Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Will GM's bankruptcy affect your decision to buy one of their cars in the future?

Will GM's bankruptcy affect your decision to buy one of their cars in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Possibly

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Will GM's bankruptcy affect your decision to buy one of their cars in the future? Why or why not?

As far as I'm concerned GM does, and will continue to manufacture the best American cars, by far!

Floyd (BB)

Possibly! Depends on how they handle my current GM Warranties.

If they only make the little cars that the government is pushing for I won't buy any of them. :dunno:

I have always bought American made cars. A majority of cars I have bought have been Ford. The X is the first car that has not been a Ford. I will buy American made cars until the day I die. :patriot:

We will continue to buy American..........as long as it is a Ford.

Well ...

I went to check the stock quote for GM this morning ....

It doesn't exist anymore .... :pat:

RA,

It has to be above $1.00 for them to list it. The Dow also removed it from their group of companies. I hope you didn't buy much of it, because it will be worthless after they come out of bankruptcy. You'll have to re-buy when they get relisted after the reorganization:ugh::ugh:

Well ...

I went to check the stock quote for GM this morning ....

It doesn't exist anymore .... :pat:

Nope ... I didn't buy much - I was just sort of fooling around with it ... hoping against hope that the company would somehow get it all figured out ... well, I guess someone figured it out for them. Sometimes I misplace my trust and support. This isn't the first time. :rolleyes:

My next one probably will be a high powered, tire burning, fire breathing Mustang. Always loved my 69 Cobra Mustang. What better way to start off when my warranty runs out in two years.
We will continue to buy American..........as long as it is a Ford.

My next one probably will be a high powered, tire burning, fire breathing Mustang. Always loved my 69 Cobra Mustang. What better way to start off when my warranty runs out in two years.

What better way????? Let me count ways. . .nope, none include a Ford!!!! :( :pukeface:

Floyd (BB)

What better way????? Let me count ways. . .nope, none include a Ford!!!! :( :pukeface:

Floyd (BB)

Doris spent the day on the phone with GM discussing the dozen or so attempts to solve the popping noise in the front end of her XLR. The rep told her they were shocked with her level of patience and will get back to us with options including buying the car back. This will make our second buyback on XLR's. My CTS was in to have the front wheel bearings swapped out in the first 20,000 miles, two rear end replacements and several misc. trips to have electrical issues resolved.

On the other side; my GT500 is my fifth SVT product produced by Ford - none of them were ever back in for service. All five were S/C'ed power plants and all five were modified by me with basic bolt-on power-adders; again, no failures, broken parts and all five provided a ton of performance beyond anything GM offered at half the price.

And - none of my tax dollars were involved. :wave:

GM has been building scrap for years with the exception of Corvette Cadillac and the truck divisions. The new Volt will sell for $40.000 This is something Toyota has been building for the last 10 years and is selling for under $30,000. If you think you have seen recalls on the XLR ......

GM has been bound up by the committee mentality... all new ideas are killed by the "establishment" that is still living in the 50s. They think that they drive the market. Not so for a long time...

We (XLR people) are all buyers of niche cars that do things for us that other cars cannot do. The XLR and other cars like them have some sole, they were built by car people not committee members.

Adding the government and the union to the board of directors will not help GM. I will keep my XLR as a collectors item and most likely go German for my next daily ride. They build those in the US now so I don't feel bad about buying them. ;)

GM Bankrupty

I have owed/leased 9 Cadillacs, always the big fleetwood, DTS but my last lease of a 2006 DTS was nothing but a problem car, battery - 3 new installed,
electronic problems. Wrote GM 3 times looking for help but Customer Service was not much help. Took car back to dealer in Nov 09 at lease end and I was on way that day to buy a new BME 3 or 5 series. But, I seen a 2006 XLR on the lot with just over 40K miles and the price seemed right. I have always loved this car and if it was not on lot I would be driving a BMW. I have a 2002 DTS to do the longer trips but think Cadillac is missing a lot of us "old foggy" buyers who wanted that big car to snowbird to Florida or go cross country as we did last year. I asked if there were any discount programs on the 2010 DTS, nope only for the CTS or SLR, etc. Discussed this big car issue with many of the older customers at the two Cadillac dealers I frequent. It was almost 100% that Cadillac has forgotten us older drivers. Most of them were bringing
in older cadillacs for service. i love Fords but the Lincoln"Town Car" can not
hold a candle to the big Cadillac. I am the oddball, I want a XLR but want that big old Cadillac too. Hope GM makes it but I am not sure. John

I totally agree with you John on wanting the big Cadillac for long trips, snowbirding to Florida and such. I had a 2006 DTS and traded it back with only 6,000 miles for my XLR. Last July I traded my '07 SRX for an '09 DTS and am glad I did as Cadillac is going to come out with a new XTS which will be smaller than the DTS but larger than the STS as both of them will no longer be produced. I now have 1800 miles on my DTS and plan to just keep it and my XLR the rest of my driving days. My DTS is my 13th Cadillac and I have never had any major problems with any of them, one exception, my Allante which I only kept 8 months and made Cadillac take it back.

GM

Robert, thank you, I knew there were many of us that want the bigger Cadillac
but sometimes the GM exec's are like Congress and do not listen to their customers. I got the XLR which is mine forever, a 2002 DTS which is not going
to last another 2 years, a Ford 150 and a 57 Ford. I will wait until my 2002 dies and see what Cadillac produces in 2011/2012 or i will look elsewhere.We can cross our fingers and hope our new employees at GM see what made them at one time the biggest car company in the world and produce a car to compete with the Japanese and German car manufacturers. John

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom