Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wasaga Beach Corvette & XLR Car Show!

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Y'all want to go to an Ontario (Canada) car show on Saturday August 17th? It is actually a Corvette show but I have wangled permission for the XLR's to come. If we can get a half dozen cars there it can pave the way for the future!
Steve & I own a 67 Corvette and we often attend the annual Beach Cruise Corvette show in Wasaga Beach that is hosted by the Wasaga Beach Corvette Club. Wasaga Beach is the worlds longest fresh water beach in the world, it is located 2 1/2 hours from Niagara Falls and the Rainbow Bridge. This show takes place right in the middle of the summer on Saturday August 17th along Beach Rd. If you Google map it and drop the little man on Beach Rd you will see that unfortunatley the Google camera car went thru there in the early fall on a stormy looking early weekday morning; but trust me on August 18th the beach will be crawling with people: right in the middlle of bikini and board shorts season! :wave:

Anyway, I contacted the Wasaga Beach Corvette Club and pleaded our case: ......we are kissin' cousins :love: being the only other car ever built in Bowling Green, MAM Funfest complete w/our own XLR car corral, the Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club car show...you know, basicaly name dropped etc and we have received permission to attend the show. There will be no judging class for us and you MUST PRE-REGISTER in order to gain entrance and they will reserve a spot for us.

Registration is only $20.00, you can register online or print and mail. Please add XLR in the spot they want your plate number, then write your plate number. You will receive an email from the head of registration to print and bring with you to gain access.

I like this show because it is at Wasaga Beach, a great place to visit with lots to see and do and plenty of spectators! :cool: Click this link: Beach Cruize - Wasaga Beach Corvette Club If you want to make a full weekend of it there are lots of hotels and beach house rentals, but we plan to driveeup and back.

Let me know if you want to attend, although the registrar will be tracking us, she asked that I also keep track of attendes. We can meet at our home (about 1 hr from Rainbow) and drive up together, Steve will be driving his 67 and me in my XLR! :cool:

Car show at the worlds longest fresh water beach in the middle of bikini season: what more could you ask?

SERIOUSLY.....just two XLR's? :dunno: (myself & jpstorer) Is there no one in upstate New York that wants to go for a nice drive for a car show we are welcome to attend? We only have a few local Ontario local members and are mostly busy, weddings etc......:rolleyes:

Maybe granddaddy aka roxy aka Daniel will drive up. He is closer then I am. I would love to get together with you all but that's to close to the time that ill be planing and packing for my (ship) cruise. But maybe next year. I still want to get up to the falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...........and then there were THREE!
Just got word that a third XLR is going to the show at Wasaga Beach on August 17th: now I have my 09 red, an 05 Black and now a 07 Silver V! We should look good together!
..............there is room for plenty more :blinzel:

...........and then there were THREE!
Just got word that a third XLR is going to the show at Wasaga Beach on August 17th: now I have my 09 red, an 05 Black and now a 07 Silver V! We should look good together!
..............there is room for plenty more :blinzel:
Sandy
I know I can not come just curious how far away! What the show address??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Sandy
I know I can not come just curious how far away! What the show address??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Wasaga Beach Ontario, if you Google Map: 31 Beach Drive, Wasaga Beach Ontario that it takes you near where the event actually is. Switch satellite vies and zoom in, it is held in that huge parking lot behind that location as well as all along the beach strip in the angled parking. You must preregister to park on the strip but the majority of the cars park in that lot. We actually prefer to park in that lot as the cars stay cleaner (dust and fine grit from the sand/traffic at the beach) Plus the true car enthusiasts wander thru the lot etc. That is also where the registration and prize tables are etc. They will be reserving an area in the big lot for us apparently.

If you come up on Friday afternoon you can stay overnight at our place: we have an adequate guest suite. :blinzel: We are leaving early Saturday morning for the show. If I remember correctly, you are in or not far from Gettysberg? That is 7 hours to our place, Wasaga Beach is another 2 but it is a beautiful drive for sure! Then you can stay Saturday night again then head back Sunday! :cool:

Wasaga Beach Show

Absolutely gorgeous day for a 2 1/2 hour drive to Wasaga Beach today: hey who is that in my mirror? 20130817_092029.jpg

Steve lead the way with his 67 Corvette:we stopped at McDonald's: AKA Leak-Donalds for a fast pitstop and we all fit nicely into one RV spot!20130817_162146.jpg The silver 07- V is a friends, it is actually for sale. (He is not an enthusiast, just an owner, had a silver 04 for about 3 years, bought the V after I got my beauty, time to move on....)
When we arrived at the beach, Kevin, AKA Hollywood, had arrived before us, acually the night before in his 07 Passion Red. The Corvette club saved us some prime spots on the beach stripDSCF5009.jpgon one hand Good: that is where all the action is,DSCF5015.jpgbut also Bad as the general public are around the cars allot: they dont know enough to not touch! One chick even leaned her butt against my car for a photo shoot, at least she had soft shorts on. I kind of snapped on a group of men, I lost it after the one guy had touched the car three times, then they were both reaching in etc. SNAP.... :rocket: I kind of jumped out of my seat and yelled "HEY, dont touch the bloody cars"....these guys were in their 50's, I think their balls inverted: they took off rather sheepishly. Steve laughed, said I was kind of harsh. I reminded him how he has reacted when it has been his car.....DSCF5022.jpg:chuckle

Should've made do not touch signs. That's what I did for the show I attended but there's always one person that doesn't read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice little caravan. Congrats on getting the Corvette club to recognize our cars too.
Bruce

Great pictures Sandy, thanks for sharing! It looks like it was a nice show. The cars look good together.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom