Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

wtb: quality windscreen and black logo mats

NEVERHAPPY

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Silver Platinum XLR.
could use a windbreaker and ebony XLR logo or cadillac logo mats. thanks

Also for a very nice WindRestrictor check these guys! www.windrestrictor.com
The one I have has remote control 7 color multifunction lighting control ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364219723.492180.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1364219760.728526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364214182.050210.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364214182.050210.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 483
Windscreen

I have seen them...The lit one is the one I would like..But looking for someone who had a used one. Pricing is pretty high on them...Someone on another forum just sold one used at a great price.. The guy sold his XLR and sold his windscreen separately..Thanks for the info and links...:wave:

personal feedback (sorry Tim)

I bought the Winblox and returned it after trying it with top down for 3 days. My lady with long hair tied back noticed an approximate 10% reduction in wind. My complaint was night driving. I kept it attached since taking it on and off daily was not something I wanted to contend with. While driving by approaching vehicles on the freeway, their headlamps would reflect perfectly off the wind block and created quite a distraction. Every time I looked in my rear view mirror I had headlights directly in my vision. The company was very good about issuing and RA for the product

I bought the Winblox and returned it after trying it with top down for 3 days. My lady with long hair tied back noticed an approximate 10% reduction in wind. My complaint was night driving. I kept it attached since taking it on and off daily was not something I wanted to contend with. While driving by approaching vehicles on the freeway, their headlamps would reflect perfectly off the wind block and created quite a distraction. Every time I looked in my rear view mirror I had headlights directly in my vision. The company was very good about issuing and RA for the product

I, too, have WindBlox and can't find my previous post on this subject. But the bottom line is I wedged 1/4" rubber stops at the bottom of the windblox( between it and the roll bars) to tilt it upward from the base. Viola! no reflections!

windscreen

great idea gizmo
ill have to try that. i have a wind restrictor with a yellow light logo that i took off because of the reflections at night and put on the original mesh screen.

but i did like the looks of the windrestrictor

thanks for sharing

Wind Screen Options - My Experiences

I have tried both the Windblox and the Windrestrictor. Here is a summary of my experiences with both:

Windblox - Great deal for the money, easily removable (and can be stored in optional storage bag they offer), but the fitment of the straps, because of the slot locations, was way off. I returned the first unit, with markups on the blue plastic protective sheet, and asked if he could modify the design to allow a better attachement (also had the Cadillac logo engraved). I also mentioned that the Windblox was lower than the roll bar height, and that there was 1.5" clearance above the roll bar and suggested the patern be modified to at least the roll bar height, plus a little extra for some wind blockage. Tim sent a second prototype, with modified slot locations and an increase in height - he took my measurement of 1.5" clearance and used it all - it actually touched the top at the outer corners. I marked up this one and sent it back to him for one more final iteration (talking some off the corners and another iteration on the strap slot locations. My goal was to help him get a design that would be a better fit, more secure and best wind block performance. I did not hear back for 6 weeks and finally cancelled the sale. Tim may have gotten the final design upgrades finished and, if he did, it is the best deal out there - especially if you want to remove it for top up season.

Windrestrictor
- Decided to spend the big bucks and go for the lighted version, with the Cadi XLR logo ("does your car return the favor?"). When I received this kit, if found the color of the clamps and the base (which hold the LED lights), did not match the brown color of the roll bars or the deck lid - they were two different colors - the clamps were grey and the base was a medium/light brown (not quite the chocolate color of the deck). I initially thought they sent me the wrong color kit, but they insisted that this was what they sell for the Tan interiors. Rather than return the kit for a refund, I decided to modify the colors myself with spray paint (yes, you can paint the leather base). The color I used was Rust-oleum Fine Textured Bronze (#7226). It is a perfect match.

I also did the "tilt" with a couple of 1/4" felt spacers at the bottom of the roll bar (stuck to the Plexiglas), and moved the base slightly forward before installing it with the double sided sticky tape. This too solved the reflection driving (day or night).

And, because I could not help making it better/custom, I installed a relay in the system that turns off the brake light initiated glow when the reverse lights are on, so I could see out the rear view mirror better at night when backing up. I also installed a line that lights up the LED's when the courtesy lights are activated - this was a little trickier and required a relay and diodes to isolate the circuits, and because the dimming effect on the courtesy lights is caused by increasing the voltage on one side of the lights (they are 12V hot on both sides of the bulb when off).

Bottom line - I am happy with the Windrestrictor, as modified, to get the best system out there.

Finally, from a wind block effect, I would say that these systems seem to block between 50% and 70% of the wind, with the windows up (depending on speed). They aren't too effective with the windows down as they create their own little vortices with the air flow.

Hope this input helps you decide which way to go, and provides some insight on the options you have for a wind blocker that was probably requested by your wife or girlfriend - that was my incentive.

PAK XLR8

Windrestrictor and Lloyd matts

I have the windrestrictor that I plug into the center console power supply and the Lloyd mats and couldn't be happier!

great idea gizmo
ill have to try that. i have a wind restrictor with a yellow light logo that i took off because of the reflections at night and put on the original mesh screen.

thanks for sharing

Just an ideal that helped substantially at night stops the interior from being so bright too! I had it tinted with the same as my windows at a 35% it's not as bright from rear viewing, but I'm fine with that! Here some before and after pics!

8yva3una.jpg
zyjape6y.jpg

a4u2ehyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Windrestrictor

great idea gizmo

thanks for sharing

I might be interested in buying it if you could give me more information (logo & price). It looks like we have the same color car and interior.
Thanks

XLR Mesh Windrestritor

The mesh wind restrictor was an after thought with Cadillac and was made by an overseas vendor if I'm not mistaken. They came out in 2008 and Cadillac had very limited supplies at that time, don't think they ramped up production knowing the XLR was doomed. I would guess due to the demise of the XLR, that production has ceased on these items and you would best be served by searching the internet for anyone selling theirs. I doubt GM has any in stock anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can buy the mesh version?

Check your local cadillac/GM dealer they might be able to. Or GM parts direct might.

Thank you. Do you have the GM part number?

Did a quick search and found the original part #, so I check one GM part site and the following came up:

GM Parts > 19153868
GM Part:[h=1]Windscreen[/h]
Part NO.: 19153868

manufacturer.png

Notes:
The part you are looking for is NOT Available.

Thanks Cubby. Wow a quick search shows in stock at $500+ ... I had no idea.

I'll have to monitor ebay.

Yes... the mesh screens are not inexpensive. I went with the Windblox version; can be found on EBay. Search XLR windblock. Mine was $60 shipped. Have the velcro straps around the rollbars, but that doesn't bother me a bit.

Thanks Cubby. Wow a quick search shows in stock at $500+ ... I had no idea.

I'll have to monitor ebay.

For around $500 you can buy the Lexan Clear plastic like mine with lighted design and 3rd brake light!
I think it's Object moved or search Google for King Pendington WindRestrictor
Tell them Dan from Pennsylvania sent you and they will offer you a discount!

ypa4ymyt.jpg
egazate2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Wind restrictor...

I have seen them...The lit one is the one I would like..But looking for someone who had a used one. Pricing is pretty high on them...Someone on another forum just sold one used at a great price.. The guy sold his XLR and sold his windscreen separately..Thanks for the info and links...:wave:

Picked mine up from a vendor on "ebay" and they had theirs listed as "Make an offer" so I got mine well below (under 300) what you'll pay going straight to the web site and like everyone else you choose what you want it to read or for a fee you can choose a custom image or saying and also you can choose what type of lighting package which can also be customized (For an additional fee of course) I went with the basic lighting hard wired to park lights (No extra charge)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom