Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! While on Vacation

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
We are here in Ocean City Md for the Endless Summer Fall Cruz’in with Roxy! Being only having my cell phone, I need someone to help find the the hold struts part numbers for the trunk lid, as yesterday while putting some grocery in the trunk, I felt the latch hitting the middle of my back! So if anyone can help and post the number I can get a set ordered awhile, Thank You it would be well appreciated! We are off to morning OC Boardwalk Car Parade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand,,, I don't have the part #s, but you can call this company and they will help you get new lift struts :

Lift Supports, Gas Springs & Gas Struts | Lift Supports Depot 866-969-5438

Bet that hurt when the trunk lid hit your back.... Once while in Colorado during a snow storm, my left arm got caught by the trunk lid collapsing down while reaching into the trunk from the side of car. Trunk lid is very heavy when supports fail..

Grand,,, I don't have the part #s, but you can call this company and they will help you get new lift struts :

Lift Supports, Gas Springs & Gas Struts | Lift Supports Depot 866-969-5438

Bet that hurt when the trunk lid hit your back.... Once while in Colorado during a snow storm, my left arm got caught by the trunk lid collapsing down while reaching into the trunk from the side of car. Trunk lid is very heavy when supports fail..

Actually it just barley touch me, it was coming down very slow, guess they are getting weak! But did have this same experience as you, some years ago, like you with hood at the side battery area, lucky my wife was there, because thengood caught my wrist in there, I yelled and she came out and unlatched it, mean while I was pulling up on the hood with my other hand. All I could think of, was what would I’d a done if she was there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back