Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

UNAVAILABLE DISCONTINUED PARTS

I just looked at my lower grill between the cruise control radar. I knew I had some pieces missing but when I looked the other day I noticed a big void. I’m now in a dilemma. If available should I splurge and go for a mesh grill or just go for the replacement plastic. I was thinking if it’s not a whole lot should I go for the better one. I shouldn’t complain because I’ve had the car since 2012 and I only noticed one or 2 slots that were missing. But now it looks like this
5b74a0de1f22b48bb9b7148aedd2a4ba.jpg
kinda like she needs go to the dentist and get new teeth [emoji3103].
Well the main reason I’m asking now is because I’m registered for the Florida chapter xlr/allante group gathering in October. I want to fix all this before the show so she looks as new as she can be.
Any and all suggestions will be considered. ESP from the red xlr owners

The main reason I put it in this thread was because asking if it’s still available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at my lower grill between the cruise control radar. I knew I had some pieces missing but when I looked the other day I noticed a big void. I’m now in a dilemma. If available should I splurge and go for a mesh grill or just go for the replacement plastic. I was thinking if it’s not a whole lot should I go for the better one. I shouldn’t complain because I’ve had the car since 2012 and I only noticed one or 2 slots that were missing. But now it looks like this
5b74a0de1f22b48bb9b7148aedd2a4ba.jpg
kinda like she needs go to the dentist and get new teeth [emoji3103].
Well the main reason I’m asking now is because I’m registered for the Florida chapter xlr/allante group gathering in October. I want to fix all this before the show so she looks as new as she can be.
Any and all suggestions will be considered. ESP from the red xlr owners

part number 15247797 oem about 150 cost plus shipping form several sources online. The aftermarket wire mesh may not look good unless you have the upper v grille. Its also more expensive and may not work with your adaptive cruise.

That’s what I thought. And then I also thought would it clash with the upper. I’ve priced it out too. Ouch. But like I said it pretty lasted since 2006 until now unless one of the previous owners replaced it before the car was put into my hands

Has anyone tried Rock Auto they have alot of XLR Parts. To the persone that said go to your Cadillac Dealer, sometimes we can't because they are just as expensive as the guy with the inflamed price for the only part he thinks he has. I don't have a warranty anymore and am out of a job so it's hard to go to a dealership that charges you $125.00 just to diagnose your car.

DON’T FEEL SPECIAL - it’s not just XLR’s anymore

I did some checking around & verified this - GM is no longer making parts for 2013 Cadillac models. The two examples I know of are the SRX and Escalade. Not exactly low production speciality vehicles, but there’s still a new parts problem. That decision by GM is stunning to me.

I have sometimes felt like I made a dumb decision getting a XLR once the parts supply started drying up. Now I just feel dumb generally since the majority of the vehicles we own are GM products - although, that said, I don’t know what other manufacturers are doing.

I think they are only required to provide parts thru the warranty period so if its 5 years then 2013 would be discontinued unless items caryy over to 2014 or 2015 models. They want he cars to be disposable. Even thought a major portion of their profits come from parts sales and not new car sales as the Union wants you to think.

I was just down at my dealerships parts dept. I had to order the plastic piece that holds the seat adjustments in place. The North Carolina warehouse that my dealership uses only has a few of the drivers side pieces left. The passenger side ones and the visors are discontinued he said. We need to have someone purchase or find a way for these parts to be reproduced. The more I go down to my dealership the more I get worried [emoji848] that when will the day come that I’ll find out I no longer will be able to replace parts for my rare ride. Then I’ll just be driving home with a [emoji29][emoji26][emoji27][emoji33] face

I have found that some dealers are just ignoring the inquiry bulletin that is sent out from your dealership for XLR parts. Earlier this year I needed to replace 2 hydraulic struts for the trunk, parts guy stated that he had located 2 and was waiting for the corresponding dealerships to acknowledge the request. After 3 days he had not received a response, he then called the dealerships (2 different dealerships) directly and both stated that they did not have the parts in stock. Parts guy gave me the numbers of the dealerships and I called them directly. low and behold they are now in stock and available for purchase at an inflated price. After talking to the Parts manager and general manager at one dealership agreed to ship the part to my dealership at the correct price of $289.00. The other dealership was not that accommodating and would not ship it to my dealership and said that I could purchase it directly from them for $369.00 shipped. Now when I need a part and my dealership cannot locate a particular part, I call around and cross my fingers.

I was just down at my dealerships parts dept. I had to order the plastic piece that holds the seat adjustments in place. The North Carolina warehouse that my dealership uses only has a few of the drivers side pieces left. The passenger side ones and the visors are discontinued he said. We need to have someone purchase or find a way for these parts to be reproduced. The more I go down to my dealership the more I get worried [emoji848] that when will the day come that I’ll find out I no longer will be able to replace parts for my rare ride. Then I’ll just be driving home with a

Sadly, that day has come and gone for a LOT of the parts for our cars. Some parts are still around, if they share the C6 Corvette parts. In one case, the ECBM, also goes on the 2005-2008 Vette, is unobtanium.

Any dealer that has any xlr parts in stock is because of a special order. They would most likely already have been paid for one time to get he dealer to order them. Like right now 3 dealers show the top modules In stock but all are paid for and being held for someone on a special order. You may hit the dealer in 3-4 weeks and he will sell you the part if it has not been picked up by the person who ordered it. They will not ship it to another dealer because they only make like 5% of markup over list. Why would they when they can sell it for full retail and in some cases retail ++markup. I hope you did not buy the two back struts that hold the trunk up for that much .The very same item is built by two companies for GM and can be bought for around 40$ a pair. wit ha much better warranty than GM gives.

PARTS FOR 2204

Sadly, that day has come and gone for a LOT of the parts for our cars. Some parts are still around, if they share the C6 Corvette parts. In one case, the ECBM, also goes on the 2005-2008 Vette, is unobtanium.

There is a small yard in Southern Sweden that has a 2004 for parts. I understand the car was hit front right side, but obviously have many parts available.

As a new XLR owner it seems that a lot of the plastic parts that are no longer available from Cadillac could be reproduced by an enterprising person with a 3D printer. All you would need is a good part to scan. As for the headlight assembly same goes. 3D printers are also making parts from carbon fiber and metal. Any thoughts?

There are a number of post that pretty much say what I would have said. The other thing is that we don't have going for us is enough production cars and a continuing line to warrant after market production companies like other well known cars i.e. Jeep Rangler, Ford Mustang, Corvette, muscle cars of the 50's-70's. Even if an after market company were to start up, it wouldn't be business for long because a good majority of the XLR parts were provided by third party vendors. Down to the seat belt and seat belt fastener. I use to work for the GM flight department and when the industry shutdown in 2008, it affected several mom and pop business's that supplied small parts. Um just sayin.....

It's time we as XLR owners get together as ONE to confront Mary Barra, CEO of GM. As many of you are finding out we are not able to buy parts for our XLR'S. This happened when my car was only 8 years old, and I'm sure others have the same story. I just got off the phone with LaWanda at the GM executive office and was basically told in certain terms, SORRY..BULL****, I will not take sorry or no for an answer, an neither should you. My needed part is the famous Drivers Side Headlamp Assembly. There is one on ebay that a guy is very proud of, because he wants $5000.00 for it, and he is laughing about it, saying " I have the only OEM one in the world ". You may not be affected by this problem yet, but if you keep your XLR, you will. So I think now is the time we get together to fight this problem. If anyone has a solution to my problem, other than selling the car, I would love to hear from you. In any case I think we should get together as one to show her this is not an isolated case. Feel free to call me at 704-425-7654. Thank you for your time....... Jim Wagner 2008 Cadillac XLR Platinum.
Check with member PER HIND

My head hurts after reading all of the above. There are also multiple Modules and sensors no longer available. If I had to I would get Full size Caddy headlights of the era of similar shape and have them molded in.

The only problem with that is unless you are a skilled fabricator and do the work yourself the paint alone after installing would be about what used headlights are going for.people just need to stop paying the ridiculous prices being asked. Once you stop paying it , prices will drop.

The only problem with that is unless you are a skilled fabricator and do the work yourself the paint alone after installing would be about what used headlights are going for.people just need to stop paying the ridiculous prices being asked.

Once you stop paying it , prices will drop.

I agree,,,, Some owners have more money than brains,,sorry to say.

3rd brake lights were 4-500 used on ebay . way too much but thats the price. Then someone listed one for 799 it sold so now they all raised their prices to 799. i guess if you live in an area where if an led is out you dont pass inspection tben you pay the price.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom