Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! New thread - Colorado Event

You have made great points here and FR has found a great spot, so if all is in favo,r then we may just have our first decision of the trip to good ole Colorado! :rocker:
I agree with trying to keep everyone together. I researched this for quite some time and could not find anything that would come close to what Cheyenne Mountain Resort is offering for the price. The reasons I have are 1. The security of the cars. 2. Most of us men have been missing in action with our wives because of the demands of the job we had over the years. The wives deserve to have a fantastic vacation and at this price the opportunity is there. You guys deserve a fantastic vacation for being great providers (please do not interpit this as wives not doing there part). 3. Were going to go sight seeing I am sure but were goiing to have free time. Who is going to offer the amenties for the price they have quoted for our down time together. 4. We certainly do not have to eat every meal there, afterall we will have our cars to go anywhere with. 5. They our offering a hospitally room at no cost. We do not have to use there bar I can tell you I have personnaly set these rooms up at events where I hung up streamers and ballons and christmas tree lights. I pluged the bath tub filled it with ice and loaded it with beer. Set up three tables and had a bar. We had a radio (ipod ready) and had our own music. We have had people bring musical instruments and quite frankly we had a blast. But the greatest thing of all was no worry about DUI's. 6. They have two restrauants and a pub that has finger food. The pub is also has a micro brewery. The Pub's hours our 1pm to 2am. 7, They have 4 pools and a private lake when you have down time. 8. There rooms are at the level where you would expect to pay $300 - $400 a night. 8. If you dont want breakfast there you can drive 3/10 of a mile and eat at IHOP. I could go on and on but I really believe this would be the way to go. However, we want to be with the group and will make ajustments within reason.

Fred:wave:

Don't rush out to do this, let's see what everyone feels about the CMR first. :wave:
You are just too nice. I agree with what has been said today as I have felt from the very beginning we should all stay at the same place. I just hope it will be where everyone can afford it. The parking facility for the Hilton in SA was a pain but the hotel was nice. It would have been lots more fun if we had all been at the same place. What ever is chosen I know there will be some that will not be happy, I have worked with large groups in the past and there is no way you can please everyone. One advantage I can see the CMR has that the Rodeway doesn't have is a hugh Lobby where everyone can meet up before starting their day. The advantage the Rodeway has is the price. I still have not driven up to the Embassy Suites, reason is it is up North and not as convienent to where the action is that you all have indicated you want to do. If you like I will go up and check it out also. :wave::wave::wave:

I agree ... I think we should all stay at one place.
I looked at it when you first mentioned it. Two distinctly different places to hold an event. My thought was that if it wasn't all that much different in price it may be an alternative choice. Scenic hiking ... swimming.... golf .... lots of things to do when we're not out and about in the cars .... or shopping! 4 restaurants, a bar (!) a nice place to hang out and relax ... Thanks in advance for checking it out ... can't hurt and maybe you will get a good rate.
Here is the website http://www.cheyennemountain.com/About_Us/our_location.asp

Here is the link again for those that would like to check it out. It sure looks like a beautiful place for our event.

Bruce :wave:

Sorry Fred, The CMR is not the kind of place where you can do the things you told about in your #5. If you want to do that then I will see about the No Tell Motels on South Nevada. The hot and cold running prostitutes would probably join your party on South Nevada. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle It is due to their Liquor License. Colorado has some pretty strict laws.
Fr if we do not bring closure to this it will be extremely difficult to attract more people to come.

Fred

Resort

FR bottom line the price for the resort is $157.54 that is with the tax and the $15.00 a room charge. Here is the break down per post #144.
Room Rate = $129.00
Charge per Room= $15.00
9.4% Tax= $13.53
Total Per Night $157.53

In my opinion everyone is leaning this way. I have looked at this resort with the link that has been provided to us and it looks very nice and accomodating. :D

It looks like a great place, that's one reason why we want to get out there as early as possible (Sunday evening). A week will go by really fast with everything there is to see and do.

Bruce :)

8. If you dont want breakfast there you can drive 3/10 of a mile and eat at IHOP. I could go on and on but I really believe this would be the way to go. However, we want to be with the group and will make ajustments within reason.

Hey, there are 3 Waffle Houses in Colorado Springs. That is where you will find me in the morning. :laugh:

For a true vacation I am leaning more and more to CMR.

Is this an "all in favor, say Aye!?" .... Because if we need 10 votes to settle this for the CMR ....
Then ..... AYE! :rocker: :wave:

I will start the Aye post for CMR. Here is the list I believe.

Kent(Jetboy)
RuthAnn & Ray (Lola's Mom & Detail Guy)
Fred & Ingrid (Speedway)
Bruce & Kathy (Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl)
Kris & Marc (Missy Bling & Tiffany's Dad)
Kevin & Marion (Cubby & Supa Freak)

Is there anyone we have missed that has expressed interest in the CMR?
If no one has looked at the link, please do I believe it will be very nice for our group. I have looked at other resorts in this area and they are alot more than this resort. JMO. If you are a yes vote please post and let me know or pm me so I can add your name to the list.

Way to go everyone! I think we may have this vacation up and running! :blinzel:
I will start the Aye post for CMR. Here is the list I believe.

Kent(Jetboy)
Fred & Ingrid (Speedway)

Is there anyone we have missed that has expressed interest in the CMR?
If no one has looked at the link, please do I believe it will be very nice for our group. I have looked at other resorts in this area and they are alot more than this resort. JMO. If you are a yes vote please post and let me know or pm me so I can add your name to the list.

I believe this will be an AWESOME experience for all of us. CO is such a beautiful state with so much to see and do. You really don't want to miss this party. If you don't think you want to drive to CO then you could always fly in.

Bruce :wave:

Here is the web site for the cafe/winery in Salida. www.twistedcorkcafe.com The winery is Mountain Spirits Winery and is part of this complex. I am thinking there could be a stop at the Royal Gorge first and then drive on to Salida which would be hiway 50 "The Big Horn Sheep Canyon" which is along the Arkansas River. Have lunch at the Twisted Cork Cafe, buy the wines you want from the winery and then take hiway 285 to hiway 24 back to Colorado Springs. You would see a lot of pretty country and have some great twisty roads both ways. I usually make the trip that way so I am not back tracking. I also looked up Bishop's Castle and lots of articles and pictures of this are on the internet. I am now using bing for my search and I really find it better than what I used to use. :patriot::patriot::patriot:
This sounds like a lot of fun. These roads were made for our cars FR your lucky that you have this so close sounds like a great stress reliever.:rocker:

This sounds like a lot of fun. These roads were made for our cars FR your lucky that you have this so close sounds like a great stress reliever.:rocker:

I've been on dozens of bike trips up there. We won't run out of good roads. I may go up to Estes Park after this is over for another week.

I'm thinking the SoCal folks can meet us Desert Rats two days before in Phoenix then we take a nice ride up 87 and across 260 and the rim then head up to Albuquerque and meet up with Jean and Jim. Nativo Lodge in Albuquerque is were we have had a couple of XLR events. Nice Place. Next day run up 25 to Colorado Springs.

I've been on dozens of bike trips up there. We won't run out of good roads. I may go up to Estes Park after this is over for another week.

I'm thinking the SoCal folks can meet us Desert Rats two days before in Phoenix then we take a nice ride up 87 and across 260 and the rim then head up to Albuquerque and meet up with Jean and Jim. Nativo Lodge in Albuquerque is were we have had a couple of XLR events. Nice Place. Next day run up 25 to Colorado Springs.

We should talk more about this see if everyone would be interested. You know the midwest has MM's and they go all over that part of the country I like that a name is coming out of this side of the country. "Desert Rats" there are so many things we could do during the year that would be within reasonable miles on are cars. Of course we would continue to meet up annaually as we do now.

Hi, I haven't been on here much as I've been really busy with work. I would do the shirts, if everyone would agree on which shirt and a design and I would need at the very least, one month, or more, before the event, to get the shirts done. The price of the shirts will depend on which shirts you want and the design you all pick.
Have a very safe and happy 4th of July!:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:
Jean

Hi, I haven't been on here much as I've been really busy with work. I would do the shirts, if everyone would agree on which shirt and a design and I would need at the very least, one month, or more, before the event, to get the shirts done. The price of the shirts will depend on which shirts you want and the design you all pick.
Jean

Hi Jean -
I'd be happy to give a shirt design a try. I've done a lot of logo design, so if you give me some parameters, I'll see if I can come up with something that will work for embroidery. You used 3 colors of thread on the last one, right?
Cathy

Update on the yes votes for CMR

Kent(Jetboy)
Fred & Ingrid (Speedway)
Cathy & David (Quinn& DD)

If you are a yes vote for CMR please post your yes or PM Little Woman so we can get our count and get your name on the list.

Jean
We knew we could count on you Jean.:worship:

Cathy Yes she did use 3 colors of thread on the last one. :worship:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics