Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Trunk lid not closing

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
Beautiful 65 degree day here in Pa for being the first week of February! So I opened garage doors and started Roxy up, left her run, moved around to operate the tranny a bit, but while recycling the top a few times the truck would close to finish its cycle, worked fine otherwise thou! Any ideas???

cbd134241eb547b0c321488ea1c904e4.jpg

6c0953aea8edeae77c51388b9d64b3d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confused trunk lid, huh? Happened to me couple of times since we had ours. Once, I just drove it for about a week without opening the trunk or opening the top back. Seemed to relearn by itself. Second time I had to get out my TECHII and do a relearn on the folding top. Fixed it right up

Confused trunk lid, huh? Happened to me couple of times since we had ours. Once, I just drove it for about a week without opening the trunk or opening the top back. Seemed to relearn by itself. Second time I had to get out my TECHII and do a relearn on the folding top. Fixed it right up

A few years ago, it was doing the same thing and it was into the shop for other reason, so I had them check it out and they did a relearn then, it still did it from time to time, even after that relearn! It just make me wonder if whatever makes the trunk release to retunn to close is slightly out of adjustment or just wearing out......who knows ..LOL

Dan, if it’s keeps going back to getting wonky you probably have a bad sensor/potentiometer. That’s what happened with our V — the trunk kept not closing at the end of the open cycle, we’d do a relearn with our Tech II, & all would be fine for a while. Then the “fix” lasted for shorter & shorter periods, so we finally went ahead & figured out which potentiometer was bad & replaced it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom