Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Successor??

F

FOURTEEN

:dunno: I know that you folks love your cars, :worship: but with the XLR production ending soon, :mad: if you had to choose another cool sporty car, would you consider the new Pontiac Solstice GXP COUPE?? :confused:

PRO: A GXP Coupe is less costly (~$30,000), is quicker (5.5 to 60), has an open roof with little turbulence, has full hard top, stands out in a crowd, and has higher MPG (19/28), than an XLR! :eek:

CON: Not as exclusive! Not a Cadillac, but it is an American make :patriot:!
Ugly canvas roof, or one piece hardtop that can not be carried on board!! Pontiac should have gone with a T-top like the old Firebird with two piece storable hardtop! A T-top is also safer and adds to chassis rigidity.
:pat:

Not for me! Too short and little of a car! Ditto with the Saturn counter part.

Not for me! Too short and little of a car! Ditto with the Saturn counter part.

I agree, not for me, no class or good styling. I will just keep my XLR, it should last longer then me. I was just out in it and everybody at the shopping center was drooling over it. Cadillac is making a big mistake. I would buy an 09 except I do not like the side vents, I have everything I want and only have 17,000 miles on it. First Robin

We looked at the Solstice ... very tiny interior. Besides ..... just no pizzazzzzzz! There just isn't anything that has what the XLR does .... that great top .... comfort and style.

If I was going to choose a coupe it would be the new CTS .... but, I don't want a coupe .... I've waited too many years to have a roadster.

Lola is still IT for me. :blinzel:

Since this doesn't have anything to do with the XLR-V, I'm going to move it out of the XLR-V forum...

I don't care for it. I agree with First Robin. We are keeping our X until she won't go anymore.

I like the Solsitce and the Sky, but I wouldn't consider one as a replacement for the XLR. Just a fun little convertible. I think it would have much more potential as a sports car (track days & canyon roads), smaller, lighter weight, the ecotec has a performance following, and it does very well in SCCA, whereas the XLR is much more of a grand tourer.
Bruce

I rode in one of two that Steven from Windrestrictor has............boy is it small and his daughter is small in stature and she thinks it's small. Did I say small to many times?
:dunno: I know that you folks love your cars, :worship: but with the XLR production ending soon, :mad: if you had to choose another cool sporty car, would you consider the new Pontiac Solstice GXP COUPE?? :confused:

PRO: A GXP Coupe is less costly (~$30,000), is quicker (5.5 to 60), has an open roof with little turbulence, has full hard top, stands out in a crowd, and has higher MPG (19/28), than an XLR! :eek:

Ugly canvas roof, or one piece hardtop that can not be carried on board!! Pontiac should have gone with a T-top like the old Firebird with two piece storable hardtop! A T-top is also safer and adds to chassis rigidity.

Did I say small to many times?

So you think Darrell at 6'6" & 360# would have an even bigger, (or tighter), problem in a GXP Coupe than in his XLR!?!!

I can see why Honda and Toyota sizes some of their cars for Tokyo teenage girls, but why does GM!??! At 6'1" & 225# I don't consider myself XL by today's USA population standards, but I still seem to have trouble in a lot of cars, even sedans, that I would have expected to be nice and roomy!!

Actually I was surprised by the room in a Miata! I had no head or leg room problems with my mid-engine '72 Fiat X1/9, which was so small that even an XLR could carry one in davits!!!! Guess not having a backseat helped with those cars, but why not in the GM 2-seaters!??!

And the point of all this??? Solstice is NO replacement for a Cadillac XLR or Corvette. Way too uncomfortable and small, no amenities.

CO

I plan on keeping mine until she will no longer run!
My husband likes mine so much that he is considering buying a V since they are no longer in production.

Dallas Doll

And the point of all this??? Solstice is NO replacement for a Cadillac XLR or Corvette. Way too uncomfortable and small, no amenities.

CO

I AGREE 100%! Besides I see WAY TOO MANY, it almost seems they're everywhere, becoming way too common.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom