfbdd5cff62f.jpg
5328998d92a7dfb4844afde34f5fe310.jpg
fc8c9f81ab93441934bd7a4df3e7085a.jpg
8853bc42c4b03f3a0468b8ee2512a050.jpg
. By the time I finished driving around,got everything put away and the car back in the garage. It just started to lightly ☔️. Boy can I time this weather or what.

Hawkeye,
Looks awesome and great timing. My Blue Baby is still at the spa :thumbsup The weather has been nice here in central Texas... so i have been missing running her with the top down. But i think the spa time will be worth it. :cool:

Happy driving,
Dave

64f47313c2be8d72d4cb4e3a78d77f17.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500H using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I was watching the news last night and looks like I’m getting out of town at the right time. My mom and I leave for a 2 wk cruise [emoji568] on dec 8th. We return just before Christmas [emoji319]. So looks like topdown driving will be coming to a end for awhile. I don’t know how cold it’ll get here. Hopefully the seas will be not so rough. I’m meeting friends from another ship on a island. ships have to use their tender boats to transport people back and forth from the island. Praying I’ll be able to meet up with them.

Well here in Florida (atleast north Florida) we are expecting a cold front to come in next week. So since I’m leaving for a 2 week cruise next week. So today I took advantage of the nice weather. Here are some pics of my outings
d86b9b5dd3bca93ff27fb66c59be0904.jpg
70f89bfb35803ffa1288d417e26af9a4.jpg
. Before I leave next week I’ll make sure to quench her thirst and put the tender on her.

Yesterday it was nice not to warm and not to cool. I had to go run and top up the gas tank so I dropped the top and ran to the station. The next thing I know is I’m 30 miles north enjoying the weather and the ride. Happened to run into another Xlr guy but was driving a srx. Read post in daily chat.
Today’s weather was total opposite. Cooler and gusty windy

Hope all our friends out in the Midwest flood region are safe and dry. Chad & Rogene are two I can think of - hope you are ok & nothing has floated away! The flooding out there sounds bad for all!

Our weather here has been swinging back & forth between 40 & 70. Today happens to be 70 & actually dry (usually in the winter warm = wet), so the V could get a run in despite summer tires. I took it for a long run with a few WOT’s, then Mike took it for a shorter run with more WOT’s. :naughty: Might have hit triple digits. :dunno: So it got a balanced work out today!

I’ve driven a fair number of cars, including different V’s, & the XLR-V still has the smoothest acceleration of all, whether you get on the throttle hard or easy. Fun! :)

Even though I was feeling a little under the weather these last couple weeks. I did however manage to take the X out. No top down though because it’s been really windy. This whole week is looking like nice weather
a77640e93bb35a83c36157b8250bd41a.jpg
. But kinda bummed since I’m not really up to any top down driving. Being that I’m not 100 percent well.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back