Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What was the most stuff you have ever packed into your XLR trunk.

Treasureroom

I just took my 2006 on a 1200 mile relocation cruise from NJ to Ft Lauderdale. Let me tell you that my butt was sore for two days after that ride… not the most comfy seats for a 20 hour car ride. </SPAN></SPAN>

Anyway. Check out the pics below. I had the following in my trunk:</SPAN>
The divider so you can put the roof down
Large safe (big enough to hold 5 loafs of bread)</SPAN>
Men’s mountain bike (dissembled)</SPAN>
3 shelf plant stand (dissembled)</SPAN>
2 carry on suitcases</SPAN>
A computer backpack</SPAN>
A jewelry box</SPAN>
A cactus</SPAN>
All my wifes bathroom supplies (these were tucked in nooks and crannys around the bike frame)</SPAN>
A pair of work boots</SPAN>
Wii game system with about 12 games (inside the safe for travel)</SPAN>
Full size DVD player</SPAN>
Roll up sun visor. </SPAN>
And 1 bottle of every major car fluid:brake, tranny, oil, antifreeze, power steering…incase of a brakedown on RT95S.</SPAN>

Some of the above list is not shown in the picture. Since I did not want to damage the trunk, I took extreme care to give it the proper clearance for all the mechanisms and the trunk lid. </SPAN>

Attachments

• 03072013988.jpg
    03072013988.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 439
That doesn't look like much, compared with the way Tiffany's Dad loads his trunk on our Midwest group trips! :laugh: We'll have to see if he posts a pic of his 'filled up' trunk from one of our trips. :lol::lol:

As far as the seats, I've never had a problem with them comfort wise, perhaps you need to adjust the lumbar support.:dunno:

Congrats on your move to a warm climate, I'm jealous!!

Not the back of the seats, the part you sit on does not have enough padding for a 20 hour drive.
I made the drive plenty of times in a Lincoln town car, a olds cutlass ciera (with a cloth bench seat), and a ford windstar minivan.
I never had the sore ass afterwords.

Although I dont remember everything in mine, it was filled with suitcases and plenty more. I did my trip from Mayport, FL to Anoka, MN. Right at a 24 hour straight drive, so I feel your pain on the long drive in those seats. The car never missed a beat though and I never had any issues except one time at a pump. I opened my trunk to get some cleaners to clean my front bumper off from all the bugs, and when it closed, the mechanism closed on a can of tire shine. The trunk closed crooked and worried the hell out of me, but I opened it up and moved some stuff around and it closed with no problem. Thank god a $5 dollar can didnt cost me hundreds!!
I will be doing the power cruise in 2014 in my xlr, and I cant wait.

I wish the bottom was more comfy too but also wish they was longer towards your knees for me anyways they seem to be to short! But may be that just me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

During the gumball 3000 I had a 26" roller bag... a 22" roller bag... a duffel bag... a helmet... a fire extinguisher .. a tool kit... and jumper cables...

there was not a cubic inch left in the trunk - I wish I took a photo... I was stunned how much I could cram in there.

Packed Trunk

Mid 60's, Mom, Dad, me and my 3 siblings in the Electra 225 making the twice a year trip from Ohio to NJ and back on the partially completed I-80. I learned how to pack a trunk plus on the return trip squeeze in a case of Italian Plum Tomatoes and whatever else my mother thought she couldn't find in Ohio. Fast forward 43 years and I filled the XLR trunk and found I could get a lot in it when I went to Maryland to help my daughter move to her renovated house. Full suitcase, computer case with lots of work papers, a Parks toolbox, Belt sander in case, Electric drill, electric saw in case, levels, towels and finally a wash bucket with towel and chamois and other cleaning stuff. And there was still room available! Nothing in the car except for CD's and a water bottle - I like a neat interior. One thing I did find was that the airflow over the mufflers must be poor as I was surprised at how warm the floor of the trunk was when I pulled everything out upon arrival. I would have had cooked tomato sauce if I had to bring back cans!

I just took my 2006 on a 1200 mile relocation cruise from NJ to Ft Lauderdale. Let me tell you that my butt was sore for two days after that ride… not the most comfy seats for a 20 hour car ride.

Anyway. Check out the pics below. I had the following in my trunk:
The divider so you can put the roof down
Large safe (big enough to hold 5 loafs of bread)
Men’s mountain bike (dissembled)
3 shelf plant stand (dissembled)
2 carry on suitcases
A computer backpack
A jewelry box
A cactus
All my wifes bathroom supplies (these were tucked in nooks and crannys around the bike frame)
A pair of work boots
Wii game system with about 12 games (inside the safe for travel)
Full size DVD player
Roll up sun visor.
And 1 bottle of every major car fluid:brake, tranny, oil, antifreeze, power steering…incase of a brakedown on RT95S.

Some of the above list is not shown in the picture. Since I did not want to damage the trunk, I took extreme care to give it the proper clearance for all the mechanisms and the trunk lid.

Doees not even look full! Where are the bikes rims?

I wish the bottom was more comfy too but also wish they was longer towards your knees for me anyways they seem to be to short! But may be that just me.....

I think as we get older our 'personal padding' starts to break down too. Lots of things are not as comfy as they were in our youth! :lol:

:pat:
That doesn't look like much, compared with the way Tiffany's Dad loads his trunk on our Midwest group trips! :laugh: We'll have to see if he posts a pic of his 'filled up' trunk from one of our trips. :lol::lol:

As far as the seats, I've never had a problem with them comfort wise, perhaps you need to adjust the lumbar support.:dunno:

Congrats on your move to a warm climate, I'm jealous!!

In 'the good ol' day's of the Rendezvous of the XLR's - we traveled from San Diego to the Corvette factory in KY .... It would take Ray 2 days to pack for our 2 week trips. Of course, besides of all of our travel needs, Lola had her own makeup kit. I have to agree with you though Cubby ..... no one could pack a trunk like Marc .... We would travel btw 8-12 hrs for 3-4 days .... We never found the car to be uncomfortable ... As the co-pilot it got a little tiring with my purse, our travel bag and the computer on the floor btw my feet .... :pat:

Wendy always makes me pack the trunk because if the back end is to high it catches the the inner trunk lid that come back when the tops up I have to laugh see always says you never get all that in there! La wa it's all about the way you pack it !!!!

I have to agree with previous posters that Marc's XLR trunk on Midwest excursions falls in the category of if anyone needs anything it's probably in there somewhere. My only question is when was the last time (if ever) that it was unpacked:confused:.

I had to remove the tires from the bike rims. They are in the back left. I had to take apart the seat and handlebars too. I can assure you the trunk was completely full. I just did not take any pictures of the trunk after it was full. There were two carry on suitcases ontop of the stuff you see in the picture. It would have been more impressive if I put all of the stuff that came out of the trunk in a pile and took a picture of that.

Frank Morris, Clarence Anglin and his brother John... wanted to drive with the top down so had to leave Jimmy H behind, so he probably still out there voting for the Democrats.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom