Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Corvette Museum raffling 15th Anniversary Custom

attachment.php

To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the Corvette Museum a custom 2010 Corvette Grand Sport will be raffled.

Automotive enthusiasts have the chance to win a true “one of a kind” sports car, a completely custom designed 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe.

The Arctic White beauty celebrates the 15th Anniversary of the National Corvette Museum with a unique Black Jake stripe encompassed by a red stripe and matching red fender striping.

What’s even more unique is the car comes with a National Corvette Museum logo on the B-pillar making it a true collector car.

The 6-speed manual transmission, chrome wheels, headlamps and ZR1 rear spoiler polish off the flawless racing design. Other classic options included are red two-tone leather seating surfaces, audio system with touch-screen navigation and dual-mode exhaust.

“You can summarize the car this way,” Tadge Juechter, Chief Engineer of the Corvette said, “Zero to sixty in four seconds; 26 miles a gallon.”
“This special ‘one off’ NCM Corvette Grand Sport coupe was created and inspired by the hard work and dedication of the people who work at the National Corvette Museum,” said Kirk Bennion, Corvette Designer. “The chosen colors of white, black, and red were based on the NCM logo. The stripe design embodies the true ‘passion for competition’ that the Museum has for Corvette's long racing heritage. The Corvette Museum not only displays Corvette's history but is also dedicated to presenting Corvette's latest offerings. This is why we chose the new for 2010 Corvette Grand Sport for NCM's 15th Anniversary!”
The Corvette will be raffled off on Sunday, September 6 at 10:00 a.m. C.S.T. as part of the finale of the National Corvette Museum’s 15th Anniversary Celebration. Only 2009 tickets are available at $150 each. Tickets not only give participants the chance to win the collector Corvette, but cash prizes will also be awarded. 2nd prize claims $10,000 while 3rd prize scores $5,000.

The Celebration activities begin on Thursday, September 3 when over 5,000 Corvettes will convene in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The cars will be caravaning from all 48 continental United States to gather for the love of America’s Sports Car. The 4-day event includes seminars, road tours, special displays, parades, autocross, auctions, a live concert, and the main event - the official grand opening of the Museum expansion.

“This year’s event offers something for everyone and is packed with non-stop activities from a free concert by the #1 Beatles Show in the World , ‘1964 The Tribute’ to a talk by head of Chevrolet Ed Peper to a Women’s Oasis and much more,” said Wendell Strode, Executive Director of the Museum. “The 4-day event is only $10 for museum members, and $50 for non-members which includes a 1-year Museum membership,” added Strode.
For more information: The National Corvette Museum is located in Bowling Green, Kentucky at I-65 exit 28 and is open daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. C.S.T. For more information about the Museum, 15th Anniversary Celebration and raffle opportunities, visit National Corvette Museum or call (800) 53-VETTE (83883).

Shes a beauty. This is just one more reason why GM should have been bailed out.:willy_nilly: GM "get er done"

Fred:patriot:

Fred, you need to buy a ticket. You could fly into Nashville,TN and drive back home. What a fun trip that would be.:rocker:

Bruce :patriot:

Fred, you need to buy a ticket. You could fly into Nashville,TN and drive back home. What a fun trip that would be.:rocker:

Bruce :patriot:
Wouldnt that be sweet to drive back I would have to take the long long long way home.:D:D:D

Fred:patriot:

That would be a great car for Supa.

Bruce :cool:
That would be a great car for me. I went to the website to try and get tickets for this one and I don't see this one. Help. :willy_nilly:

Let me know if you find anything out. Thank you Bruce.

I will. There are other Corvette raffles that go on through out the year. 3 winners will be chosen during the Labor day Celebration. The proceeds help keep the NCM running. I would love to see one of you guys win a new car.:rocker:

Bruce :)

Supa will look great in it, along with little Phil. :lol: You are going to have to make some more room in the garage.

Bruce :D
Without getting rid of my everyday car? :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry