Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wanted, Right Rear TailLight

PLH

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Excaliber
I need a good working right rear taillight. I am going to have mine fixed but would like to have a spare if I keep this car.

These things are sooooo hard to find. I just drove my base 2005 (knew I had a few LED's out) and noticed the Rt turn signal flashing fast. Checked the front bulb and it is fine ... the back tail light has ALL of the inside LED's out ... only the outside line of LED's are working. So that is probably why its flashing fast. I too, am going to get mine repaired (had replaced the left side about 5 years ago - still have the bad one). I think REPAIRING these are the only way to go now (replacements are going for $2,000 to $4,000 each). I have two XLR's in my garage ... hard to believe that I have up to $16,000 worth of tail lights sitting there. Almost makes it worth it to just buy a high mileage 2004 or 2005, just for "parts". Its pretty scary. Good luck on your search (I just found one with only (1) LED bad - for $1,4,00 on EBAY. Better than my current one... and now I have a complete SET (to get fully repaired) for either XLR I have. :)
I need a good working right rear taillight. I am going to have mine fixed but would like to have a spare if I keep this car.

These things are sooooo hard to find. I just drove my base 2005 (knew I had a few LED's out) and noticed the Rt turn signal flashing fast. Checked the front bulb and it is fine ... the back tail light has ALL of the inside LED's out ... only the outside line of LED's are working. So that is probably why its flashing fast. I too, am going to get mine repaired (had replaced the left side about 5 years ago - still have the bad one). I think REPAIRING these are the only way to go now (replacements are going for $2,000 to $4,000 each). I have two XLR's in my garage ... hard to believe that I have up to $16,000 worth of tail lights sitting there. Almost makes it worth it to just buy a high mileage 2004 or 2005, just for "parts". Its pretty scary. Good luck on your search (I just found one with only (1) LED bad - for $1,4,00 on EBAY. Better than my current one... and now I have a complete SET (to get fully repaired) for either XLR I have. :)

What’s really sad!!!! Is our XLR Cars are worth more in parts then what they are to sell the whole car ( just shaking my head!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey

.....................and that is the way that the Allante went. People began buying them as they are worth more in parts than as a whole car (depending on condition)

Bill

It is a shame that we are held up by lights and maybe other parts on this fine car. I really like ours and my wife likes it also but I am not sure what we will do with it when we get it all fixed up

PLH, There was a posting not too long ago that showed pictures of a tail light an individual made. It's the same shape of the original tail light but the guts are different. If you go on the hunt you may find the postings. I don't know if that individual will make more but it's a good place to start.
John F.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back