Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Spoiler

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
Simply a curiosity...

Was kicking around the D3 Cadillac site & noticed a spoiler installed on one of their images. There didn't appear to be a link toward acquiring one of these fabrications on their site. Perhaps they're no longer contributing significantly to the XLR market relative to body enhancements.

Has anyone seen one of these up close? Anyone aware of anything aftermarket that is available along these lines? Would appreciate any input.

Simply a curiosity...

Was kicking around the D3 Cadillac site & noticed a spoiler installed on one of their images. There didn't appear to be a link toward acquiring one of these fabrications on their site. Perhaps they're no longer contributing significantly to the XLR market relative to body enhancements.

Has anyone seen one of these up close? Anyone aware of anything aftermarket that is available along these lines? Would appreciate any input.

I believe Chicago Dave has one installed. And you're right, D3 has abandoned us for the more profitable CTS/ATS marques. I understand that they may have a few molds of previously available products, but most have been destroyed.

Last edited:
BattleCat's Spoiler project

I finished my spoiler project today. I have always felt BattleCat's tail looked naked. I wanted the spoiler to look factory original but there was never a factory option spoiler for this car. The CTS-V spoilers are not wide enough and have too much pitch. The STS-V spoiler I found was wide enough but the pedestals were at the wrong angle to mount flush. I used my dermal tool to cut them off at the right angle and filled the bottoms back in with fiberglass. Sadly I lost my build pictures for this with my last phone. It took a lot more work than it would seem.

Attachments

• 20160702_134549.jpg
    20160702_134549.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,808
  • 20160702_134607.jpg
    20160702_134607.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,868
  • 20160702_134620.jpg
    20160702_134620.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 2,521
  • 20160702_134824.jpg
    20160702_134824.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,016
  • 20160702_134838.jpg
    20160702_134838.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,370
Assume spoiler

I would suspect A sts v spoiler would be hard to find used and probably not avilible form Cadillac. Where did you find your? I like the look as it fits nicely in terms of the up swing in the center and angle you custom designed .

Further more it is impossible to keep the dust off the rear deck lid and bumper cover.Dose you custom spoiler assist in running a little air over the back of the car to help keep it clear of dust ?

Not sure how comfortable I am with punching holes in the deck lid .Cool comes with a price ! If it keep the rear of the car dust free. Im in!

Nice Job! Great look ! REGGIE

Simply a curiosity...

That looks a lot like the "GM Licensed" after market spoilers we sold for the gen-1 CTS and STS at the dealership. We used to charge $1800 installed (ridiculous markup)! But we did have to drill into the trunk so it took some commitment to go that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that spoiler. How much weight did it add and how does the lift handle that?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom