Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Window Sticker

I had wondered whether there was a V distinction, since I just have the base - odd that there isn't a difference in the VIN.

I'd also love to know what the 1-5 at the bottom of the build sheet is about.

The 4th & 5th letters in the VIN tell you the model of XLR. YV is an XLR & YX is an XLR-V.

What I was trying to say is that the serial number part of the VIN (the last digits of the VIN) do not start over with the V series. So if 690 is a V, 689 and 691 may or may not be a V. More like a V is an option for the XLR rather than a different model, which makes sense.

My build list has the V circled with a bold red marker. That tells me that somewhere along the line someone missed it and screwed up putting non-V components on a V. That could be an expensive mistake to fix.

I have seen on a few cars, mine included, if you pull the carpet back in the trunk (near where the hydraulic pump is) you can see a date and initials. I think this is the build date and the builder or inspector?

...pm with your email, and I,ll send you what I have...only the mileage tag and dealer with a 120k price!

here is a low res version:

View attachment 2308

Wow, a $20,000 market value adjustment. Bet they didn't sell many at that price!

My build list has the V circled with a bold red marker. That tells me that somewhere along the line someone missed it and screwed up putting non-V components on a V. That could be an expensive mistake to fix.

The V on my build sheet is circled in red also. Probably just to make sure they see it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom