Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mild 2 Wild Exhaust

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
Just thought I'd post this for those that may be interested, you may be able to find it cheaper online somewhere :dunno: For those of you that have a Mild 2 Wild Exhaust System I just seen in the National Corvette Museum Store Catalog they now have available to buy a Mild 2 Wild Wireless Exhaust Control. It reads no drilling, a simple 5 minute plug & play installation that anyone can do! For more information you can visit their website: store.corvettemuseum.org Their Cost: $99.95 FREE SHIPPING ON $75.00 OR MORE!

Nice info, Dan, but the Mild2Wild switch for the XLR-V's are different hook up than the Corvette. You must order the XLR Mild2Wild kit. Plus it's cheaper as listed below!!

MILD 2 WILD XLR Version

Just thought I'd post this for those that may be interested, you may be able to find it cheaper online somewhere :dunno: For those of you that have a Mild 2 Wild Exhaust System I just seen in the National Corvette Museum Store Catalog they now have available to buy a Mild 2 Wild Wireless Exhaust Control. It reads no drilling, a simple 5 minute plug & play installation that anyone can do! For more information you can visit their website: store.corvettemuseum.org Their Cost: $99.95 FREE SHIPPING ON $75.00 OR MORE!

I was wondering that Cubby! Thanks for posting the the correct kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

FWIW I have this system and really like it. I spend most of the time "open". It is great when at a drive-thru and the looks you get when you quiet things up magically. :)

Nice info, Dan, but the Mild2Wild switch for the XLR-V's are different hook up than the Corvette. You must order the XLR Mild2Wild kit. Plus it's cheaper as listed below!!

MILD 2 WILD XLR Version

I purchased my mild2wild for Victor-V on Monday and it arrived Thursday. I installed it this morning, which only took a few minutes. What a huge difference in sound it makes with the baffles open. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

I purchased my mild2wild for Victor-V on Monday and it arrived Thursday. I installed it this morning, which only took a few minutes. What a huge difference in sound it makes with the baffles open. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Awesome! Now you can make some noise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Is the Mild to Wild just available for the V or will it work on the Base model also?

Is the Mild to Wild just available for the V or will it work on the Base model also?

It only works on the V exhaust. The V-series has a "Bi-Mode" exhaust system and the base does not.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Much appreciated!

A great option the change out to Corsa Exhaust on base mellow no drone but when u petal to metal you can hear HP just rack off!Awesome looking chrome tips too! Love ours!

7urevuva.jpg
a4e4u8u4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Magnaflow exhaust...

I opted for the Magnaflow exhaust. I just didn't care for the way the Corsa system sounded. (To me...) It sounded more like one of those "Fast & Furious" movie cars. I thought the Magnaflow sounded more throaty and that's really what it'll come down to... What sounds good to the BUYER because everyone has different taste.

Will these fit our console? These are for the C6 05 to 11 years from the same site as the mild to wild that Cubby listed. I'd like a bit more padding for me bony elbow.

Attachments

• 6DD98956-5AC3-4BB4-8E0D-8BC2730C7E56.JPG
    6DD98956-5AC3-4BB4-8E0D-8BC2730C7E56.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 527
Will these fit our console? These are for the C6 05 to 11 years from the same site as the mild to wild that Cubby listed. I'd like a bit more padding for me bony elbow.

I believe our center cover doesn't have a cut out for the seat. It's more square.

Has anyone with a mild to wild exhaust gone to a dyno? Be curious to see what the difference is from closed to open. That would give a nice reference on a exhaust change.

I seen claims made that Corsa Exhaust boost an extra 15 HP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Mild2Wild install?

Hello, I do not want to just start tearing out interior to find where this M2W hooks up so would someone please tell me where exactly this panel is located? Thank you Raz 06 XLRV

Hello, I do not want to just start tearing out interior to find where this M2W hooks up so would someone please tell me where exactly this panel is located? Thank you Raz 06 XLRV

The instructions where I purchased mine were very easy to follow. The area pictured in the instructions is located in the trunk on the driver's side. Pull the carpet back and there's a small cover over the hydraulic pump and magnetic ride controller. All the wires you need to access is in this area.

Check out the link below.

MILD 2 WILD XLR Version

Mike

Mild 2 Wild install

Thanks Mike...sorry to be a pain but what section of the drivers side trunk? Back nearest the trunk opening, center top/bottom, forward, how does the carpet detach? Velcro, hooks, snaps? Sorry for the rookie questions just don't want to damage anything in the car... :) Later - Raz

The instructions where I purchased mine were very easy to follow. The area pictured in the instructions is located in the trunk on the driver's side. Pull the carpet back and there's a small cover over the hydraulic pump and magnetic ride controller. All the wires you need to access is in this area.

Check out the link below.

MILD 2 WILD XLR Version

Mike

Thanks Mike...sorry to be a pain but what section of the drivers side trunk? Back nearest the trunk opening, center top/bottom, forward, how does the carpet detach? Velcro, hooks, snaps? Sorry for the rookie questions just don't want to damage anything in the car... :) Later - Raz

No worries. Open the trunk and unhook the netting on the driver's side. In that same corner (by the taillight), the carpet/matting needs to be pulled back at an angle to work it out from under the fender trunk liner. There isn't anything attaching the carpet. It's bulking feeling when pulling it back but that's the only way to expose the cover to the bucket/well with all the controls in it.

The bucket is a very important area to keep a check on regardless of Mild2Wild because if the drain hole stops up with dirt or debris and your trunk leaks, it will fill with water. If this happens, then it's a $$$$$ repair.

Hope this helps.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back