Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Site Update: XLR Net Forums Upgraded

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
The forum software has been upgraded to the latest generation of the vBulletin forum software. A lot has changed.

Please bear with us as we work to continue making updates to get the look and feel closer to what it was before. I'll be working on the changes over the course of the night so please be patient.

cant look at any threads.. hell of a time finally logging in

The new soft ware seems to really be buggy.. On two of my computers cannot log it and cannot look at any threads. Hope help is on the way

JIM

• Admin
The new soft ware seems to really be buggy.. On two of my computers cannot log it and cannot look at any threads. Hope help is on the way

JIM
No, it's actually not buggy. There are several other software packages that were integrated into the forums, such as the Garages, search engine optimization, etc. I'm going through them one by one.

When you were trying to access threads, I was in the process of upgrading the search engine optimization software and all the forum URLs needed to be re-written. It's all fixed now. :)

Thank you

No, it's actually not buggy. There are several other software packages that were integrated into the forums, such as the Garages, search engine optimization, etc. I'm going through them one by one.

When you were trying to access threads, I was in the process of upgrading the search engine optimization software and all the forum URLs needed to be re-written. It's all fixed now. :)
I am on my droid tablet now and all is good..Guess I jumped to soon.anyway thaks for th e quick note at BIG thanks for thr forum!

JIM

• Admin
I am on my droid tablet now and all is good..Guess I jumped to soon.anyway thaks for th e quick note at BIG thanks for thr forum!

JIM
You're welcome Jim! :beerchug:

• Admin
Unfortunately, I was not able to salvage the garage system as the company stopped updating the software a couple days years ago and isn't compatible with the version of forum software we're now runnimg. I'll be installing a new garage system over the next 48 hours.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

• Admin
I am aware that some people have had trouble posting where the site seems to go away. The issue is that the site has been becoming more popular and right now, the XLR Net is on a shared hosting account with other web sites on the same server. If those sites get busy - we end up feeling the effects. As a result - I am going to look into moving the site to a more robust server so that the site will respond quicker and we won't run into problems posting when the server experiences increased traffic.

Great new look... takes a little time to get used to it. But having been on the V-net site. I'm used to it.

• Admin
I am aware that various sections of the site are not working properly at the moment. Our hosting provider upgraded PHP - a scripting software - to the latest release - which broke several of the sections we have here on the site that require PHP. I am working to fix those sections.

SLOW internet

The announcement of a new server was exciting until I tried it. Don't see ANY improvement????

Me either .... even though I am on Cox with a rather new computer .... everyone says "it's just me" :squint:

What web browser and version are you using to view the site?

So when does it act slow?

When you click on a link in an email?

When you're in the forums and navigating through them - all forum functions run slow?

Do other parts of the site run slow such as the Model Centers?

You need to be more specific and give me more details or there's nothing I can do.

For me personally, the only slow down I see is when I click on a link in an email such as when someone responds to a thread I posted in. Otherwise, everything else is fine. There is no load on the database so the database is zipping along as is the rest of the site.

I can't fix what I can't see or experience - especially when all I hear is "your site runs slow."

I have found no problems in speed from the past server to this one; it may been slightly faster than before, but it's not a noticable difference (maybe I'm just not remembering the past server's speed that well). The problems I have is when my Internet goes down, but that would be my providers fault, not this site's server.

What web browser and version are you using to view the site?

So when does it act slow?

When you click on a link in an email?

When you're in the forums and navigating through them - all forum functions run slow?

Do other parts of the site run slow such as the Model Centers?

You need to be more specific and give me more details or there's nothing I can do.

For me personally, the only slow down I see is when I click on a link in an email such as when someone responds to a thread I posted in. Otherwise, everything else is fine. There is no load on the database so the database is zipping along as is the rest of the site.

I can't fix what I can't see or experience - especially when all I hear is "your site runs slow."

#1 Internet Explorer 9.0.10
#2 Slow to load Site
#3 Reply to post load - extremely slow. [More] icons especially slow to load.

Personally, I'm not asking you to 'fix' anything ... the site comes up and works fine. But IT IS the slowest ap that I use.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom