Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! New thread - Colorado Event

Scott from CAC just sent me an email stating Cheyenne Mountain Resort has set a $129.00 rate for next summer as they are actively seeking "car clubs". Lee from CMR told me they have been talking to Pikes Peak Speedway and really want to get the car club business. You may recall this is the first property I suggested after we ruled out the Broadmoor Hotel as being a little too pricey. :):):)
Hey FR great job. I have really looked everywhere and next to Broardmoor this Cheyenne Mountain Resort just has it all. The Broardmoor is extremely expensive. You have to go to CMR's site and look at what that $15 activity fee incorporates. Its a long long list of amenities. This will be Ingrid and my selection and I would just like to say "thank you" one more time for all the hard work and time you have put in on this.:willy_nilly::):):)

Go Army:patriot:

Fred & Ingrid

You are correct, we did drive past the Rodeway Inn and Castaways resturant. We also drove past the Broadmoor Hotel and I took you to the Sculptures, I can't remember if you took pictures or not of the Sculptures.

I got a couple before my battery died... they are on a different card than I have with me. I will look for them and post later.

Just received this email from Lee.
Flat rate of $129.00 (9.4% room tax and our $15.oo per ROOM, per night Facilities Service Charge - bellman & maid gratuity, daily paper, in-room coffee/tea, wireless internet access, valet/self parking, and fitness & aquatics center access.) This rate will be available 3 days pre & post selected dates (May 23-29, 2010) based on availability.

Please note that these rates are NOT available for discounts such as AARP, AAA or pre-pay. And CMR will require a signed contract for a minimum of 10 rooms per night.

Lee also stated he will follow up with me after the 4th of July weekend.

And now you have the rest of the story. :wave::wave::wave:
Thats interesting. I dont believe we have even picked a date for Colorado Springs yet or am I confused?:dunno:

Fred

No Fred, you are not confused, I had to give them dates to get rates, we are still waiting for the time period to end for selecting dates. I picked the dates that have the most votes to date to give to the motels/resorts. If the votes change then we will post the correct dates. See, you are not confused, Illinois people never get confused. :):):)
I think we are pretty secure with those dates unless we get a surge of votes between now and the 14th. :)

No Fred, you are not confused, I had to give them dates to get rates, we are still waiting for the time period to end for selecting dates. I picked the dates that have the most votes to date to give to the motels/resorts. If the votes change then we will post the correct dates. See, you are not confused, Illinois people never get confused. :):):)
Thanks for clarifying. I voted for all three dates because any would work for us. I thought maybe I had missed a post. I wish it were true that Illinois people never get confused however, I must admit I have my days.

Fred

Well Fred, I guess that makes three that voted for all three dates so that means we have to subtract six from the total count. I take back what I said about Illinois people not getting confused. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle It doesn't change anything, just the number of people that voted. :):):)

Sorry for messing this count up. Just seemed the thing to do if any of those dates worked.:wave: Will discuss this over cocktails when we get there sound good?:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Fred

Just received this email from Lee.
Flat rate of $129.00 (9.4% room tax and our $15.oo per ROOM, per night Facilities Service Charge - bellman & maid gratuity, daily paper, in-room coffee/tea, wireless internet access, valet/self parking, and fitness & aquatics center access.) This rate will be available 3 days pre & post selected dates (May 23-29, 2010) based on availability.

Please note that these rates are NOT available for discounts such as AARP, AAA or pre-pay. And CMR will require a signed contract for a minimum of 10 rooms per night.

Lee also stated he will follow up with me after the 4th of July weekend.

And now you have the rest of the story. :wave::wave::wave:

That is really a pretty sweet deal. I think that swings my preference to CMR but I will go with the flow.:love:

Just Kidding Fred!!!

Then stop telling people you're from Illinois:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You're hurting our reputation:laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

Thanks for clarifying. I voted for all three dates because any would work for us. I thought maybe I had missed a post. I wish it were true that Illinois people never get confused however, I must admit I have my days.

Fred

I think we need to do about the same as we did in SA. So leave on Monday come back and home on the next Monday. Do we know how many hours it is from IN and IL to get to CO?
And what is your last statement about the little girls and boys hold two? I don't understand, you asked if it made sense! It did not to Missy Bling, Blonde remember??:dunno:
I have a serious question, how many days do you plan to be in Colorado and what day of the week do you want to arrive? After we determine the dates I can give you a list of various things you might like to do while you are here or I can give it anytime you would like it. Some might require driving 105 miles one way, nice day trip and some are much shorter and some just stay in the local area. This is your vacation and your pleasure as to what you want to do but there can be several choices on the same day and each one (or two since the little girls and boys hold two) can decide what they want to do and on what day. Does that make sence?:):):)

I know, all that is on your mind right now is the new Camero. :):):). "Little girls and boys", Ruth Ann has told us if our XLR's are girls or boys and whatever they are they hold two, Driver and Navigator. BLONDES !!! :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle From Peoria, Ill., to Colorado Springs takes about 15 hours driving time. For a change of scenery I usually go East on I 70 and West on I 80 or vice versa. Sometimes I take the old hiways rather than the Interstate, can be more fun driving, winding, hilly roads, small towns to stop and eat lunch and so forth. "BLONDES" "ONLY YOUR COSMETOLOGIST KNOWS FOR SURE" You are so cute, that is why we all love you. Does it all make sense now? :dunno::dunno::dunno:
I think it does. :D I'm sure Blonde gets it now. :chuckle

Got it now Foxy!!!:laugh::laugh: Just takes me a moment. And yes the Camaro is always on my mind, darn it!:( I want it now!!!

I know, all that is on your mind right now is the new Camero. :):):). "Little girls and boys", Ruth Ann has told us if our XLR's are girls or boys and whatever they are they hold two, Driver and Navigator. BLONDES !!! :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle From Peoria, Ill., to Colorado Springs takes about 15 hours driving time. For a change of scenery I usually go East on I 70 and West on I 80 or vice versa. Sometimes I take the old hiways rather than the Interstate, can be more fun driving, winding, hilly roads, small towns to stop and eat lunch and so forth. "BLONDES" "ONLY YOUR COSMETOLOGIST KNOWS FOR SURE" You are so cute, that is why we all love you. Does it all make sense now? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Too many to count! :pat: I will start when it gets closer and they tell me where it is in production. :willy_nilly:
I'm surprised your not keeping a count down. :wave: You are going to post pixs once you get it aren't you? :dunno:

That is really a pretty sweet deal. I think that swings my preference to CMR but I will go with the flow.:love:

I will wait until all of the choices are posted to commit - but right now, if we had to choose it would be the CMR. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be interested in looking at them too. :blinzel:

I will wait until all of the choices are posted to commit - but right now, if we had to choose it would be the CMR. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be interested in looking at them too. :blinzel:
Once the dates get established hopefully there will be more interest and input in the trip. :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom