Not open for further replies.
Hi Bruce,

How about mine?
2006 Star Black #165/250
Limited Edition XLR
Vin 1G6YV36A865600429

WB6BBZ@JUNO.COM

Thank you Bruce, got it.

I would greatly appreciate the information regarding previous warranty repairs made to my car. When the dealer looked up the car he said a lot of work had been done, and the car is still covered for a few more weeks by the GM Certified warranty. I am really interested in what has been done. The dealer said they cannot tell me because of privacy laws. :)

My vin#55603578, my e-mail is brweirich@comcast.net

Thank You,

Bruce W.

Well - I'd be interested to see CT's response to this .... mine would be BS! Of course they don't want you to know the history of your repairs ... but you can certainly get them. When CT printed mine out you'd think it was a phone book for a small town. The early models had lots of problems - that's no secret :squint:

I would greatly appreciate the information regarding previous warranty repairs made to my car. When the dealer looked up the car he said a lot of work had been done, and the car is still covered for a few more weeks by the GM Certified warranty. I am really interested in what has been done. The dealer said they cannot tell me because of privacy laws. :)

Thank You,

Bruce W.

You need to contact Cadillac Customer Relations, I think your dealer needs some lessons in how to treat a customer. Privacy laws has nothing to do with what warranty repairs have been made on your XLR, you own the car and the repair history is part of the car. You can also contact your district/regional Cadillac Rep.

I bought my 06 in August of 09, with 5 months left on the original factory warrantee. The dealer gave me a print out of the entire history of the cars service record.
I agree, you should call a Cadillac rep.

The most interesting part of this situation is that the dealer really wants my business. They even replaced both headlights under the GM warranty (pitted frosted DRL lenses) without any problems at all. I simply drove the car to the dealer shortly after purchase in order to get as much history data as I could... I wasn't even thinking about the replacement of the headlights after reading all of the posts regarding the issue. I didn't even know the car was still in certified GM extended warranty. My local dealer had never seen the car before. I purchased the car and had it shipped from Kansas to Illinois.

Thank You,

Bruce W.

Your info has been sent.

Bruce, if you could run mine I would aprreciate that.
1G6YV36A375600100
Thanks Ron
mongo138@hotmail.com

Bruce's Internet is out right now from all the storms this area has had. You might want to send him a pm incase this thread gets buried before he gets Internet again.

It's super of you to do this for folks. I'd like the info

Thanks a bunch,

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC