Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Winter storage thoughts

Phrede

Seasoned Member
With the end of summer I am sure some will be soon putting the cars in the garage for a few months. Any suggestions you wish to share?

Do you put it up on blocks or over inflate the tires to prevent flat spots?

I plan on a battery minder or battery tender to keep the electrical system charged.

Where to find a car cover other than the $350 one from the dealer?

I plan on storing with a full tank of gas with Sea Foam as a stabilizer. I hate Sta-Bil and have had problem with it in the past.

A good bath and wax right before parking.

Does anyone pull the plugs and oil the cylinder walls?

I don't do anything special when I put mine to sleep for the winter. Just wash, cover, and hook up the battery tender. I got lucky and got my cover (a wolfe specifically for an XLR) from a former owner on this forum for $125. Maybe keep your eye on Ebay... once in a while one pops up there. Got to be careful though, I purchased one for Madmac and sent it to him in Canada (seller would not ship to Canada)... ended up being a bright red Corvette cover. The seller swore to me that it was in the original box he bought it in... which had a GM XLR cover part number on it. Madmac said it fit, although not perfectly so he kept it; it would have cost Madmac shipping back to me and shipping to the seller to return it... about half of what the cover cost.

I have an extra climate-controlled garage space here at my house in NC.

Just be sure to leave the keys! :chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back