Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Warning! Terriable XLR and worst warranty ever!

tonypro99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Red XLR-V
So I take my XLR in after having numerous problems.

1. The key fobs would sometimes work and I would be stuck in a parking lot while it's raining since I can't get the damn open and if I did got it
open after opening it via the rear hatch I can't get the thing to start.

2. The right headlight was flickering and both DLR's melted the plastic and thus it looks like $hit.

So after taking it into the dealer I get the run around that they can't dupicate the problem and since I have my extended warranty into effect they won't do any diagnostics or change the headlights that are melted even thou they look like a piece of $hit on GM's most expensive car. So after speaking to the service manager and phoning Cadillac customer service they said they wouldn't pay for anything and until the problem comes up while it's at the dealer then I'll just have to live with it. Well after hearing that I've decided to part with this piece of $hit and maybe I'll buy one later down the road but next month when I come back after traveling I'll be getting a SL55 AMG or Challenger 6.1 Hemi but I am truly disgusted in GM"s warranty to it's customers and the service they provide. I hope in the future they provide better service and I might come back but for now I'm jumping ship. Also for your info Im in Canada, WHERE WE HAVE NO LEMONS LAWS.

So sorry to hear about your problems with your car .... More sorry to hear that you will be giving it up. :ugh:

The headlamp thing is not a recall - so for sure that is at your service departments descression ... batteries in the fob fresh? I mean you didn't order them online did you? You should spend the couple of bucks and replace them with batteries from the dealership maybe just to rule that problem out.

That's the very limited input I have ...
Anyone else???

Ruth Ann is correct, put fresh batteries in both FOBs and go from there. What year is your XLR? I may be able to help you with your headlamps.

Bruce :)

Tonypro99,
Cadillac Tech can be a big help to you. Maybe you should give him a try. He has helped several us with problems. Doesn't hurt to try before you throw in the towel. I love our XLR, it is a great ride, and fun to drive.

Thx guys I love the car too and don't want to give it up but Im just frustrated but alright bruce the XLR is a 2004 lets see if you can help me.

Yea, Mswaim and I had 04's, boy wasn't that a hoot Mark? We showed GM "can't duplicate". We duplicated two yellow lemons.
Good luck GM, Ford and what's the name of that other care maker, Crustler.
Geez, you talk about being between the rock and hard place, there in it and so are we.:bash:

Thx guys I love the car too and don't want to give it up but Im just frustrated but alright bruce the XLR is a 2004 lets see if you can help me.

Bob is right, our 04 had so many problems, the service department would hide when I pulled in (now, they do the same thing with my 07) The 04 had problems with the top, the trunk, among many other problems. I do have to say, on its last visit to our Cadillac service department, I made the comment to the Service Manager "I never want to see this car again", he made it happen. Within 2 weeks, we had all our money back, and Mark was waiting for his new Corvette. PassionDiva (my 07) has been having her share of problems. I have decided to wait until after the first of the year to take her in. Once again, she has front end noise (after several attempts, GM sent in the area Tech, and he fixed her, now the problem is back), my clock is off most of the time by 1 hour, no matter what I do, and now, at times when I get in the car, it goes to driver 2 (I am driver 1). Would I buy another XLR. No, No, and NO!!!!

Bob is right, our 04 had so many problems, the service department would hide when I pulled in (now, they do the same thing with my 07) The 04 had problems with the top, the trunk, among many other problems. I do have to say, on its last visit to our Cadillac service department, I made the comment to the Service Manager "I never want to see this car again", he made it happen. Within 2 weeks, we had all our money back, and Mark was waiting for his new Corvette. PassionDiva (my 07) has been having her share of problems. I have decided to wait until after the first of the year to take her in. Once again, she has front end noise (after several attempts, GM sent in the area Tech, and he fixed her, now the problem is back), my clock is off most of the time by 1 hour, no matter what I do, and now, at times when I get in the car, it goes to driver 2 (I am driver 1). Would I buy another XLR. No, No, and NO!!!!

PD, I just read that you wouldn't know what to do if/when the XLR gets canned. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Floyd (BB)

PD, I just read that you wouldn't know what to do if/when the XLR gets canned. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Floyd (BB)

Its a love/hate relationship. I love the car, just wish it didn't always seem to have some kind of problem. After we had to lemon law the 04, I swore I would never get another one, but missed it so much, when I saw the Passion Red, I had to have it. When I heard we may get a body update, I was excited. So, from day to day my relationship with the XLR changes. I think it is the most exciting looking car on the roads today. After several years, the XLR still turns heads. How many domestic cars can do that??? Besides, I'm a woman, we can change our mind, any time we want!!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom