Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tow Hooks and Black Bag

ChipD

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Alpine White Edition XLR
Good evening! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been reading and have realized that my XLR should have a black leather pouch with a set of tow hooks in the trunk floor compartment. It appears, that the previous owner discarded or kept them. I believe I have found the part numbers of 15234068 (hook) and 15869385 (bag). Was wondering if anyone had an extra set that they wanted to sell? Thanks!

​Curious to know,where your information came from. Also would like to know where the tow hooks mount on the XLR. I've owned two and neither had a tow hook package and pouch.

Good evening! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been reading and have realized that my XLR should have a black leather pouch with a set of tow hooks in the trunk floor compartment. It appears, that the previous owner discarded or kept them. I believe I have found the part numbers of 15234068 (hook) and 15869385 (bag). Was wondering if anyone had an extra set that they wanted to sell? Thanks!

Here is the diagram that lists them...

​Curious to know,where your information came from. Also would like to know where the tow hooks mount on the XLR. I've owned two and neither had a tow hook package and pouch.

Cubby-
Please see the diagram that I have attached. I first started seeing the bags on eBay, then I looked on GMpartsdirect.com. They are parts 18 and 19. IMG_1690.jpg

Tow hook

It may be an export model item. It looks to be the same hook as my CTS-V has, but I don't know where it would mount on the XLR. There is a spot on my CTS-V on the front bumper. I wouldn't worry about not having it, I'm sure there is nobody in the US that has this.

BTW, the hook was not standard with my CTS-V, I believe the previous owner purchased it to have for track events, in case he needed towed?

Cubby-
Please see the diagram that I have attached. I first started seeing the bags on eBay, then I looked on GMpartsdirect.com. They are parts 18 and 19. View attachment 5102

It may be an export model item. It looks to be the same hook as my CTS-V has, but I don't know where it would mount on the XLR. There is a spot on my CTS-V on the front bumper. I wouldn't worry about not having it, I'm sure there is nobody in the US that has this.

BTW, the hook was not standard with my CTS-V, I believe the previous owner purchased it to have for track events, in case he needed towed?

Cubby-

Sounds like a plan. Thank you for the insights! Take care!

Good news and bad news.

The good news is the tow hook part number is also used on the C7 Corvette. So GM will be sourcing the parts for quite some time.

$_57.JPG

The bad news is currently the part is on backorder across the nation. (Thank GOD I already have mine) Any Cadillac or Chevrolet dealership can place a special order for one, but won't be able to give you a delivery date. I suppose GM buys them in bulk once they have XX number of orders received.

Interesting info: it seems the different dealers have different pricing on the part which baffles me. I have quotes as low as $71 and as high as $181....strange. There is one right now on ebay, but I think he's insane if he thinks someone's gonna pay $200 for one. 2014 2015 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Genuine GM Front or Rear Tow Hook | eBay

Am I missing something?? It looks like a common forged eyebolt that should be available from a fastener / bolt retailer once the thread and length are known.

Am I missing something?? It looks like a common forged eyebolt that should be available from a fastener / bolt retailer once the thread and length are known.

M20 x 2 1/2

Gizmo,

Enlighten us where this screws in on the XLR. I have one for my CTS-V and know exactly where it goes, but haven't seen anywhere on the XLR. That is why I stated it was probably an export option in the earlier post. If you go to SMC performance, he has the tow hook mount, which is listed for the Corvette and XLR. But it looks as though it need to be welded to the frame or rear bumper. My car is still in storage, so I can't look right now, but have never seen a spot for the tow hook.

Good news and bad news.

The good news is the tow hook part number is also used on the C7 Corvette. So GM will be sourcing the parts for quite some time.

View attachment 5105

The bad news is currently the part is on backorder across the nation. (Thank GOD I already have mine) Any Cadillac or Chevrolet dealership can place a special order for one, but won't be able to give you a delivery date. I suppose GM buys them in bulk once they have XX number of orders received.

Interesting info: it seems the different dealers have different pricing on the part which baffles me. I have quotes as low as $71 and as high as $181....strange. There is one right now on ebay, but I think he's insane if he thinks someone's gonna pay $200 for one. 2014 2015 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Genuine GM Front or Rear Tow Hook | eBay

Gizmo,

Enlighten us where this screws in on the XLR. I have one for my CTS-V and know exactly where it goes, but haven't seen anywhere on the XLR. That is why I stated it was probably an export option in the earlier post. If you go to SMC performance, he has the tow hook mount, which is listed for the Corvette and XLR. But it looks as though it need to be welded to the frame or rear bumper. My car is still in storage, so I can't look right now, but have never seen a spot for the tow hook.

My 06 V didn't come with any tow hook mounts, so I had one fabbed for the front (there's plenty of places to wrap a strap on the rear and I wanted to finish my rear diffuser before I added yet another obstruction back there).

You're right the SMC one is designed to be welded on, but I can't find where they think that thing will fit, front or rear. :dunno:

Tow hook

I'm looking at parts pages and see a part number for hook and mounting bracket for the rear, 10438557 and 10302406, both numbers cover 2006 to 2009. Not sure about 04 and 05. And I do not see parts listed for front tow hook on any model years.

I'm looking at parts pages and see a part number for hook and mounting bracket for the rear, 10438557 and 10302406, both numbers cover 2006 to 2009. Not sure about 04 and 05. And I do not see parts listed for front tow hook on any model years.

I looked through the Index of the 4 Volume Service Manuals under 'H' and 'T' and there is no mention of Tow Hooks.

Most Industrial Fastener places carry forged eye bolts. It would be helpful to know the Metric thread size and length from Centre of the Eye.

I thought they were made for export only....the eyebolt(s) came in a pouch...
I may be wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tow hooks

They might have been standard or optional in the foreign market.:dunno: But they are available from USA GM parts distributors and sales. Look online and you should be able to find them listed in the section Body / Bumper and Components - Rear in one of the GM online sellers. I use PartsWholesaleDirect.com They are a wholesale web based dealer possibly linked to a GM dealer, everything I have received has been from a Chevy dealer in Florida. They have the lowest price and lowest shipping rates I have found.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom