Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Time to change the batteries of your FOB transmitter.

IAN

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 silver XLR
Hi XLR owners

Good news.....tonight the clocks must be adjusted for the new season…..springtime is just around the snow banc.

It is also wise to change the batteries of your FOB transmitters, do you recall of doing so lately, do you recall the type of battery is required.

This winter i had to make the changes as i was un able to open the doors of my XLR, good luck that the second FOB was ok.

Enclosed are the necessary informations to replace the batteries.

IAN FOB transmetteur 1.jpgfob transmetteur 2.jpg

Hi XLR owners

Good news.....tonight the clocks must be adjusted for the new season…..springtime is just around the snow banc.

It is also wise to change the batteries of your FOB transmitters, do you recall of doing so lately, do you recall the type of battery is required.

This winter i had to make the changes as i was un able to open the doors of my XLR, good luck that the second FOB was ok.

Enclosed are the necessary informations to replace the batteries.

IANView attachment 8642View attachment 8643

Good idea, we had a warm 55 degree day back in January, went down to the Outback Caddy Shack and went to fire Roxy up and FOB didn’t work either,.... so it already has a fresh battery! But I keep spare batteries in the car console, one in trunk in a carry case and one in my wallet during driving season! When my wife is with me she always has her FOB in her purse too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have changed the batteries and found that taking the spare key out of the fob then insert back in, in fob 1/2 way, and twist GENTLY. that will pop open the fob. Look, before you do this, look at the seam you are about to pop so you can assist it to release. I used a knife to assist lift the lip over the rim. The battery goes in with the Positive towards the case as noted on the inside the case. The tricky part is reassembly, getting the case halves together, getting the tops with the Lip slightly over the rim on the top, and slide it, down while pressing the halves together. Be careful to get the "release button" into the correct position with the pin in the INSIDE the connector at the bottom. Good Luck!:thumbsup
Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a small slot about 1/2 way up the side on the case that you can put a small screwdriver in to assist the opening, instead of the knife.:)

I have changed the batteries and found that taking the spare key out of the fob then insert back in, in fob 1/2 way, and twist GENTLY. that will pop open the fob. Look, before you do this, look at the seam you are about to pop so you can assist it to release. I used a knife to assist lift the lip over the rim. The battery goes in with the Positive towards the case as noted on the inside the case. The tricky part is reassembly, getting the case halves together, getting the tops with the Lip slightly over the rim on the top, and slide it, down while pressing the halves together. Be careful to get the "release button" into the correct position with the pin in the INSIDE the connector at the bottom. Good Luck!:thumbsup
Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a small slot about 1/2 way up the side on the case that you can put a small screwdriver in to assist the opening, instead of the knife.:)

I believe your speaking of the remote on the right, most older XLR’s had the remote of left. I upgraded mine a few years ago for my 2005 with the 08 I believe it was a XLR or CTS-V which stores the key inside the FOB. If you search the forum here, I’m sure the info was in here about upgrading to the newer FOB, but to do this, it needs to be programmed at dealer to make it work, note only lock/ unlock and trunk buttons are the only ones that work for the XLR
6de62e01c62c4728bbb7dfc0a9148584.jpg

6a6aeddaa201c44998aca552f31d03d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the one on right. It can be programed by putting it in a receptacle located in the glove box and following instructions in owners manual. :wave:
BTW; I bought a spare on Ebay, several years ago, try it you might "get lucky" save the search.

Great…...that change will surely prevent the none confortable situations for many of us, including the elder peoples.

IAN

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back