Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trip to Madison, IN

HOMEGAMEROOM

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"
Well, to continue our original thread, we're all here in Madison, Indiana. We've had a GREAT day driving around and looking at this beautiful town. The weather has been great - in the high 60's and sunny. We've seen world-famous hard candy fish made (I think I should have gotten an employee discount), seen freighters come through the locks, shopped at EVERY chocolate store in town (Thanks, George!) and had a wonderful dinner at the Key West Shrimp House. THanks again to our WONDERFUL organizers, Bruce & Kathy (Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl). Our hotel is on a steep hill, so we're in the lobby drinking (well, SOME of us are!:lol:). We'll post pictures tomorrow.

Madison

Wish I were there with you. I spent sometime there about 12 or 13 years ago while I was doing research on my family and it was this time of year. If you cross the river and head east to Warsaw it is a beautiful drive along the river. Great antique mall in Maidson also if it is still there. Glad you are having a good time. First Robin

Well, to continue our original thread, we're all here in Madison, Indiana. We've had a GREAT day driving around and looking at this beautiful town. The weather has been great - in the high 60's and sunny. We've seen world-famous hard candy fish made (I think I should have gotten an employee discount), seen freighters come through the locks, shopped at EVERY chocolate store in town (Thanks, George!) and had a wonderful dinner at the Key West Shrimp House. THanks again to our WONDERFUL organizers, Bruce & Kathy (Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl). Our hotel is on a steep hill, so we're in the lobby drinking (well, SOME of us are!:lol:). We'll post pictures tomorrow.
Hahahahahaha .... I have been laughing for hours ... I was eating dinner in Disneyland ... got a voice mail from HOMEGROWN (now there's a story I'm waiting to hear about) ... and I could hear all of the Midwest Marauder's in the background having the time of their lives :beerchug: ..... and learned that yep, officially, I have lost my wings :squint: and have a new moniker ....
Hmmmmmm, just call me,
MADAM RA !!! (Now, I know there's NO smiley for this one :pat:)

Great friends,Great trip!!!!

Hi guys, we just got home. I know I have said it before, but what an awesome trip. First off, the town of Madison is very cool. It is a great place to visit,very historic with plenty of things to see. Our hotel was on a hill over looking the town and the Ohio river. We drove across the bridge into KY. and drove along the river to the Markland dam and locks. We saw barges going through the locks. We drove back across the dam and drove the IN. side back to Madison for dinner. The drive home today was really cool. The roads made for some great driving. Cathy Kinney let me drive her Barbie car and we led the pack. It was a BLAST!!! What a great group of people. As I have said in the past, we are so lucky to have such great friends. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bruce:)

Trip Pictures

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008077.jpg

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008087.jpg

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008126.jpg

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008301.jpg

Our Hotel

Bruce

We just got home from the Madison trip. Bruce and Kathy once again mapped us out a beatiful drive. We not only got to hang out with our old friends but we got the opportunity to meet some new friends. Madison is a beatiful town and the winding roads were fun. Don't worry Madam Ra you are not the only one has been given a new nickname thanks to the little woman. Thank you Bruce and Kathy for the wonderful drive and fun weekend. If anyone gets the chance to go to Madison for a road trip take it, you won't regret. Midwest Mauarders had fun.:laugh:

Another Great Midwest Trip

Wish I could have gotten pics while doing the twisties this morning heading home. With Bruce in the lead in Cathy's V and me behind, I had to push him to keep up with the little old lady in the Toyota Corolla in front of him:laugh::laugh::laugh:

As always Bruce & Kathy planned a great event and brought along some new friens to meet and dine, drink and drive the twisties with. The X's and V's kept up with thier cousins--2 C5's and a Z06. What a great weekend. I think someday Bruce is going to write a book about his life--It will be a Number 1 bestseller!!!!

RA, you would have loved it--so many little wineries, so little time:naughty::naughty:

Almost time to put the X away for it's winter nap:ugh::ugh: Will be thinking of all you west coasters and Fla sunshine owners riding top down and having fun. See you all in San Antonio!!!!

Cubby558:cool:

It really was a great trip over great roads! And Misty knew just what to do! Her little rear end would slip a little (occasionally) to go right where her nose was pointed! Thankfully, a certain Cadillac Tech put a sway bar on her butt before we went driving - I think it made a difference!

Bruce,

I don't see you or I in those photos--were we that far ahead of everyone:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As is always the case;Great pics by Photo Girl:worship::worship:

No Ticket in Kentucky

Hey Cubby, I sure am glad you got in and out of Kentucky with no ticket. I remember that lead foot of yours on the way to RIII. LOL First Robin:wave:

Cubby, here's a picture of me trying to catch the Toyota:lol:
FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008667.jpg

Flyboy Bob
FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008472.jpg

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008473.jpg

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008468.jpg

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008531.jpg

Checking the Net
FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008478.jpg

FalldrivetoMadisonIN2008485.jpg

Bruce

Yeah, look at Bruce multitasking - talking on the phone, using the PC, and drinking beer! :laugh:

here's some more pics: Forum members at the lock:
observation.jpg

Barge leaving lock:
lockleaving.jpg

Lock empty:
lockafter.jpg

Candy store:
candystore.jpg

My view with fog (there is a bridge in the middle):
foggyAMbridge.jpg

Our hilltop inn:
hillsidehotel.jpg

A nice garden fountain:
gardenfountain.jpg

Fair-Play fire house:
fairplayfirehouse.jpg

My aluminum foil spider mascot (from the origami guy at the bar the night before):
spidermascot.jpg

Lunch today:
Lunchdecor1.jpg

B&K & George at the FANTASTIC buffett! GREAT fried chicken!!!
buffett.jpg

Wall decor at lunch today:
lunchdecor2.jpg

An interesting bridge I went through today in Indiana:
tunnel.jpg

Hey Cubby, I sure am glad you got in and out of Kentucky with no ticket. I remember that lead foot of yours on the way to RIII. LOL First Robin:wave:

I was tame compared to last year's RII--we meet the Henderson County Sheriff that time.:dunno: With all the twisties we were on this weekend, we couldn't get over 120 but a couple of times. With the weather starting to change here, i only be speeding on the internet:lol::lol:

I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound, with no additional costs (and points) incurred. I was back uneventfully as well.

Great to see everyone again. What a blast. I'll upload a picture or two tomorrow.

Bob

The pictures are wonderful .... makes me miss you guys even more .... everyone looks so happy ... you always have so much fun together ... and always brings back the best memories of all of us in the bar at R3 ... :drink::grouphug: :drink:

Your hotel is really unique tucked up there into the hillside - the pictures tell a great story about your trip.
:)

Look what happened while we were out at the Pumpkin Patch with our littlest goblin today ....I got my wings back! And a new name .... I guess I am:

RA:angelMA (Madam Angel!)
(Thanks Bobby & Rob ... I was really missin' my wings!)

Here's a few pics from the Weekend. Thanks for letting us participate in your weekend. Great group of people and your XLR's are beautiful Cars. Hope to see everyone at another event.

Dave
C6R FAN

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

Great pics, Dave. It was great meeting you and Julie over the weekend, glad you made the trip. It's alway nice meeting new friend's on all these trips Bruce & Kathy plan. Hope you had as great a time as we did!!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back