Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tricks with our switches

MarkSki

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Grey XLR
CC you gave me some info :thumbsup about holding down the traction button for several seconds and that will also turn off the stability track system too. Great when you're going to autocross.

Are there any other tricks that we can do that are not listed in our owner's manual? I know when your raise the top up and you get the 'ding' that it's secure and you press the up button again it closes the windows.

Anything else?

:wave:

Well . . . do you know about the DVD unlock code for the early model year XLR's?

If your passenger needs to watch "Fast and Furious" while you're on a road trip together, eject the map DVD and insert your favorite flick. Press and hold the "note" switch above the volume knob. When a numeric display appears, enter 1791 and press Enter. Voila! You have movies with surround sound.

Time for some popcorn . . . :wave:

Theirs also the trick to change your navigation settings while driving on 04 and 05 models. I remember moneypit listing how to access it. It's acouple steps but makes the navigation more usable on the fly.

CC: Yes one the access code. Sandy told me about that a couple of years ago when I first got my XLR. I use that on long trips and mostly at night. Top Gun sounds good too.

Stlla: I belive you enter the same code as you do for the DVD, then you can look up POI's with out having to pull over and take it out of gear. If there's another trip please fill me in.

:wave:

:patriot: Happy and Safe 4th of July to everyone!! :patriot:

Well . . . do you know about the DVD unlock code for the early model year XLR's?

If your passenger needs to watch "Fast and Furious" while you're on a road trip together, eject the map DVD and insert your favorite flick. Press and hold the "note" switch above the volume knob. When a numeric display appears, enter 1791 and press Enter. Voila! You have movies with surround sound.

Time for some popcorn . . . :wave:

Here's some not so good news. I just bought a new nav dvd set and 1791 no longer works. As a matter of fact, the only time you can see the turn list is when you are stopped. If you are in the section where the turn list button is on the screen and you can press it and the list comes up, if you don't press the button and just leave the screen alone, once you hit 10mph the button turns white where you can not use it. The same for the whole route button.

UPDATE: The movies work, but all of the nav buttons do not above 10mph as they use to unless I'm not doing a second step besides entering 1791.

How do you get the screen up that allows you to get into other settings where you have to use your finger nail to press the return button under the clock/temp button?

I FOUND IT! I forgot about the hidden button! Everything works like a charm now.

It's going to be a GREAT 7500 mile trip around the USA, along Canada's border, to the Wrong Coast, then a right turn in Vermont to Orlando Florida, another right turn to Texas, then a final right turn to Oregon. Almost sounds like I'm driving a NASCAR only they just go LEFT!

Last edited:
Is there a different unlock number for DVD on newer models?

Here's some not so good news. I just bought a new nav dvd set and 1791 no longer works. As a matter of fact, the only time you can see the turn list is when you are stopped. If you are in the section where the turn list button is on the screen and you can press it and the list comes up, if you don't press the button and just leave the screen alone, once you hit 10mph the button turns white where you can not use it. The same for the whole route button.

UPDATE: The movies work, but all of the nav buttons do not above 10mph as they use to unless I'm not doing a second step besides entering 1791.

How do you get the screen up that allows you to get into other settings where you have to use your finger nail to press the return button under the clock/temp button?

I FOUND IT! I forgot about the hidden button! Everything works like a charm now.

It's going to be a GREAT 7500 mile trip around the USA, along Canada's border, to the Wrong Coast, then a right turn in Vermont to Orlando Florida, another right turn to Texas, then a final right turn to Oregon. Almost sounds like I'm driving a NASCAR only they just go LEFT!

You're going to make a thread and post trip pix, right? It will be cool to see your adventures and pix of your car all over the nation!

You're going to make a thread and post trip pix, right? It will be cool to see your adventures and pix of your car all over the nation!

Yes I am going to take many pictures and I'll set something/someplace up for all to be able to access.

BTW: Nice looking ALMOST an XLR in your avatr.

Yes I am going to take many pictures and I'll set something/someplace up for all to be able to access.

BTW: Nice looking ALMOST an XLR in your avatr.

I'll be watching. Sounds like an awesome trip!

:lol: About my almost XLR. I should have my actual XLR Wednesday or Thursday this week. I'm excited! :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom