Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Where Did Everyone Go?

ECurtis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004, Xenon Blue XLR
It seems like it is just the die hard members who visit the site anymore. Where did eveyone else go? Did they sell their XLR's and move on (I doubt it). Did they go to twitter or facebook and not tell the rest of us?

Where have all the members gone? :dunno:

It seems like it is just the die hard members who visit the site anymore. Where did eveyone else go? Did they sell their XLR's and move on (I doubt it). Did they go to twitter or facebook and not tell the rest of us?

Where have all the members gone? :dunno:

Us DIE HARDS WILL NEVER GIVE UP OUR BABIES!
That is unless we upgrade to a N"EWER XLR!" LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Less participation

When I first got my XLR I used this site and the other one frequently to seek advise for the myriad of problems my XLR had in the early days. Rarely did I go more than a month with out seeking advise here or at the dealership for one problem or another. Fortunately after fixing the infantile problems the car has become more and more reliable, hence fewer postings. Also I believe many of the original owners have sold. I still check the site daily but seldom post and I see the same for many of the other early buyers. It is hard to believe but mine will have rolled off the assembly line 10 years ago this November. The only other car I have kept this long was my 84 Corvette, I kept it for 11 years and plan to keep the XLR at least that long.

The only other car I have kept this long was my 84 Corvette, I kept it for 11 years and plan to keep the XLR at least that long.

Much like my 66 GTO, 76 El Camino, 77 FXE-1200 and 89 Cameo, I plan to keep my XLR until I can no longer drive it.

I believe that there are folks here who will probably keep their XLRs as long as I do. But I know that there are those who will sell or trade them when something else appeals to them more. Also those here that will keep them only until they start having serious problems with them.

Interesting, there are a lot of people who view, but still very few members on the forum. I wonder why. It seems like anyone who would come in to view the site would become a member. Membership is not only for those who have XLR's, but for anyone who is an XLR enthusiast. It is hard to tell if there are few members because the car is no longer in production or if it is because former members have sold their cars. Even if owners are second generation owners (like me) I don't see why they are not on here. This site is not only to answer questions of how to work out the bugs, but it is a site where people can socialize with other great individuals who happen to own a great piece of engineering. :wave:

I'm still a member, and visit almost daily but free time is precious. So unless I am very hard over on an opinion, or have some unique insight to the problem I don't post too often.
I do enjoy the forum, and the wealth of information available here, definitely my first resource for difficult questions.
Bruce

I'm still a member, and visit almost daily but free time is precious. So unless I am very hard over on an opinion, or have some unique insight to the problem I don't post too often.
I do enjoy the forum, and the wealth of information available here, definitely my first resource for difficult questions.
Bruce

yup.gif

Geezs guys really?:dunno: On TV early this week the new Oakland bridge Bay opened which on hand were plenty of vintage cars (mainly convertibles) of practically from every decade, but I saw NO XLRs.:pat: Heck, they had several Tesla's:love: and even Prisa's :eek: rolling down the hwy. I would've expected at least a XLR sporting a city offical or dignitary in the passenger seat.:( Oh well, did (we) miss a great opportunity or what for the history books.:confused:

I still visit the site .... although, yes, I have decided to sell Lola .... It's just hard to know exactly how to go about it ... I don't want Looky-Lou's or to consign it as I don't want her accidently scratched or maybe driven by some maniac during a test run. I have made more than a few life-long friends on this site, as well as from another one that banned me a few years ago :reddevil ... haha .... I love my time with forum members .... :)

When I first got my XLR I used this site and the other one frequently to seek advise for the myriad of problems my XLR had in the early days. Rarely did I go more than a month with out seeking advise here or at the dealership for one problem or another. Fortunately after fixing the infantile problems the car has become more and more reliable, hence fewer postings. Also I believe many of the original owners have sold. I still check the site daily but seldom post and I see the same for many of the other early buyers. It is hard to believe but mine will have rolled off the assembly line 10 years ago this November. The only other car I have kept this long was my 84 Corvette, I kept it for 11 years and plan to keep the XLR at least that long.
r u planing on attending the bowling green event the weekend from thursday26-29th?

I still visit the site .... although, yes, I have decided to sell Lola .... It's just hard to know exactly how to go about it ... I don't want Looky-Lou's or to consign it as I don't want her accidently scratched or maybe driven by some maniac during a test run. I have made more than a few life-long friends on this site, as well as from another one that banned me a few years ago :reddevil ... haha .... I love my time with forum members .... :)

Say it ain't so...
It's black on black, correct? Gosh, has it been that long since I've seen it?
Anyhow, send me details, I have a friend who practically begs to buy mine every time I see him.
Best of luck.
Bruce

Say it ain't so...
It's black on black, correct? Gosh, has it been that long since I've seen it?
Anyhow, send me details, I have a friend who practically begs to buy mine every time I see him.
Best of luck.
Bruce
Hi Bruce .... true we sure haven't seen each other in a couple of years now. Lola looks the same ... Ray has always kept her immaculate, we added the acrylic backlit windscreen .... the chrome-look after market grill ... the sway bar kit .... painted the rotars .... just put a new set of run=flats on her .... She's perfect. I'm going to stick at 25k .... she's worth that and more. I have a lot of documentation, books, advertising material, magazine features, etc. We're moving up and into the mountain area of San Diego County and although she would be an awesome drive on the roads, a car like her doesn't deserve to become a garage queen. You can PM me if you want more information. Hope you and the wife are doing well and that you don't work as hard as you used too ;)

Interesting, there are a lot of people who view, but still very few members on the forum. I wonder why. It seems like anyone who would come in to view the site would become a member. Membership is not only for those who have XLR's, but for anyone who is an XLR enthusiast. It is hard to tell if there are few members because the car is no longer in production or if it is because former members have sold their cars. Even if owners are second generation owners (like me) I don't see why they are not on here. This site is not only to answer questions of how to work out the bugs, but it is a site where people can socialize with other great individuals who happen to own a great piece of engineering. :wave:

It seems to me that the general spirit of the forum is changing. IMHO, it is slowly becoming more and more like many other forums with more arguing, mud slinging and personal attacks if someone has a different opinion than yours.

After recently being told that it is a good thing I chose to quit posting on a certain thread, despite no personal comments on my part, I'm wondering if it would be an even better thing if I quit posting altogether. Maybe others feel the same way, maybe not.:dunno:

It is sad as I felt this once was a special place to share information. You will need to form your own opinion about this and why. The rarity of the car has not changed.

It seems to me that the general spirit of the forum is changing. IMHO, it is slowly becoming more and more like many other forums with more arguing, mud slinging and personal attacks if someone has a different opinion than yours.

After recently being told that it is a good thing I chose to quit posting on a certain thread, despite no personal comments on my part, I'm wondering if it would be an even better thing if I quit posting altogether. Maybe others feel the same way, maybe not.:dunno:

It is sad as I felt this once was a special place to share information. You will need to form your own opinion about this and why. The rarity of the car has not changed.
That's exactly what happened on the last forum .... there were a couple of members who were creating PM's that were not only nasty, but a little intimidating. Do not stop your postings here, nor your participation .... if someone is causing you to be uncomfortable PM the moderators .... they will take care of the situation .... they are good people and do not want this forum to lose membership. You will never meet nice people or have more fun at a car event with the majority of these members .... You know that .... because we have met .... and I think you're a pretty nice guy ;).

That's exactly what happened on the last forum .... there were a couple of members who were creating PM's that were not only nasty, but a little intimidating. Do not stop your postings here, nor your participation .... if someone is causing you to be uncomfortable PM the moderators .... they will take care of the situation .... they are good people and do not want this forum to lose membership. You will never meet nice people or have more fun at a car event with the majority of these members .... You know that .... because we have met .... and I think you're a pretty nice guy ;).

Thanks,I think your pretty nice too ;).

I'm not going anywhere. I'm also not going to privately complain to the moderators either. Just not my style. I'll just change my settings to ignore those that post unreasonably. I'm generally impressed with the group and how little drama there is with the core group. Always have been.

Sad to hear of your decision to sell your car.

I agree with Lola's Mom, although I have not personally experienced the arguing, backbiting and nastiness that you mention on this site. I have experienced it on other sites. In fact, on those sites sometimes the hostility, judgementalness, jealousy and hatred are almost unbearable. :(

On this site, I have found people be be much more accepting, tolerant and welcoming of others. I hope that I am not wrong. So please stay and contibute to being one of those great people who carry on that tradition and who own an extraordinary piece of engineering. :grouphug:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom