Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

TREE MAN

My XLR/V(s)
XENON BLUE/EBONY
I just joined today and won't actually have my XLR till this weekend.
I have been dreaming of owning one for over 3 years now and I am finally realizing that dream this week.

I will post pictures soon... but in the meantime I hope everyone has a great week!

I just joined today and won't actually have my XLR till this weekend.
I have been dreaming of owning one for over 3 years now and I am finally realizing that dream this week.

I will post pictures soon... but in the meantime I hope everyone has a great week!

New Jersey! Well, you're practically in MM Country! ;) Congratulations on getting your new car .... you are going to love it! I will cross my fingers that you have a long Fall and will be able to drive the heck out of it. Stay tuned .... happy to have you here! :blinzel:

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!! :cool:

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy your new ride.
What year and color are you getting?

Welcome to the site. I was in your shoes a short time ago , love the car... no regrets. I am sure you will have a blast with your new car. :cool:

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RIDE!!! You WILL enjoy it... as RA said, hope you have a LOOONNNNGGGG fall so you can drive, drive, drive!!!

Welcome to a great forum. Glad to see another east coast XLR. John:wave:

Welcome to the Net!

Enjoy the ride!

Thank you all for the congrats and encouragement!!!!
My deposit/down payment has cleared the bank and I am leaving at 4am Saturday to pick it up. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures for those of you interested. It is going to be about a 13 hour round trip but I couldn't think of any other way to break in my blue beauty than a triumphant 300 mile ride back home, we will get aquainted with each other quickly I am sure.

I waited this long because I really had my heart set on getting what in my opinion is one of the most beautiful color combos, XENON BLUE with the Ebony Leather. I might have considered settling for a THUNDER GRAY but I rarely see either for sale and I have never seen either on the road. As many of you have mentioned before I really only see an XLR on the road occasionaly anyway.

I remember 3 years ago I found this forum while browsing the net at work and it may be slightly related to why I was let go. I obsessed over learning more about the car and scoured through your posts and articles for hours a day instead of actually working!

Now that I finally got one I am sure I will be on here just as much, but instead of lurking, I am now a registered member and XLR owner. There is a wealth of knowledge on here thanks to many of you guys and most of you make it seem like a brotherhood of fellow owners and enthusiusts, I am proud of my car and proud of my membership on here.

I apologize for the length of this post and the "life story" but I am just ecstatic! I don't know if I will laugh or cry tears of joy the first time I push the button to start her up! I wanted this car so bad I feel like I just got a Lamborghini for 28 grand haha

I hope to get to know you guys a bit more as I look for advice on the tinkering and customizing of my baby and hopefully I can offer some of my own!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

-TREE-MAN-

Tree Man.....Oh you are definetly cut from the MM material! You are going to have a ball.....:rocker:

Please forgive me... but I don't think I know exactly what MM is?

Please forgive me... but I don't think I know exactly what MM is?

MM stands for Midwest Maurauders. The MM's are a group of car enthusiasts who like to get together - no matter what kind of car - and just enjoy our friendship. While most have XLR's - we also have vettes, cameros, SHO's join us too. Many of the MM's are in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio (and some people from Iowa and St Louis area have joined in the fun). GREAT, GREAT group of people!

I totally relate to your excitement. I bought my '05 June '09 in Philly - and drove it home in the afternoon/evening (flew to Philly from Chicago). I drove for 10 hours straight, until I needed to stop for gas... and I wasn't even tired. I spent the night in Dayton (staying up, reading the owners manual - so only getting a couple of hours of sleep). You'll love your car!

Thats pretty cool!
Maybe I can be an honorary member because ironicly I live just outside of Philly but I purchased it in Ohio.

I would love to fly there and drive back so I get in it sooner but I am trading my car in so I have to drive it out there. I have a feeling I am going to be like you and enjoy the first drive excitement so much the 6 hours will fly by before I know it.

I can't wait to get back either because I only told my parents about it... all the people who have heard me gush about how bad I want one for so long will be pretty shocked when I pull up to my best friend's party in the exact one I always described!

I am going to be strapped a bit financially now for a little while, but if you guys have any events or shows planned down the road I would definately be interested in attending!

Tree Man, maybe you can join us in April on our trip to Charleston,SC. It would be great to have another Xenon Blue X in the group. Enjoy your drive home and take a lot of pictures.:wave:

Congratulations on your "Dream come true"!

I felt much the same about the acquisition of my XLR in Crimson Pearl. Don't worry, you're among others with the same enthusiasm about their cars as well!

MM stands for Midwest Maurauders. The MM's are a group of car enthusiasts who like to get together - no matter what kind of car - and just enjoy our friendship. While most have XLR's - we also have vettes, cameros, SHO's join us too. Many of the MM's are in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio (and some people from Iowa and St Louis area have joined in the fun). GREAT, GREAT group of people!
QUOTE]
There's one MM in California .... but, shhhhh, it's a secret! :squint:

YOU are going to have the best rides of your life when you join up with this group .... do not worry that you do not know anyone .... we were all stranger's once .... Have fun .... but not too much fun, or you might become a member of "The Club" .... :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom