Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk doesn't open

kenai

My XLR/V(s)
2004 crimson pearl
Hi All - i can hear electric noises/ whirring but the trunk doesn't open from dash or fob or under lid on back. Possible the trunk was closed manually last time or dog stepped on some button inside...thxs kenai

Used trunk key and it popped open; fob works now. Are trunks when open suppose to close manually or electrically?,,,thxs kenai

Last edited:
Hi All - i can hear electric noises/ whirring but the trunk doesn't open from dash or fob or under lid on back. Possible the trunk was closed manually last time or dog stepped on some button inside...thxs kenai

Try the key in the release at the back. Does the deck-lid try to lift when you push the button, it looks like it sort of swells up? If it does, then the latch has stuck. Usually, the key will release it if so. If not, is the roof up or down? BTW, whichever button you press (except the key) does the same thing. If you press the button on the fob after the motor has started, it stops straight away. You might want to do this if the latch has stuck as running the hydraulics without the deck-lid lifting is not a good idea.

Last edited:
If you are doing what it sounds like you're doing, STOP!!! - you are going to trash your car/trunk! If everything is working right, the trunk should go down electronically (push the button on the inner edge of the trunk deck on the right hand side) but if it's not working on its own there are special procedures to get it down manually. If you just force it like a "regular" trunk, you will soon be shelling out $$$$$ to fix it.

Used trunk key and it popped open; fob works now. Are trunks when open suppose to close manually or electrically?,,,thxs kenai

The trunk closes electrically ONLY. With the trunk open look up and see the push button to close it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom