Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Va. Beach/Outer Banks XLR Trip May 3-9, 2015

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, meeting some new folks & catching up with old ones! Safe travels to all. Remember we will have our welcome dinner at 7 p.m. at the Tap House Restaurant on the first floor of the hotel. If you think you might want or need our phone numbers for the trip down, PM me.

Fingers crossed it looks like we will have great weather all week - NC has been a little back & forth but right now only on Wed. is there much chance of rain.

And, to feel even better about our cars, our dealer Suttle Motors - who is hosting us for lunch Monday - told me our visit is "getting excitement with Cadillac built up"! Not bad given the sometimes critical commentary about our out-of-production cars! :blinzel:

We are there!

Rolled into Virginia Beach about 7:30 pm tonight, right before dark.

Hotel rooms are nice, parking garage has plenty of good-sized spaces.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of you tomorrow afternoon/evening!

Crimson Pearl
is waiting for company.

Attachments

• DSC01575.jpg
    DSC01575.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC01576.jpg
    DSC01576.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC01577.jpg
    DSC01577.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC01578.jpg
    DSC01578.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC01579.jpg
    DSC01579.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 271
Wanted to let everyone know that Wendy & I have arrived safely at Myrtle Beach South Carolina about 7 o'clock last evening! We are staying at a nice Hampton Inn, but when we went to our room smelled like mold (being in the business we smelled as soon as we walked in the room) and when Wendy open the dresser she said I'm not put my clothes in there, we picked up the phone call down to the front desk, they upgraded us to king bed suite! All is good! We will see you all Thursday evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Rolled into Virginia Beach about 7:30 pm tonight, right before dark.

Hotel rooms are nice, parking garage has plenty of good-sized spaces.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of you tomorrow afternoon/evening!

Crimson Pearl
is waiting for company.

Glad things are looking good & that you made your own XLR parking space! ;) You beat us to marking off spaces as the hotel wanted to wait until around check out time today to do that. It'll be taken care of shortly!

Wanted to let everyone know that Wendy & I have arrived safely at Myrtle Beach South Carolina about 7 o'clock last evening! We are staying at a nice Hampton Inn, but when we went to our room smelled like mold (being in the business we smelled as soon as we walked in the room) and when Wendy open the dresser she said I'm not put my clothes in there, we picked up the phone call down to the front desk, they upgraded us to king bed suite! All is good! We will see you all Thursday evening!
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Happy anniversary to you guys & we look forward to seeing you in a few days!

Sunday morning at Virginia Beach

Rather abrupt wake-up call this morning about 0815. Alarm in room to evacuate the hotel. Our room is very close to the parking deck, so we went out there to check on what's really important ....... Crimson Pearl!

Evidently it was a false alarm.

Of course I had my key fob just in case Crimson Pearl had to be evacuated!

Otherwise, beautiful day here at Va. Beach, forecast high of 81 degrees today.

Attachments

• DSC01580.jpg
    DSC01580.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC01581.jpg
    DSC01581.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC01582.jpg
    DSC01582.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC01583.jpg
    DSC01583.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC01584.jpg
    DSC01584.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 274
Ready for arrival! :blinzel: And we just passed Crimson Pearl & honked but we're in the truck so don't think he recognized us ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 279
And then along came Jones.......

Ready for arrival! :blinzel: And we just passed Crimson Pearl & honked but we're in the truck so don't think he recognized us ....

Sorry I missed you!

But when we got back to the parking garage, we saw your handiwork!

Attachments

• DSC01585.jpg
    DSC01585.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC01586.jpg
    DSC01586.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC01587.jpg
    DSC01587.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 273
Great pics. Wish I was there but hopefully you and Daniel (and the rest Ofthe gang) will post lots of pics.

On the bay bridge now, should be there about 30 min

Some scenes from our welcome dinner (outside next to the beach) ... A beautiful day & a beautiful row of XLR's at the Mariner's Museum ... Another shot from the welcome dinner ... Lunch at Suttle Motors. Had several local owners join us for lunch & one caravanned with us back to the beach.

Cubby keeps thanking us & mentioning having a room with a view of a nude beach. :dunno:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 277
Most interesting XLR owner......

Suttle Motors, the Cadillac dealer for Victor-V and XLRating, hosted our group for lunch yesterday. We had a nice selection of deli sandwiches, chips and cookies from Jason's Deli. Since the weather was so nice they had tables and chairs setup outside in the shade. Some of us had our cars washed and detailed. Crimson Pearl was nice and shiny when she left Suttle Motors.

It was while we were at Suttle Motors that we met Miss Jean, the owner of a black XLR. She is definitely a sporty "Senior Citizen". Here's a phpto of Alexis, Miss Jean and her XLR. Check out the license plate!

Also, we took photos of the cars on the boardwalk here at Virginia Beach. This photo was shot from the parking deck. Chicago Dave was on the ground to take photos of Mike and Amy with their cars.

Attachments

• DSC01597.jpg
    DSC01597.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC01598.jpg
    DSC01598.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 265
Our dealer put a photo of some of our cars & our group on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suttle-Motor-Corporation/173898022698465

We really appreciate Nauticus, the City of Norfolk, and the City of Virginia Beach for letting us have some unique photo opportunities. Ken/Crimson Pearl talked the group sales manager of Nauticus into sitting in my car for a picture. She really had fun with that!

Off to Kitty Hawk/Outer Banks tomorrow!

The Battleship Wisconsin

Here's a couple of photos of the XLRs in front of the Battleship Wisconsin.

We had our own personal guided tour!

We have gotten a great reception here. Everywhere we go, people come to look at and ask about the cars!

Attachments

• DSC01608.jpg
    DSC01608.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC01609.jpg
    DSC01609.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC01610.jpg
    DSC01610.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Lunck at the Outer Banks

Left Va. Beach this morning to head down to the Outer Banks. Nice scenic drive with all the XLRs in a line.

Arrived in Kitty Hawk in time to have lunch at Hurricane Moes.

Attachments

• DSC01620.jpg
    DSC01620.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 274
Left Va. Beach this morning to head down to the Outer Banks. Nice scenic drive with all the XLRs in a line.

Arrived in Kitty Hawk in time to have lunch at Hurricane Moes.

See you all tomorrow evening! Had nice weather now here in Myrtle Beach all week since we arrived, calling for showers tomorrow........ timed that just right!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Some beautiful views in NC of both our XLR's in the lot & of the ocean. Weather is still holding up...we'll have a couple more members joining up with us tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 280
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 261
First picture: what a few XLR's look like from the top of a lighthouse. Second: annnddd they're off!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 252

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!