Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! New thread - Colorado Event

I am interested in the dates also. Lets just use a date for example of what I would like a better understanding of . That date would be May 23 - 29 does that include travel time. In other words is there going to be 6 days that we will have together in Colorado Springs? :dunno: I am hoping we can spend 6 days all together.:blinzel:

Fred

Fred,

You may not be able to take six days with Supa Freak!!!:laugh::laugh::lol::lol: You may be ready to leave after just 2:chuckle:chuckle Speaking from experience with the Midwest group; we would probably leave on the 22nd or 23rd and arrive a day later (23rd or 24th). We would then leave for home on the 30th to be back on the 31st (Memorial day); so you would have 5 or 6 days with our group.:D:D

I am interested in the dates also. Lets just use a date for example of what I would like a better understanding of . That date would be May 23 - 29 does that include travel time. In other words is there going to be 6 days that we will have together in Colorado Springs? :dunno: I am hoping we can spend 6 days all together.:blinzel:

Fred

As of right now, our plan is to leave for CO on the Saturday before and arrive in CS on Sunday evening. We would have the entire week to do things and then leave Sunday morning for home.

Bruce :wave:

As of right now, our plan is to leave for CO on the Saturday before and arrive in CS on Sunday evening. We would have the entire week to do things and then leave Sunday morning for home.

Thats fantastic this should be a really good time for everyone.:rocker: Bruce is your buddy going to make t-shirts this time?

Fred

scenic drives

This part of the country is going to have roads designed for our cars. These mountains OMG just think about the photo ops Photo girl. :willy_nilly:

Fred:wave:

Thats fantastic this should be a really good time for everyone.:rocker: Bruce is your buddy going to make t-shirts this time?

Fred

We could talk to Craig about doing them for us. He would have a lot more notice this time around. I'm sure Jean could make us shirts as well.

We could talk to Craig about doing them for us. He would have a lot more notice this time around. I'm sure Jean could make us shirts as well.

I think Jean did a FANTASTIC job last time, and we should have her do them again. Have Craig do badges again for those that want them... that way we spread the wealth around. Also, Jean's are embroidered... I believe Craig's were going to be screen-printed. Myself, I would rather have embroidered shirts...

I agree and also that is what Jean does for a living, she is one of us and we need to keep the business in the family. JM2cents worth.

VERY WELL PUT, FR!! I was trying to think of a tactful way of saying exactly what you said... and you did!!

I agree and also that is what Jean does for a living, she is one of us and we need to keep the business in the family. JM2cents worth.
This was my error I assume Jean was going to make T-shirts for the CS event I was talking about Badges on t-shirts that Bruces friend did for SA.

Fred

:wave: Hi all, I think we should go with the CMR;) and the dates that most have picked, and that is the week before and into Memorial day. And then we can plan the site seeing trips accordingly. As for the banquet nite we should do it at the beginning so that we all know who is there, and get plans out to see what all is happening and who all is joining in. Then the last nite maybe all meet at a certian spot in the Resort itself, A BAR hopefully!!:laugh:This is just my thoughts, so whatever we do I'm there. :worship:
I will wait until all of the choices are posted to commit - but right now, if we had to choose it would be the CMR. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be interested in looking at them too. :blinzel:

Banquet

I think that the wives should select where this banquet should be and when. There is more than enough time for planning and with the internet at everyones finger tips you can really come up with great options. This is not to say guys cant do this but I have found that women have a certain touch that just makes things comes out magnificent. What does the group and wives think of taking on this role.:wave:

Fred

Not a problem for us women, we do most things anyway when it comes to planning, don't we? :dunno: Once we get set on dates/place to stay then we can form a group of all the ladies ideas and pick the best one. Fine with me!:blinzel:

I think that the wives should select where this banquet should be and when. There is more than enough time for planning and with the internet at everyones finger tips you can really come up with great options. This is not to say guys cant do this but I have found that women have a certain touch that just makes things comes out magnificent. What does the group and wives think of taking on this role.:wave:

Fred

On my way!!:wave:
That sounds good to me. Once we arrive at that point I can send you the names, emails, phones for the contact people so you can work with them on what is needed and the price, etc. Some have mentioned they like to order off the menu, you can probably check if that is an option or if it will be set meals or buffett. MissySupa Bling, this may require you to come out and take care of all this in person. :):):)

:wave: Hi all, I think we should go with the CMR;) and the dates that most have picked, and that is the week before and into Memorial day. And then we can plan the site seeing trips accordingly. As for the banquet nite we should do it at the beginning so that we all know who is there, and get plans out to see what all is happening and who all is joining in. Then the last nite maybe all meet at a certian spot in the Resort itself, A BAR hopefully!!:laugh:This is just my thoughts, so whatever we do I'm there. :worship:

Okey-dokey ... Those banquet plans sound good to me too. There needs to be a small committee to work on that, I would think.

Here are my thoughts ... for whatever they are worth.
Ray and I want to stay wherever our friends are ... we'd still like to see everyone under one roof. As much as we liked the Hilton, we did not like having to divide our time running back and forth to the Hampton to get together with our friends - we couldn't get to our car easily - and jumping into our car was a major event ... and walking back and forth was not fun in the sun! That was the poorest parking situation I have ever seen. The parking lots at all 3 other Rendezvous was much more event friendly - which is why we get together in the first place. And all of the hotels were new, modern and offered great ammenities.. So, all that being said .... the bottom line is ... In COMPARISON to the Rodeway, if the ONLY other choice is the CAC - then we would choose that. BUT - if someone is checking into another hotel (more like what we had for the previous Rendezvous) .... and the majority books there, like Jetboy, that is where we will go too. Like Ray said, the important part is being together ... (yeah, HE said that!) .... like the hotel, or hate it, we need to be together.

I am with you on that! We also want to be with friends and SA was great where we stayed. But we did hate not all being together. So we just all need to get about 3 choices and pick which ever one makes sense and the cost is right.:patriot: Happy Forth to you all!

Okey-dokey ... Those banquet plans sound good to me too. There needs to be a small committee to work on that, I would think.

Ray and I want to stay wherever our friends are ... we'd still like to see everyone under one roof. As much as we liked the Hilton, we did not like having to divide our time running back and forth to the Hampton to get together with our friends - we couldn't get to our car easily - and jumping into our car was a major event ... and walking back and forth was not fun in the sun! That was the poorest parking situation I have ever seen. The parking lots at all 3 other Rendezvous was much more event friendly - which is why we get together in the first place. And all of the hotels were new, modern and offered great ammenities.. So, all that being said .... the bottom line is ... In COMPARISON to the Rodeway, if the ONLY other choice is the CAC - then we would choose that. BUT - if someone is checking into another hotel (more like what we had for the previous Rendezvous) .... and the majority books there, like Jetboy, that is where we will go too. Like Ray said, the important part is being together ... (yeah, HE said that!) .... like the hotel, or hate it, we need to be together.

Well things are looking up! All is going in the right direction of making some decisions. Just need for everyone to speak up or give there opinion. ;)
And thanks again FR for getting all the info for us all. Appreciated!:worship:
Just talked to Lee, they will give us a Hospitality Room for FREE. That was not mentioned in his email to me so I wanted to make sure they would do it. Any food in the room will have to be supplied by them and what ever you want you pay for, he is talking snacks and soft drinks like what would be in the little frig in the individual rooms. They also can set up a cash bar in the Hospitality Room. He said he is going to check if they can knock off a couple of dollars on the Service Fee. They do want our business. :):):)

:love: We love you Foxy, you are always on it trying to make us happy. :)
If you would like I can check on the Antlers Hilton which is right down town Colorado Springs. There are a lot of resturants downtown that are very walkable. The Antlers Hilton is certainly a wonderful place and great location. I guess I will just check with them on their rates and that way we have three to think about. The parking is underground, you can take an elevator right to it or use the valet parking.

I agree with trying to keep everyone together. I researched this for quite some time and could not find anything that would come close to what Cheyenne Mountain Resort is offering for the price. The reasons I have are 1. The security of the cars. 2. Most of us men have been missing in action with our wives because of the demands of the job we had over the years. The wives deserve to have a fantastic vacation and at this price the opportunity is there. You guys deserve a fantastic vacation for being great providers (please do not interpit this as wives not doing there part). 3. Were going to go sight seeing I am sure but were goiing to have free time. Who is going to offer the amenties for the price they have quoted for our down time together. 4. We certainly do not have to eat every meal there, afterall we will have our cars to go anywhere with. 5. They our offering a hospitally room at no cost. We do not have to use there bar I can tell you I have personnaly set these rooms up at events where I hung up streamers and ballons and christmas tree lights. I pluged the bath tub filled it with ice and loaded it with beer. Set up three tables and had a bar. We had a radio (ipod ready) and had our own music. We have had people bring musical instruments and quite frankly we had a blast. But the greatest thing of all was no worry about DUI's. 6. They have two restrauants and a pub that has finger food. The pub is also has a micro brewery. The Pub's hours our 1pm to 2am. 7, They have 4 pools and a private lake when you have down time. 8. There rooms are at the level where you would expect to pay $300 - $400 a night. 8. If you dont want breakfast there you can drive 3/10 of a mile and eat at IHOP. I could go on and on but I really believe this would be the way to go. However, we want to be with the group and will make ajustments within reason.

Fred:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back