Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mild 2 Wild Exhaust

Mild 2 Wild install

Wow, most excellent directions, I truly appreciate the information. Looking at your avatar you show his and hers black & red, are they V's? What vintage, how long have you owned them? Do you guys have interesting stories related to two of these awesome roadsters? Thank you again - Raz

No worries. Open the trunk and unhook the netting on the driver's side. In that same corner (by the taillight), the carpet/matting needs to be pulled back at an angle to work it out from under the fender trunk liner. There isn't anything attaching the carpet. It's bulking feeling when pulling it back but that's the only way to expose the cover to the bucket/well with all the controls in it.

The bucket is a very important area to keep a check on regardless of Mild2Wild because if the drain hole stops up with dirt or debris and your trunk leaks, it will fill with water. If this happens, then it's a $$$$$ repair.

Hope this helps.

Wow, most excellent directions, I truly appreciate the information. Looking at your avatar you show his and hers black & red, are they V's? What vintage, how long have you owned them? Do you guys have interesting stories related to two of these awesome roadsters? Thank you again - Raz

Hey Raz -

Mike delegated this response to me since I'm the one who started the XLR addiction. :lol: The black one is an '07 V and is Mike's, the red one is an '06 base and is mine (although we each drive both). I'd always loved the looks of these cars before I had any idea they were hardtop convertibles, that was just the icing on the cake! So, Mike surprised me with the red one as an anniversary gift in 2010. Then, when he kept texting me at work on nice days that he was taking mine out with the top down (I work too far away to go get it at lunch like he was doing), I told him to get his own! So he got the V in 2012.

The base had been a daily driver but was very well taken care of, had about 32k miles on it when I got it, now has 46k. The V had 15k miles but actually the exterior was in rougher shape than mine. I'm "detail girl" (because I like shiny things! :chuckle) so I fixed that part up; Mike's the electrical/mechanical guy. The V now has about 22k miles. They are an absolute blast to have!

The joint picture in the avatar is from the Bowling Green plant when we took both of them on a forum trip. We also play "cat & mouse" on drives around town. It's fun to see people going "What the heck is that ... wait there's TWO of them." We do car shows together as well. Below is a picture of us at a show. Enjoy YOUR ride!

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 389
Mild 2 Wild install comment

Too cool to hear of a girl/guy pair of these beautiful roadsters, our story is bit similar but being my wife is a bit intimidated by the V we got her a 2012 CTS Sport Wagon in black, very cool looking car for a wagon. Funny you mention the Bowling Green event as I am heading to this years meet, I hope to see other XLR's there so I'm not the odd ball without a Vette. Thanks again for the info and reply, very enjoyable to here about other XLR owners. Later - Raz

Hey Raz -

Mike delegated this response to me since I'm the one who started the XLR addiction. :lol: The black one is an '07 V and is Mike's, the red one is an '06 base and is mine (although we each drive both). I'd always loved the looks of these cars before I had any idea they were hardtop convertibles, that was just the icing on the cake! So, Mike surprised me with the red one as an anniversary gift in 2010. Then, when he kept texting me at work on nice days that he was taking mine out with the top down (I work too far away to go get it at lunch like he was doing), I told him to get his own! So he got the V in 2012.

The base had been a daily driver but was very well taken care of, had about 32k miles on it when I got it, now has 46k. The V had 15k miles but actually the exterior was in rougher shape than mine. I'm "detail girl" (because I like shiny things! :chuckle) so I fixed that part up; Mike's the electrical/mechanical guy. The V now has about 22k miles. They are an absolute blast to have!

The joint picture in the avatar is from the Bowling Green plant when we took both of them on a forum trip. We also play "cat & mouse" on drives around town. It's fun to see people going "What the heck is that ... wait there's TWO of them." We do car shows together as well. Below is a picture of us at a show. Enjoy YOUR ride!

Wire connector location - found!

I often feel like a big dummy but I once again tried to find this wiring connector at least to unplug it and see what it sounds like. Finally after looking at the photos closer I found it, I had been looking on the trunk SIDE panel, that is not where it is, it's in the FLOOR! Pull the floor carpet back at an angle from the corner and there is a small panel cover, lift the cover out and Voil'a, there is the component with the connector and the red and white wire! I disconnected the connector for a moment and it sounds cool, too loud for times when you want peace and quiet but with a remote switch it should be fun! This big dummy signing off now to order the M2W control, later. Raz

No worries. Open the trunk and unhook the netting on the driver's side. In that same corner (by the taillight), the carpet/matting needs to be pulled back at an angle to work it out from under the fender trunk liner. There isn't anything attaching the carpet. It's bulking feeling when pulling it back but that's the only way to expose the cover to the bucket/well with all the controls in it.

The bucket is a very important area to keep a check on regardless of Mild2Wild because if the drain hole stops up with dirt or debris and your trunk leaks, it will fill with water. If this happens, then it's a $$$$$ repair.

Hope this helps.

Mild2Wild install problem...

OK, installed...worked fine for two days, now stuck in "wild" open mode...checked wires all looks fine. In Bowling Green and have 5 hours to home...may have exhaust drone ears after a few hours at 60...Argh.

Try changing out the remote battery. If that doesn't work, buy some earplugs for the trip home. :D:D

OK, installed...worked fine for two days, now stuck in "wild" open mode...checked wires all looks fine. In Bowling Green and have 5 hours to home...may have exhaust drone ears after a few hours at 60...Argh.

Mild 2 Wild install comment earplugs

Ear plugs it is, even disconnected the M2W and the exhaust flaps are still open. Tried cycling power and ran it to over 3500 rpm...Earplugs to the house it is, vacuum hose?

Heard of one of the solenoids going bad and needing replaced after the mild to wild installed, but can't remember for sure. Checking the vacuum lines when you get home should be your first check.

Mild2Wild stuck open - fuse?

Hi all, I installed the Mild2Wild a month or so ago and cycled it over a few day period and was enjoying the option of the baffles open now and then, however mine are now stuck open. I disconnected the M2W and hooked the original wire back together and it is still stuck open. I pushed in the baffle flap with the engine running an could close it but the vacuum pressure pops it back open when released. So, I'm wondering if I fried the Control module box which is where the M2W plugs in, is that exhaust control module fused? If so any idea as to the physical location of the box with that fuse? New box is about $200, prefer to check for a fuse first :) Thanks - Raz

I purchased my mild2wild for Victor-V on Monday and it arrived Thursday. I installed it this morning, which only took a few minutes. What a huge difference in sound it makes with the baffles open. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Okay I know this is dumb but I just bought my Mild 2 Wild kit. I was wanting to do the install but I was wondering how much you guys strip the wires after cutting them or if you strip it at all? This car cost too much for me to mess this up.

I opted for the Magnaflow exhaust. I just didn't care for the way the Corsa system sounded. (To me...) It sounded more like one of those "Fast & Furious" movie cars. I thought the Magnaflow sounded more throaty and that's really what it'll come down to... What sounds good to the BUYER because everyone has different taste.

Do you have an sound videos of your exhaust? Debating between Corsa and Magnaflow now. Thanks!

Just thought I'd post this for those that may be interested, you may be able to find it cheaper online somewhere :dunno: For those of you that have a Mild 2 Wild Exhaust System I just seen in the National Corvette Museum Store Catalog they now have available to buy a Mild 2 Wild Wireless Exhaust Control. It reads no drilling, a simple 5 minute plug & play installation that anyone can do! For more information you can visit their website: store.corvettemuseum.org Their Cost: $99.95 FREE SHIPPING ON $75.00 OR MORE!
Nice info, Dan, but the Mild2Wild switch for the XLR-V's are different hook up than the Corvette. You must order the XLR Mild2Wild kit. Plus it's cheaper as listed below!!

MILD 2 WILD XLR Version
Just a warning - this link will take you to nakidparts.com which is a functioning website but I believe they are no longer in business. I ordered a Mild2Wild exhaust control from them and it never arrived. They never answered the contact number they provide or replied to an email I sent. Fortunately, I paid using a credit card and my bank refunded my money. I created a switch myself using about 25 dollars worth of parts from the auto parts store and ran it to my center console. No holes were drilled and only one wire had to be spliced in to.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom