Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR parts for sale - ride control modules, shocks, interior parts, headlights and tail lights

XLR parts for sale - ride control modules, interior parts, and tail lights

I have some XLR parts for sale, shipping will be whatever FedEx charges for ground shipping to your place. I have a FedEx account so before I ship I can tell you what it will cost. I will package the item at no cost to you.
I need a right side (passenger) beige A pillar post cover. What say you?

I have some XLR parts for sale, shipping will be whatever FedEx charges for ground shipping to your place. I have a FedEx account so before I ship I can tell you what it will cost. I will package the item at no cost to you.
Hi, do you have a passenger side (facing window) speaker cover? Thank you!

I’m looking for mostly rear but all four electronic shocks for my 2005 XLR Cadillac do you gage these or know where to find them thank you

I need rear shocks. One is leaking so plan to replace the pair. '05 XLR. Availability and cost? Thanks. Kenn

Used shocks from an old XLR? Hmmm.....

Here's new, which I'd certainly recommend over used - especially for this car sorry to say.

HTH!

Used shocks from an old XLR? Hmmm.....

Here's new, which I'd certainly recommend over used - especially for this car sorry to say.

HTH!
Thanks Gord. The prices on the site you suggested seem too low! The OEM parts from GM are about $1750 per. I think I'll get my mechanic to check it out to be sure they're correct. Also, there is much talk on the forum about the associated electronic components in the traction system. Was that YOU putting the knife into the socket?
Kenn

Hi Kenn - and, you're welcome.
Familiarize yourself with RockAuto as they're as big as they get and with the best prices I've come across, often even considering transport costs and such to Canada. I've actually tried to help my local CarQuest store yet had him reply "that's even less than my cost!". Big, big difference when you have 10 times the population just to our south. ;)

C$1750 per side is...well, it's insane. I'd double-check with whomever you've been speaking with and if they stick to that price... they're gouging you terribly = flee and don't deal with them ever. I know things can get costly out there on the island but that makes no sense unless perhaps they're rowing a pair of shocks across from the mainland. And in a storm.

The AC Delco shocks listed on RockAuto -are- OEM as Delco are the folks who make the shocks and made -all- the XLR shocks for GM.

It's not a Bugatti or a Koenigsegg don't forget, this is just a General Motors Cadillac and while some items may be a bit costly due to scarcity or such, they don't ever have to be completely nuts. Really, read through all the bits available for your car via RockAuto and perhaps other sites, as many parts listed are equal or better to what any GM shop will try to sell you and at much more reasonable costs.

The modules in the XLR can be a bit touchy and there's plenty of reading in here covering their care and feeding. Most specifically, take great care with that roof pump and module along with the suspension module, all which live in the most idiotic location: a cubby hole, left rear of the trunk. That thing is now notorious for getting wet either from above (leaky trunk seals) or maybe from below (it is supposed to breathe, just not go scuba diving).

OEM modules are / were made by all sorts of different companies , matter of fact, I was remarking just the other day that the communications module (antennas etc) is made by Continental - we know them mostly for tires?!!

I do hope that helps and saves you a little coin along the way. No, no that wasn't me in the picture - found that out on the interweb somewhere and thought it was appropriate. A knife is harmless anyway... my pic would have been with a fork and THAT was a memorable experience. :lol:

Gord :thumbsup

p.s. And that's for everyone: if you're buying heavy items from RA, consider making more than one order. You can calculate shipping as you go, do tests, see what 'trips' their scales and depending on the quantity and weight of things, often making a few 'lighter' orders can save you transport costs considerably.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom