Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Site Update: XLR Net Has Moved!

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
The XLR Net has now been moved to a new, more robust server. Everyone should notice a marked improvement in speed and overall responsiveness of the forums now. :blinzel:

I have been having a ton of trouble with this new site 'FREEZING' oad dropping what I am trying to post. Tonight it just seems to be freezing but the last two weeks I kept loosing what I had typed for posting. :reddevil

If anyone else out there has been having trouble PLEASE speak up, I am starting to wonder if it is my computer.....but I am not having trouble elsewhere. :dunno:

You're not crazy, Sandy .... it's been the same thing for me .... the smiley's freeze me up almost everytime I use them ... and can't get the full list of them to load and when I do - I get the freeze screens too. I had not mentioned it because there was so much work going on to change the program and then the servers I decided to just be patient ..... but when the post said now they were done and we should experience no more problems and more speed, again I just figured they were fine-tuning ... now ... well, certainly I am not seeing any improvement. In fact .... the old program worked better for me.

• Admin
I've been on and off the site since the site move and everything has been working fine for me.

If the problem continues let me know and I'll end up having to look at moving the site to a new hosting provider.

I've been on and off the site since the site move and everything has been working fine for me.

If the problem continues let me know and I'll end up having to look at moving the site to a new hosting provider.

Still cannot load your "smileys" .... when I hit the 'More' button it the new window appears and freezes. Unless work has been done since 9 last night, my particular problems still exist ... Thanks for checking into it. BTW THIS is the only program that I have a problem with .... and only since the upgrade.

Still cannot load your "smileys" .... when I hit the 'More' button it the new window appears and freezes. Unless work has been done since 9 last night, my particular problems still exist ... Thanks for checking into it. BTW THIS is the only program that I have a problem with .... and only since the upgrade.
I'm not sure what to tell you. I've tested the more smileys in both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and they work for me as an Administrator and as a regular user.

The only thing I can suggest at this time is to clear your browser cache.

Right now, the forums are flying along for me. Nothing is lagging and everything is work.

The XLR Net has now moved

The XLR Net has now been moved to a new, more robust server. Everyone should notice a marked improvement in speed and overall responsiveness of the forums now. :blinzel:

Rob,
I don't know if I'm having any problems or not. Since I was only a member of this forum for about 36 minutes before you migrated to the new servers. As I don't know what to expect I just chalk it up to ineptitude.:dunno: If I find I can't do some of the things the other posters are having trouble with then I'll pass that along.:wave:

I'm not sure what to tell you. I've tested the more smileys in both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and they work for me as an Administrator and as a regular user.

The only thing I can suggest at this time is to clear your browser cache.

Right now, the forums are flying along for me. Nothing is lagging and everything is work.

How do I clear my Browser Cache? Do you mean cookies?

How do I clear my Browser Cache? Do you mean cookies?

If you're using Internet Explorer, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Browsing History -- click delete button

If you're using Firefox: go to Tools --> Clear Recent History

I have done what you suggested: this program is the slowest that loads on my computer. There are still problems with the 'more' icons loading ..... verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow. I have Cox high speed cable / Just saying' ..... I don't think it's all me. A lot of people visit this forum, but only 2 of us have replied to Sandy's inquiry ..... It would be nice to have more input.

I have done what you suggested: this program is the slowest that loads on my computer. There are still problems with the 'more' icons loading ..... verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow. I have Cox high speed cable / Just saying' ..... I don't think it's all me. A lot of people visit this forum, but only 2 of us have replied to Sandy's inquiry ..... It would be nice to have more input.

I would like to give input on this topic :talk: The truth is when I load 'more' icons they come right up ;). What exactly do you do, maybe I can duplicate it on my system. I'm running Windows 7 w/TimeWarner cable on a Samsung laptop.:confused: :pat: :( :dunno:

I've tested the functionality from three different physical locations, using three different computers with different operating systems and different internet service providers....all of the smileys load when I click the More link without any delay. :dunno:

I've tested the functionality from three different physical locations, using three different computers with different operating systems and different internet service providers....all of the smileys load when I click the More link without any delay. :dunno:

I concur Rob, although I only tried two different computers:willy_nilly: all the icons loaded fast eventhough the wife's computer is soooo old :confused: and she always complains about it being slow.

I write my post ... go to the far right, hit the [More] option .... the frame comes up and it takes forever or in some cases it never loads. I have a Sony Vaio laptop (new, BTW) and have Cox Highspeed Internet and, this is THE ONLY slow loading end-user link I have. IF me and Sandy are the only people that are having a problem with the speed, then I guess it is what it is .... thanks for checking.

I write my post ... go to the far right, hit the [More] option .... the frame comes up and it takes forever or in some cases it never loads. I have a Sony Vaio laptop (new, BTW) and have Cox Highspeed Internet and, this is THE ONLY slow loading end-user link I have. IF me and Sandy are the only people that are having a problem with the speed, then I guess it is what it is .... thanks for checking.

I also have no problems with loading the "more" smileys. When I click on the "more" icon, the smiley window loads in 5 or 6 seconds.

Today the program loads at somewhat faster speed and the 'more' window opened and did not freeze .... Sandy check yous, please .... coincidence? :dunno:

Today the program loads at somewhat faster speed and the 'more' window opened and did not freeze .... Sandy check yous, please .... coincidence? :dunno:
Has to be. Nothing has changed since the forum software upgrade.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom