Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

WANTED: XLR High Mounted Brake Lamp. GM part#s 25905631 with 10334204.

Sunshine1

I have a 2005 XLR and need the 3rd brake lamp that is in good condition without cracks in the lens. Oh! and the LEDS should be in working order. Thanks for any assistance.

I have a 2005 XLR and need the 3rd brake lamp that is in good condition without cracks in the lens. Oh! and the LEDS should be in working order. Thanks for any assistance.

Tall order...

The lens was never available by itself....and the lamp has been discontinued by GM.

Common problem is to have some LEDs die. If some have died...more are coming.

The lamps can be repaired with all new LEDs on the original OEM circuit boards. One year warranty. It does require that you ship your lamp to us for rebuild. We just need the lamp for one day.

Broken mounts can be fixed.

A broken / damaged / cracked lens cannot be fixed.

The lens does not come off. Please don't try. That said I do have a extra lens on some tooling here. It does have a hairline crack but it may be better then no lens at all.

We do have a website for third brake lights. See below.

[url]www.ledfix.com

[/URL]

Last edited:
Cadillac XLR high mount lamp

Thanks for the input. My LEDS work fine, but the lens has 3 or 4 small cracks that I have epoxied. So I'm checking on line for a complete replacement including salvage yards. Didn't realize the parts problem when I bought the car.

Still looking!!!

Go on "zoomthelist" it's a CL search engine. I was on it last week their is a guy in Florida I believe has the whole back half of a black xlr he's parting out. He has the brake lights and third brake light for sale. I think he said he would ship too.

third brake light

i just picked up this brake light from my
gm dealer today.
i ordered it a few months ago but was unable to pick it up until today $124.00
a big reduction in cost from what they were going for six months ago.

not that i need the light yet but when i heard they might be discontinued i decided to get one while the getting was good !

Last edited:
Does the Emblem come off so you can re-use it from the old lamp?

Or is it glued on?

Thanks.

Everywhere I looked to order it they sold them as seperate parts. Is there a newer single part number that replaces these 2 parts listed in the OP?

third brake light

the one i received from GM...made in china...has a GM# 25905631.

it has both emblems attached ready for install.

third brake light

Awesome. Thanks!

i also have another used third brake light that has a hole in lens approximately a 1" diameter
probably can be repaired by getting a piece of red plastic lens from another lens and gluing it into the hole
just a thought.....if it didn't already get thrown out

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back